IGNORED

Worst ports ever.

AtticGamer

I found another one: Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX, even the Contra: The Alien Wars for Game Boy had more stuff than this one, talk about dissapointement.

If you want a portable version of C3, you're better off with the original GB release, unless you're a graphics freak.

I'm suprised no one said Tomb Raider for N-Gage, I liked it very much but most people didn't.

Edited by Atari_kid

I found another one: Contra Advance: The Alien Wars EX, even the Contra: The Alien Wars for Game Boy had more stuff than this one, talk about dissapointement.

If you want a portable version of C3, you're better off with the original GB release, unless you're a graphics freak.

You actually mentioned Contra Advance in your first post and I commented on it. The ironic thing about Contra: The Alien Wars GB b/w is that it was designed by Factor 5, the company who did the Amiga Turricans, Super Turrican, Super Turrican 2, and Mega Turrican. I love Factor 5. Contra: The Alien Wars also has decent SGB support, though it's kind of pointless when you can also play the original Contra III on SNES.

Edited by BrianC

I was checking out ign and noticed lots of people hate N64 Quake, why?

I have it and it's very close to the PC version, graphics and levels. The controller may be difficult to handle in this game but otherwise I think it's good. But they could have put an auto aim feature like Doom so it isn't necessary to lift or lower the weapon to shoot enemies on different levels.

I was checking out ign and noticed lots of people hate N64 Quake, why?

I have this one and like many of the other N64 games, it just looks poor in retrospect. I also have one of the Duke Nuke'em games for the N64, and I wouldn't play it these days........ :|

^^^ Actually the 5200 version isn't all that bad as long as you have a fully functional controller. If it's got even the slightest amount of "jitter" in the movements then it does make the game unplayable.

Congo Bongo is one of my favorite games so I like all the ports for it, even the less than perfect 2600 version. It really is amazing that a 2600 version of CB was possible and on top of that having the screen where your jungle explorer takes a torch and immolates the gorilla after completing the water board. :D It's just a shame that the section on the first board where you have to jump over the lower gap is a complete blurry mess. The is no defined edges at all. Total guess work. I just figure as a unique challenge to that particular port. If you want to see a real oddball port of CB then check out the Sega SG-1000 version:

Sega SG-1000 Congo Bongo

The Apple ][ version is very nice in that it contains all four boards. And no complaining about the disc access between each of them either. :P

My first vote goes to Space Ace on the Jaguar.

A glitch somehow got through the nonexistent quality-control for this title. The game has a delay or advance in expecting user input which makes it effectively impossible to play for longer than 20 seconds or so. I had scores of friends line up and take their shot, only to feel rage and a drive for near-psychotic revenge growing in their hearts. One swore that if he ever saw the game running again that, no offense to me, he would have to destroy it.

It's hard to match something that horrible and aggravating, but I also remember the painful disappointment I felt when I first played 2600 Pac Man.

One day, after the revolution, we will find those responsible for this port and bring them true justice, 2600 style. They will be crushed beneath a giant flashing block, while a deafening burst of pure white noise rings out, silencing their screams... :|

I just figure as a unique challenge to that particular port. If you want to see a real oddball port of CB then check out the Sega SG-1000 version:

Eeewwww!

The Apple ][ version is very nice in that it contains all four boards. And no complaining about the disc access between each of them either. :P

I think the Tandy Coco version had all 4 boards as well and game play was ok. The game really wasn't made for analog joysticks though.

<edit>

Scratch that. The game I'm thinking of wasn't an officially licensed version and had different screens.

Edited by JamesD

My vote would probably go to Street Fighter II for Master System. Looks about as good as you would expect an 8-bit street fighter to look but is near impossible to control. The game seems to take your controller inputs as vague suggestions at best. I'd also say Splatterhouse for the TG-16 was a pretty weak sauce port. The graphics were mostly there but the music and sound effects were way off. Splatterhouse was all about the atmoshphere and hearing the satisfying "smack" of splattering an enemey all over the wall and the console port was unfortunately nuetered in the translation. It's far from the "worst port ever" but to anyone who has played the arcade version a lot the TG-16 game is quite lame. I wish that Namco would finally release this in one of their arcade compilations instead of the same 10 or so arcade games they like to repackage and release every couple years.

I just figure as a unique challenge to that particular port. If you want to see a real oddball port of CB then check out the Sega SG-1000 version:

Eeewwww!

I think the Tandy Coco version had all 4 boards as well and game play was ok. The game really wasn't made for analog joysticks though.

<edit>

Scratch that. The game I'm thinking of wasn't an officially licensed version and had different screens.

That's actually the case in 99% of arcade games for the CoCo. It seems like Tandy had the largest ratio of "knock-off" types than any other maker.

That's actually the case in 99% of arcade games for the CoCo. It seems like Tandy had the largest ratio of "knock-off" types than any other maker.

What about Commodore? At least on the VIC-20, I can't think of any licensed game titles other than Gorf, though a fair number of their early carts were arcade knockoffs (Vic Avenger, Radar Rat Race, Cosmic Cruncher, etc.)

For me the worst conversion in history had to be Amidar for the 2600. It is the only game that I ever got that I felt cheated on when I played it. Another lousy conversion would also be Double Dragon for the 2600 but compared to Amidar it was still a work of art ;)

SNES Wolfenstein is bad.But am going to say a bad port for me is Pac-Man for the 2600.I just did a review in my blog about this game not that long ago.Its not the worst game out there by any means but i was just so let down by it after playing Pac-Man at our local arcades we had.It could of been so much better i feel.

I actually liked Wolfenstein for the SNES. Pac-man did have terrible graphics, but if you do play it, there is some fun to be had.lol

For some reason people say the Genesis was better for sports games over the SNES, but I found just the opposite to be true for hockey games!

The Genesis versions of the EA series "NHL '95, '96, '97" etc were never as good as the SNES in my opinion. So I vote for the Genny to havng the worst hockey ports ever.