IGNORED

OH Maria!

8bitdomain

That's OK, I don't buy products that are in development.

Really, I mean re-read post #1 of this thread. It has nothing to do with selling anything, and explicitly states that he's fielding for ideas to incorporate into a project that has not been released. Besides, he has a regular email address on his site, why hunt for him here? Sorta bad form to hurl insults & such, denigrating his character in a forum, when all he's trying to do is practice some cool hackery. Just because he has a website doesn't mean he's a business... there's no "Incorporated" anywhere on his page. As a matter of fact, he could be 16 or 11 for all you know.

I'd feel for ya completely if we were talking about Apple Computer, Inc. but, come on it's obvious he's a one-person operation, if you are silly enough to send money for a product that is not finished, in order to have a one of a kind piece of kit, then surely you should exhibit some patience & tolerance.

I don't know this guy from boo, and this is not my battle. If you don't have patience, don't order things that haven't been built yet. Like, I know that the 2012 Lamborghini would be really neat to have, but what it comes down to is, you cannot HAVE something that hasn't been BUILT yet. Sheeesh.

The moral of the story is that it's not his fault, it's your own fault for attempting to purchase something that doesn't exist, and will not exist until it is complete. Don't do it again. Bad user.

Saaaay, By the way, I'd like to tell you about an amazing real estate opportunity, I'm developing swampland in the Florida Keys, USA, and if you prepay for the development of the luxury mansion, I will throw in the entire 3 acre property at zero cost. Think of it, you will be the envy of your friends & loved ones, with a unique piece of real estate that can only go up in value. Send me your money in one easy payment, it's that simple.

Contact me for details.

That's OK, I don't buy products that are in development.

You don't know what you are talking about in this case. I'm sure everything you are saying is true in a general sense for most people, but I have specific experience with this person, that you do not, that contradicts what you are saying. I didn't buy something in development. I bought other products from him, not the one advertised in this thread, that were listed as in stock from his web site and after 7 months of not getting my item or a refund, I had to come here in this thread and every other thread he posted things for sale in and complain about getting shafted, to get him to take action.

You really should try to do business with someone first before defending his business practices so you have the benefit of experience to use to support your argument.

And before you say that I'm just a single unlucky customer, perhaps you should run a search on these forums for 8bitdomain and see that I am not anywhere near alone on this.

Edited by djpubba

OK, OK, OK.

I'm going to take my own advice, and now, you have shown me my true path.

In order to do my part, & help out, I am now officially assuming the title of 8BitDomain Technical Support & Customer Service Rep.

BEGIN ASSUMPTION:

http://www.illwillpress.com/tech42.html

END ASSUMPTION

Ahhhh, wow, I feel soooo revitalized by giving of myself to help others in the community, it's like, it's like, thinking globally, maaaaan.

ha.

As I had mentioned, don't buy things.... gawd, wouldn't you be happier playing with rock & sticks?

"This rock is defective. The sticks aren't falling from the trees fast enough."

Ok, guess not.

Maybe it's time that you look deep inside, and try to understand why you ordered multiple products?

Wow, this is great. I never realized my latent talent for technical support. Imagine, one day, I could consume 666 cups of instant coffeeeeee, and re-route ALL technical support lines for ALL products, from every company in the world, right to my home line.

Hmmmm, I could try this kinda Megalomania on for size... yes, fit's just right, do you have it in black?

Of course, in the interest of efficiency, I would have to automate it with a sample of Dennis Leary saying: "Hello, Tech Support, FOOKU, click.".

Yeeeeeees, then I could really ramp up production with all of the free time that that little time-saver would provide.

MU-HA-HA-HA!

Regrettably, I must now fully resign my post as 8BitDomain Technical Support & Customer Service, in order to put my nefarious plans into action. Thank you, and have a great day.

• 1 month later...
This is completely ridiculous. Where the hell is my item that I paid $150 in advance for? This guy is a f*cking bum.

You know what dude, just send me back my f*cking money...

Ok I'll do my best Impression of this seller for you :D

"Hey there dillweed. It takes time to make things and I had a gall stone removed and I was peeing blood and its only been 2 years! Why the hell are you guys so damn impatient. I mean another 2, 3 years and you will be enjoying this bad boy! Just think! Im saving you money because with the way the $ is declining in value, I would have to charge double for new orders! My Supplier has had issue too! He got divorced and then went to jail for selling crack to a undercover agent so dont whine to me about your petty issues!!! I will gladly refund anyone that wants a refund! Dammit! I mean it! Even if I yell and scream at you and made interest off your money this entire time! You people are all SOBs for asking me to hurry and comeplete this! How dare you! ARRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHH!" :roll: :P

Thats my skit. No Offense meant to any buyer. Ive just watched this mess for too long and its quite comical to watch you guys get taken by this crook. Comical in that he hasnt been arested yet, again, no offense to any buyer but you are all nuts to put up with this BS any longer! :roll: :x Cheers

Hi Guys

I could test the adapter on a modded 5200 of a friend.It works really fine.

I cannot wait to play 7800 games on my own 5200.But i must wait,until a friend finds time to modd my 5200.

I for myself am not able to do this.......

But this adapter is such a great work........

Thanks Mike.

Would be great to see other adapters soon......

Maybe a C 64 adapter?????Or Colecovision??????

Would also be great to see adapters for my absolute favourite system;the 7800.

greetings Walter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mike

I always knew,that you are very correct and it was worth the long waiting time.Your 7800 adapter is one of the best hardware,i have ever seen.Is such an adapter possible for the 7800??????Maybe a Colleco adapter or an Intellivision adapter?????

Let me always know,about your newest products.I do not care about a long waiting time.

Merry christmas to you and your family.

greetings Walter

Funniest thing about this thread? Is I see one person backing up this guy and his product.

Where is the rest of the Happy Customers? Did anyone else get theirs?

Hi Phantom

Seems,that i am the only one,until now.....

Maybe the other guys got their money back......

And as far as i know,Mitch is waiting.....

gretings Walter

Before I make my comments, i want to make it clear that i am not defending or backing anyone up

Now there seems to be two issues here, firstly the original post starting the whole thread and also the customer service aspect (which surpises me considering this is an american company etc)

Re: the first post

If the original poster had clearly stated within the body of their post that anyone who pays a depost or pays for their goods in advance (pro forma), they are doing so on the understanding that they will have to wait till the item(s) are ready and available (bearing in mind that this is a W I P project) and that the product is'nt yet ready or available

That way they could have avoided all (if not most) this nastiness and unneccessary bitchng in this thread

The Other issue bought up in this thread is the customer service aspect, which going by the thread/posts here has been on the whole badly to seriously neglected

As I was once told, speaking as someone that does sales (non retail) for a living a companies reputatation hangs on it's customer service and how it deliver on it's customer service policies (like i said previously, i'm surprised i am saying this since we are talking about an American company here)

And as everyone and his wife knows, the biggest part of customer service is that little thing called COMMUNICATION, without communication you effectively have zero customer service

And going by the thread and various posts within the thread, the 'communication' aspect of customer service seems to either be non evident or very rarely used/implemented and as everyone knows if you don't communicate with your customers/potential customers....is it not surprising that issues/problems like the subsquent posts in this thread are happening in the first place

Now i realise that the person(s) behind the orginal post starting this thread of is probably a one man band/sole trader etc...but that isn't an excuse for either bad customer service or non evident communication/customer communication

OK so you'll get swamped with lots of leads, remember those leads cost money (money that has already been spent) how about investing in a friend to help sort out the leads (i.e cutting them in on commision if that lead turns into a sale)

After all a lead is a lead, even if it's just enquiring about the colour or dimensions of the finished product/item, they might not buy now but might buy later or might know someone/others that might or will want one at some stage in the future

Not forgetting that any lead received is good refferal/marketing material...i.e that they might not be in the market for that product but they might be interested in another product line or know of others that will or might be interested

And going by the various posts here, it seems as though the original poster has been throwing decent leads away 'like confetti'...i wish i could do that with advertising sales, and simply because they didn't communicate properly to either potential or actual customers regarding this product (i.e the 5200 adaptor that lets you play 7800 software)

Perhaps if they'd communicated isses/problems or themselves better these subsequent posts would have been either unneccessary if not unwarrented

Finally in refference to the poster that suggested that the original poster should remove all products from their website, I think that was a little strong and unfair.....however there is a point that they are making, i.e the original poster should only be marketing/advertising or mentioning/promoting products/items that are ready and available in quantity on their website

I don't know about US laws, over here though if you advertise or market a product/item on a website that is either not ready or not available, that contravenes UK and EU advertisng laws as well as trades descriptions and sale of goods acts/laws (which also apply to services)

Just my tuppence worth, that is all (or 2 cents to you peeps)

So, this adapter thing is basically a modified 5200 vcs adapter, why wait till 8bit domain builds them in quantity, surely we have some other hardware hackers here that can go as good a job in a fraction of the time

Good thing though that 2 peeps have identified that the product exists though, that i guess is a start

So, this adapter thing is basically a modified 5200 vcs adapter, why wait till 8bit domain builds them in quantity, surely we have some other hardware hackers here that can go as good a job in a fraction of the time

Good thing though that 2 peeps have identified that the product exists though, that i guess is a start

No, it's a 7800 designed to fit into a 2600 adapter case and get it's power from the 5200 just like the 2600 adapter does.

Allan