IGNORED

"E.T. Return to Earth" Prototype

Atari Charles

Hi,

The prototype arrived safely and plays very much like the info I gace everyone on this thread and in the E.T. Book Cart. I am very happy with aquiring this. I just need to make more time where I can juggle everything including work, new baby, Atari endevours, so everything can get done.

Once the BIN file is taken from this cart, it will be sent to Atari Age for cart manufacture at a very very low price that is in line with what Atari Age charges now. There is not special board, no 32K Eprom, so cart manufacture should be relatively cheap.

I'll get some pics up and fill everyone in further. My days off are coming up so I hope to get a lot done. I need to get alot done in the Atari realm to forfill obligations I have already made, future releases, this Proto, the Gray Games site, and so on. I appreciate everyones patience on this.

Charles

• 2 weeks later...

Hi John,

No I managed to get ahold of one, but thanks to those who offered. Shawn Sr. was kind enough to offer me the use of his, but I already had borrowed one. Sorry for the delay but our new baby has been taking up quite a bit of time. The images of the proto cart will be posted soon as well as pics of the labels that are going to be on the distributed carts. No these aren't going to be carts only for Greedy Aliens but very veryaffordable as many as people want carts.

Stay tuned for pics of the prototype and label pics.

Charles

As there was no label that come with this proto, a very talented someone is making the labels for this release. These will be posted here in lower resolution once completed. As I have now finally dumped the cart, you'll be seeing a sneak peek screenshot coming soon.

I am getting everything ready to post so hopefully I can do one posting with all the info. This is as far as I can tell a sequel but a sequel done by a pirate company without Stephen Spielburgs or Atari's permission. There is the cart "E.T. Go Home" which features E.T. and is kind of a sequel but more of a spinoff. I believe this game E.T.: Return to Earth in an unauthorized, unendorsed, pirate sequel.

Please be patient. The wait will be worth it.

Edited by Atari Charles

As there was no label made as this was never released, a very talented label designer made two version of the labels and will be posting them here for you to see. I may set up a poll for people to vote for which label they would prefer and then go with the most popular label. Here is a sneak peek at one of the top labels and a small piece of a screenshot for the game to quench your reeces peices cravings.

post-4697-1185465205_thumb.jpg

post-4697-1185466869_thumb.png

Edited by Atari Charles

No, not a red herring. Let's just say E.T. does NOT get along well with other aliens.

Oh dont tell me, this is a cheap Taiwan hack of Space Invaders in which ET is the tank who has to defend the Earth from hostile invaders. Hell I even toyed with the idea of that myself some twenty odd years ago. Perhaps I should have copywrited it! ;)

ah come on dude, this has been going on long enough, deliver the goods already! Or is this some kind of a Shakespearean play or something? :yawn:

Cheers,

Marco

I agree, what a load of BS. If you got the thing dumped, you've been boasting about how you "just want it out for the community" and all the rest of that crap just be out with it. What the fuck is this 1/4 of a label and one sprite bullshit? I supose, it is still AtariChucky at the helm so I shouldn't have expected any better :roll: I'm just waiting for you to say you want to sell a shitload of carts to cover the cost of buying the proto before you let anyone have a binary of it and that the cheap cost of the carts is actually $93 dollars a pop.

You guys actually believe this? :ponder:

You know he is just hacking up some pirate and call it E.T., because it turns him on (probably the glowing finger), anyone dishing out big bucks for a proto would have posted a picture of the prototype cart itself. :lol: