IGNORED

"E.T. Return to Earth" Prototype

Atari Charles

Have you shown Tempest this Taiwan prototype?

I have not been contacted or shown anything, nor do I want to be. There's something fishy and misleading about this whole sorted affair and I don't want any part of it.

Tempest

Ok now I have heard this conformation from one of the most respected guys on here I am withdrawing any interest I had in this. Sorry Charles but you blew this big time ;)

If Atari Age decides to post the rom, then they can do this. I prefer they don't as I like the idea of people playing this on their Atari 2600's and not emulation, hence why I didn't post the file here.

Those with Cuttle Carts and Kroko carts can play .bins on a real 2600/7800...

Have you shown Tempest this Taiwan prototype?

I have not been contacted or shown anything, nor do I want to be. There's something fishy and misleading about this whole sorted affair and I don't want any part of it.

Tempest

I haven't contacted Tempest yet, nor did I ever claim I did. I simply wrote, "I never really thought to communicate with Tempest about this. It probably would be a good idea to show him."

There you have it. He doesn't want to see it and doesn't want any part of it.

So...When I am ready to show a few screenshots then I will. Atari Age will be getting the dumped rom and the good copies of the front and side labels. If Atari Age just puts it up in the Atari 2600 database, that is fine, but preferably this will be put into cart form for everyone to enjoy on their Atari 2600s.

I have a great copy of Knight Rider. Its an awesome game.

I'm not gonna post pix of it, nor will I release the rom. Yo'll just have to take my word for it.

It took a lot of Hard Work to get this!

AC, just send the ROM to me. I will handle it 100% confidential and just verify that it is real. That will take only a few minutes.

Since I won't buy the cart anyway, you can only win doing that.

I will trust Thomas's word on this. He is very good at determining what is a new game and what is a clone or hack of an existing game.

Tempest

AC, just send the ROM to me. I will handle it 100% confidential and just verify that it is real. That will take only a few minutes.

I will trust Thomas's word on this. He is very good at determining what is a new game and what is a clone or hack of an existing game.

Tempest

Right now the only entity getting the ROM is Atari Age. I have kept Al updated through the RTE endevour.

Tempest

Right now the only entity getting the ROM is Atari Age. I have kept Al updated through the RTE endevour.

Are these threads some sort of sick fetish that I'm unaware of? Whaddya, get sexual gratification from making up stories about E.T. on the internet?

I think you are obsessed with E.T. :woozy: :woozy: :woozy: :?

Tempest

And you don't think Al will have to show some of the forementioned others to confirm the game in many different manors? :ponder:

BTW how do you know the name of this game if there was no label on this cart?

Cheers,

Marco

I believe AC mentioned a sticker with handwriting on the cart saying E.T. Return to earth and that the start screen oddly enough said Save Elliott or something.

I´d really appreciate a picture of this cart now to be honest. I sincerely hope it isn´t a ridiculous prank planned all the way back before the Book cart was out we´re dealing with, because the way I see it, that would discredit the Book Cart tremendously also.

I´m keeping the faith here Charles, but I could sure do with a bit of help.

Edited by Palmer Eldritch

BTW how do you know the name of this game if there was no label on this cart?

Cheers,

Marco

I believe AC mentioned a sticker with handwriting on the cart saying E.T. Return to earth and that the start screen oddly enough said Save Elliott or something.

I´d really appreciate a picture of this cart now to be honest. I sincerely hope it isn´t a ridiculous prank planned all the way back before the Book cart was out we´re dealing with, because the way I see it, that would discredit the Book Cart tremendously also.

I´m keeping the faith here Charles, but I could sure do with a bit of help.

If that was the case, and I'm not saying it is, but if it was, that would mean Charles defrauded every single person who bought a copy of that cartridge as well as misled Al into selling it under false pretenses.

Charles, while I can totally appreciate that you would want people to play this on an actual Atari, I think you're going about this the wrong way. Your reluctance to have this game verified as authentic is starting to worry me as well. You see, if there is a game out there, whether it be a classic, an unreleased prototype, a homebrew or a hack, if it's a good game people will buy it. However, lying about it only gets people angry. Now, it's not unlikely at all that an E.T. game was programmed by a bootleg company, but you need to prove that the game is for real. If I bought a copy for even as little as $13 and found out later that it was a fake, I'd be pissed, no matter what the quality is. It doesn't matter if you're making money on this game or not. If it's a real prototype or a hack, I want to know before I send any money to anyone.

So I have an idea. If this is a real prototype (which I sincerely hope it is!) why don't you send the rom to Thomas Jentzsch AFTER you make your big announcement, but BEFORE you release the cartridge? That way you could have the satisfaction of unveiling this long lost game, and we'd have the satisfaction of knowing it's real. Thomas has offered to help you out of a bind, and I'm sure he wouldn't cheat you and release the rom without your consent. He's a respectable guy. What do you think?

Don't let me down, Charles! :)

The strangest thing about this whole deal is the fact that you are totally ignoring everyone's requests to see a pic of the actual cart. You are defending everything else shady that is going on, but you are totally ignoring this. You haven't even acknowledged that anyone has asked for a pic of the cart.

I can *almost* understand not wanting to release a rom or a screenshot, but what in the hell could it hurt to produce a pic a of the cart. Surely you aren't too cheap to rip the label off of a Combat to whip up a fake.

I have read everything in this entire thread. It has been a big sega discovering this cart(during my research to find spin-offs of E.T. such as E.T. Go Home(E.T. Go Come)), trying to finish up the E.T. Book Cart, working on other Atari projects, and doing what I think is best in getting this proto pirate cart released.

I am dealing with Al on this, although I have spoken with other people in the Atari 2600 hobby who know about RTE from beginning to end, whom I spoke with even before I contacted Al.

People may worry that this is some elaborate joke and they would be paying $13 for an RTE cart only to find out later that it was a big joke and be pissed that they paid for something that was misrepresented. It that was the case, which it isn't, before any sales were made, the nature of the RTE cart would be revealed, so those buying it would know that it was an elaborate joke. Of course, this is not the case. I am just speaking theoretically and to put those minds at ease who are worried they are going to buy something that isn't what it claims to be.

Obviously, this RTE cart in not an authorized Atari release with Spielberg's magic wand of approval. The is a proto and a pirate cart(see previous info I have given). It is not an authorized sequel, but it is really all we have got for a sequel to the game that brought down an industry.

As for spin-offs, I consider the "E.T. Go Home(E.T. Go Come)" cart and Neotokeo's "E.T. in MARS ATTACKS"(if it ever makes it to cart) in this category. As an E.T. fan, I'll have to get both at some point.

Again, I am in talks with Al about this cart. As I nor the label designer, nor anyone is taking a profit on this cart, it is my sincerest hope that Atari Age will be able to offer this cart within the $13 to $20 range so it is easily affordable to people who want it to play and for their collections.

I have read everything in this entire thread. It has been a big sega discovering this cart(during my research to find spin-offs of E.T. such as E.T. Go Home(E.T. Go Come)), trying to finish up the E.T. Book Cart, working on other Atari projects, and doing what I think is best in getting this proto pirate cart released.

I am dealing with Al on this, although I have spoken with other people in the Atari 2600 hobby who know about RTE from beginning to end, whom I spoke with even before I contacted Al.

People may worry that this is some elaborate joke and they would be paying $13 for an RTE cart only to find out later that it was a big joke and be pissed that they paid for something that was misrepresented. It that was the case, which it isn't, before any sales were made, the nature of the RTE cart would be revealed, so those buying it would know that it was an elaborate joke. Of course, this is not the case. I am just speaking theoretically and to put those minds at ease who are worried they are going to buy something that isn't what it claims to be.

Obviously, this RTE cart in not an authorized Atari release with Spielberg's magic wand of approval. The is a proto and a pirate cart(see previous info I have given). It is not an authorized sequel, but it is really all we have got for a sequel to the game that brought down an industry.

As for spin-offs, I consider the "E.T. Go Home(E.T. Go Come)" cart and Neotokeo's "E.T. in MARS ATTACKS"(if it ever makes it to cart) in this category. As an E.T. fan, I'll have to get both at some point.

Again, I am in talks with Al about this cart. As I nor the label designer, nor anyone is taking a profit on this cart, it is my sincerest hope that Atari Age will be able to offer this cart within the $13 to $20 range so it is easily affordable to people who want it to play and for their collections.

Ok, so what? You sound like a broken record here. It is just too bad you are stuck on a part that makes no sense. Once again you totally ignored the part about showing a picture of the cart. Why in the hell won't you at least provide a pic of the cart? It makes no sense. A couple of people here are giving you the benefit of the doubt, but pretty much everyone else thinks you are being shady... and rightfully so. At least showing a pic of the cart would go a long way in restoring some credibility to you in this whole debacle.

Ok, so what? You sound like a broken record here. It is just too bad you are stuck on a part that makes no sense. Once again you totally ignored the part about showing a picture of the cart. Why in the hell won't you at least provide a pic of the cart? It makes no sense. A couple of people here are giving you the benefit of the doubt, but pretty much everyone else thinks you are being shady... and rightfully so. At least showing a pic of the cart would go a long way in restoring some credibility to you in this whole debacle.

Or at the very least, if Albert could step in and clarify this situation...

Still, this is a pretty funny thread, for a casual observer like me. :)

Once again you totally ignored the part about showing a picture of the cart. Why in the hell won't you at least provide a pic of the cart?

Pick one of 3 choices:

1.) PCB has a mask ROM. Doh!

2.) There is no cart, it's another cheesy hack. Doh!

3.) The proto is real, but he can't get the "joy" stains off. Yuck!

:P

I can't believe this thread went on for the last 3 days I was gone and there is still no picture, yet there are all these replies. LOL

Just stop replying and let E.T.Charles talk to himself. ;)