IGNORED

Any word on another run of Beef Drop?

atomickneedrop

I PMed Kenfused awhile back and he said he's still thinking of doing a Pokeyless run. I hope he does. I'd snap one up real quick. I unfortunately missed the inital sale, because I was out of the scene for awhile and I haven't had a chance to buy one since.

More pokey ones are currently being assembled.

I want one. :)

Is it still $40?

BTW, I've played both versions on the actual hardware. There is a big difference in the sound, although the non Pokey version is still good.

Are there issues with the XBoarD?

Edited by shadow460

Is it still $40?

BTW, I've played both versions on the actual hardware. There is a big difference in the sound, although the non Pokey version is still good.

Actually, I think he was selling them 40 shipped which makes them about $36

If I remember correctly, if it detects an internal pokey, it will not enable the xboard one.

--Ken

Will they be numbered as before??

I will number them up to at least 99, maybe further. I think originally I planned on numbering 99, so I will need to update the ROM to go past 99. The hope is to have some available for the Midwest Gaming Classic, so I am churning them out this weekend so I can get them shipped out Monday.

Thanks,

--Ken

any chance of someone picking one up for me at the Midwest Gaming Classic,and posting to the UK, It is a bit far for me top travel :ponder:

Payment by Paypal or international money order

Thanks

Ready to place my order for a Pokey version. Can't wait. Anyone know if there are any compatibility issues with certain 7800 systems ala Pac-Man Collection?

As long as it's only like PacMan Collection I don't mind. I have to play something else for a few minutes first, but then it works. That I can deal with, as I always want to play something on the 7800 anyway.

Is it still $40?

Actually, I think he was selling them 40 shipped which makes them about $36

If I remember correctly, if it detects an internal pokey, it will not enable the xboard one.

--Ken

Cool. Hey, don't Oklahoma residents get 50% off? ;)

Will they be EXACTLY THE SAME as the first run?

Or more specificly, will there be any way to tell them apart, and will there be any advantages/disadvantages to either?

Yes they should be the same. The first run only ended because I ran out of supplies and time to build them.

• 2 weeks later...

For those of you who were waiting for the 7800 version of Beef Drop, I have added it back to the AtariAge Store. This is the numbered version that includes the POKEY chip (for better sound), and I doubt too many more of these are going to be made given the limited availability of carts with POKEYs to sacrifice for this purpose. You can find it in the store here:

AtariAge Store: Beef Drop 7800

..Al

For those of you who were waiting for the 7800 version of Beef Drop, I have added it back to the AtariAge Store. This is the numbered version that includes the POKEY chip (for better sound), and I doubt too many more of these are going to be made given the limited availability of carts with POKEYs to sacrifice for this purpose. You can find it in the store here:

AtariAge Store: Beef Drop 7800

..Al

Damn cool, I ordered right now... santa simon would also interest me :)