IGNORED

Any word on another run of Beef Drop?

atomickneedrop

ARGGGHH! Just when I'm broke.

Oh don't worry, I just ordered one. Let's just say my fiancee is now owed many, many foot rubs and shopping trips where I hold her purse while she tries stuff on. Also I owe her the money I guess.

For those of you who were waiting for the 7800 version of Beef Drop, I have added it back to the AtariAge Store. This is the numbered version that includes the POKEY chip (for better sound), and I doubt too many more of these are going to be made given the limited availability of carts with POKEYs to sacrifice for this purpose. You can find it in the store here:

AtariAge Store: Beef Drop 7800

..Al

Damn cool, I ordered right now... santa simon would also interest me :)

Santa Simon was a holiday only special edition cart. I don't think you'll se it in the store again any time soon.

Atarifever,BeefDrop for the 7800 is well worth rubbing your fiancee's feet and holding her purse while she shops.

Heck,she might even want to play it when she finds out how much fun it is. :)

I think she would like this game actually. She watched me play so much Galaga she gave it some time herself, and I think Beef Drop has a cuteness to it she'd find much more appealing than Galaga.

I hope they last until Friday at least...

As of right now there are nine copies available. They are going at a pretty brisk pace..

..Al

If I can't get hold of one, I'll either buy one used or wait until more are built. It may not be right away, but I'm sure more will be built at some point in the future.

Does this version include a pokey or not? I was really only interested in the version of Beef Drop with the Pokey. It is made so we can add the pokey if need be?

Just curious as I really don't have the funds for this right now, but that is why Mistress Visa exists sometimes.

Hey, I brain farted when I placed the order, and I didn't write down the address where I'm supposed to send the money order.

Isn't it the same as the "Contact Us" address?

It should be in the order confirmation email, but here is is:

AtariAge

383 Broadway

Lorain, OH 44052-1631

..Al

Well...I remember testing the builds of this with TIA only. And I couldnt' stand the off key notes that it would play. It was still better than what Mattel put out originally sound wise, but still. I would rather it have a Pokey in it, or could be sold without the pokey and be made so you could add one in later. Course, then the label would have to get hosed up somehow...just can't win.

Well...I remember testing the builds of this with TIA only. And I couldnt' stand the off key notes that it would play. It was still better than what Mattel put out originally sound wise, but still. I would rather it have a Pokey in it, or could be sold without the pokey and be made so you could add one in later. Course, then the label would have to get hosed up somehow...just can't win.

The boards are ballblazer boards with ROM removed and replaced. Creating an add-your-own-pokey cart would require creating a new pcb, since removing the pokey from the existing boards is more work then removing the ROMS. New Ballblazer carts are also cheaper usually than pokey chips.

If a TIA version were released, I would probably want a different label or something to distinguish it from pokey carts since otherwise it would be hard to tell without plugging it in. Maybe a VE value edition or something. It would probably only be around $5 or so cheaper.

--Ken

XBoarD is your friend.