IGNORED

isellgames4u auctions

ianoid

I will, I will.

Do me a favor and unfold the Mr.Do's Castle insert and look at the back. :ponder:

What a bummer... you got me all excited. I was expecting to see Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket or something :)

On mine anyway, it wasn't too exciting... the back of the insert looks just like the front... an all white cardboard insert. The back side was a little whiter than the front? Doubt that's what you were looking for though...

Here's my backside... ;)

post-12554-1184302111_thumb.jpg

I will, I will.

Do me a favor and unfold the Mr.Do's Castle insert and look at the back. :ponder:

What a bummer... you got me all excited. I was expecting to see Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket or something :)

On mine anyway, it wasn't too exciting... the back of the insert looks just like the front... an all white cardboard insert. The back side was a little whiter than the front? Doubt that's what you were looking for though...

Here's my backside... ;)

post-12554-1184302111_thumb.jpg

I just checked all 5 games I have with the all white inserts... same story on all... inserts are all white front and back just like the previous picture:

Montezuma's Revenge

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Sky Skipper

Tutankham

Also of interest... two of those (Sky Skipper and Tutankham) I purchased shrinkwrapped new, and the inserts for those two look exactly like the other three.

CPUWIZ: He stated in the auction description that it comes with the manual, CIB. Another bidder asked if it was NTSC. The actual insert I could care less about, it's the box that everyone wants, and the reason why I wanted it as well.

There is no PAL Mr. Do's Castle. ;)

Without the real insert, it's not CIB and you can't just use one from Frogger. :P

It's just the molded plastic one anyway, so what's the big deal? :?

AFAIK, it's cardboard and it has the title of the game printed on it. It's been a long time since I looked at mine and it's sealed now.

Was that video of you opening the prized red Lochjaw a factory seal or a CPUWIZ seal?....arh arh arh(seal noises)....come on throw me a fish. :cool:

I thought people got the joke, there is no such thing as a red Lochjaw. :ponder:

Man, I must be new here. :D :

Cool, now I don't have to rip mine open and re-seal it again. :D

Yeah, you still need to rip it open to see if yours is correct! :twisted:

I agree the 5th ghost. CPUWIZ, you still need to rip into it and see what you've got.

I went through my Parker Brothers games tonight and found the following... Sounds like mine may be a bit more accessible :)

I had four different types of inserts just in my collection alone. Now maybe there was some mixing and matching going on by sellers who sold me these games... I don't know. But this is just one data point for the discussion.

Type 1. Cardboard insert with game name printed on it (eg. Exhibit A)

post-12554-1184298147_thumb.jpg

There were 9 games like this:

Action Force

Amidar

Frogger

G.I. Joe: Cobra Strike

Reactor

Spiderman

Star Wars: Jedi Arena

Star Wars: TESB

Strawberry Shortcake

Type 2. Cardboard insert with no game name printed on it (eg. Exhibit B)

post-12554-1184298236_thumb.jpg

There were 5 games like this:

Montezuma's Revenge

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Sky Skipper

Tutankham

Type 3. Plastic insert with no game name printed on it (eg. Exhibit C)

post-12554-1184298463_thumb.jpg

There was only 1 game like this:

James Bond 007

Type 4. No insert because game box is just one piece unlike the two-piece boxes in Types 1-3 above

post-12554-1184298612_thumb.jpg

There were 7 games like this:

Frogger II: Threedeep!

Gyruss

Popeye

Q*bert

Star Wars: ROTJ: DSB

Star Wars: TAG

Super Cobra

Thanks for the pix!

Don't forget that Star Wars ROTJ: DSB, and Popeye also come in the two piece box. ;)

My Popeye has the plain cardboard insert, ROTJ has the plain plastic one. I've also had a sealed Strawberry Shortcake with the plain plastic one. And also, there's the Frogger insert with black printing instead of green.

post-2095-1184372296_thumb.jpg

Interesting to see the variations here. All the C64 PB games came in the two piece box with plastic cart holder. Except Star Wars, that's a one piece job. The only two piece versions of that I've seen have been the Canadian releases.

Are there any variations between the US and Canadian 2600 releases here?

I agree the 5th ghost. CPUWIZ, you still need to rip into it and see what you've got.

I went through my Parker Brothers games tonight and found the following... Sounds like mine may be a bit more accessible :)

I had four different types of inserts just in my collection alone. Now maybe there was some mixing and matching going on by sellers who sold me these games... I don't know. But this is just one data point for the discussion.

Action Force

Amidar

Frogger

Reactor

Spiderman

Strawberry Shortcake

Montezuma's Revenge

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Sky Skipper

Tutankham

James Bond 007

Type 4. No insert because game box is just one piece unlike the two-piece boxes in Types 1-3 above

Gyruss

Popeye

Q*bert

Super Cobra

Thanks for the pix!

Don't forget that Star Wars ROTJ: DSB, and Popeye also come in the two piece box. ;)

My Popeye has the plain cardboard insert, ROTJ has the plain plastic one. I've also had a sealed Strawberry Shortcake with the plain plastic one. And also, there's the Frogger insert with black printing instead of green.

Star Wars The Arcade Game has a two piece version as well.

I have had a 100% positive feedback till I made a deal with isellgames4u! I transfered 82.00$.

He gave me a negative feedback as well and said that he sent out two copies of sealed gremlins :x

Wow, he is a modern pirate with very very bad manners!

I bid on these auctions from isellgames4u, and am about to send him $200.

If he has not delivered what he claimed to have, then why does he have a feedback score of 3344 at 100%??? Where are the negatives?

He also has a 4-and-half star rating on the details (only 77 transactions, but hey this is new).

I do not feel too worried about my first non-paypal payment, but if I had read this thread first I probably would not have bid. :ponder:

isellgames4u auctions

I am pretty amazed at the prices this guy has gotten. I am tempted to run some big sets of auctions like this. His descriptions are abysmally poor. "Atari game with Road Runner $10 shipping Money Order only". I could just list the title and make no comment about provenance, format, condition or anything. That sounds easy enough.

What is with the $500+ Puzzy games? The $256 X-man (no comment about format). Even the Bomb games are an overpriced risk. If they are NTSC, great, but I would place no bets. $190 for a China pirate multicart? More than $200 for JerryG/Best prototypes? I'll have to list my spares. In trade I bet I'd get $75. At CGE, maybe $125. On eBay, sky's the limit. And Mr. Do's Castle boxed for over $500? That's 10x the loose cost (not that I look at it as a $50 cart, I think it's undervalued at that price, but it actually sells for around tthat.)

The PUZZY games in my opinion are the two most under rated NTSC games there are, yes even rarer then the NTSC BOMB games. This is the first time I have ever seen CIB Puzzy games for sale and I thought they would pull 1k a piece in my opinion but like I said, they are under rated as far as rarity.....very very hard to find games. Now there PAL equals that are made by Bit Corp are super commons.

both Puzzy games (boxed) went for about £50 each last November on ebay.co.uk, just as I was starting my collection, but I was too scared to bid. :( doh!

I bid on these auctions from isellgames4u, and am about to send him $200.

If he has not delivered what he claimed to have, then why does he have a feedback score of 3344 at 100%??? Where are the negatives?

He also has a 4-and-half star rating on the details (only 77 transactions, but hey this is new).

I do not feel too worried about my first non-paypal payment, but if I had read this thread first I probably would not have bid. :ponder:

I took a chance and bought a game, and it's only been 1 week since I sent payment, so I'm not too concerned at this point, although I am wary and for that reason I only bought the one game.

P.S. How are things in Wales? It's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited. I had to take down my Welsh flag the other week to make room for my TRON poster.

I won the Atari Track & Field CIB and I saw that he does not take paypal so I sent him 2 messages asking what kind of money order his bank takes, "I had one person from Canada say that his bank only takes money order from the US post office", he never responded and after reading some of your posts I think I might just take a negative instead of loosing $275.00, what do you guys think?

:ponder: :ponder: :?:

I took a chance and bought a game, and it's only been 1 week since I sent payment, so I'm not too concerned at this point, although I am wary and for that reason I only bought the one game.

I set up the Western Union money transfer online (ohmygodhowmuchcommission? :x ) and then had to call it in to verify that I wanted to send the cash (I pay them around 15%, give them my telephone number, and then I have to call them - you would think they could afford the call! ;) ). After all that, the rep then really advised me not to send the cash. I mean 'really, strongly, adamantly' advised me not to send the cash. I emailed isellgames4u to ask why Western Union would do this. That was 3 days ago, and no reply yet. :ponder:

P.S. How are things in Wales? It's one of the most beautiful countries I've ever visited. I had to take down my Welsh flag the other week to make room for my TRON poster.

Wales is beautiful as ever, it's just a shame about that lump of crap sticking out from the side of it. You know, England :D (ow!, sorry honey). Actually we live in Germany (Army), but only for 10 more days and then I am posted to Cambridge, which despite being in England is very nice (ow!). Shame on you for removing your flag, especially in favour of a TRON poster. I was sad to remove mine from the office this week, :( but it will be flying strong in Cambridge.

I won the Atari Track & Field CIB and I saw that he does not take paypal so I sent him 2 messages asking what kind of money order his bank takes, "I had one person from Canada say that his bank only takes money order from the US post office", he never responded and after reading some of your posts I think I might just take a negative instead of loosing $275.00, what do you guys think?

:ponder: :ponder: :?:

It will be my first negative if I do, but like you I feel that's a small price to pay compared to $200. For all of PayPal's faults (yes I have read the complete thread), at least I would get some protection.

Damn I want those games! :D

He's just slow and not responsive, and I have sent him high dollar Money Orders in the past before PayPal even existed without problem. Just expect to wait awhile for your stuff. Mayhem stated he got his game 6 weeks later.

He stopped taking PayPal because of this problem, people ready to file claims left and right no matter what. PayPal offers YOU all protection, but believe me, as was stated by Curt Vendel before, PayPal can do NOTHING to prevent the buyer from filing chargebacks regardless of whether or not there was tracking to confirmed addresses, etc.

He's got 3000+ feedback, and his only issue was that he has been very slow, but everyone got their packages, and he's being chastised like he's a scammer for some reason on this thread.

He's just slow and not responsive, and I have sent him high dollar Money Orders in the past before PayPal even existed without problem. Just expect to wait awhile for your stuff. Mayhem stated he got his game 6 weeks later.

He stopped taking PayPal because of this problem, people ready to file claims left and right no matter what. PayPal offers YOU all protection, but believe me, as was stated by Curt Vendel before, PayPal can do NOTHING to prevent the buyer from filing chargebacks regardless of whether or not there was tracking to confirmed addresses, etc.

He's got 3000+ feedback, and his only issue was that he has been very slow, but everyone got their packages, and he's being chastised like he's a scammer for some reason on this thread.

The problem with this medium is that emotion is lost in electronic translation. There is no malice intended, its just idle banter, which can as you pointed out unfortunately lead to chastisement. Neil (isellgames4u) does has fantastic feedback, and that is why I had no qualms about bidding. He has emailed me a few times, and his patience with regard me paying has been saintly.

Why do we become antsy about a dealer who refuses to use PayPal? I am quick to admit my guilt in suspecting that if a seller only allows me to pay in a manner that affords me no protection, then he must be a naughty boy. I have no reason to believe this is the case here, but as ataripitbull mentioned it sets alarms bells ringing. If anyone is reading this and thinking that PayPal is the be-all-and-end-all then check the thread regarding the horror stories. There are some 3rd degree burns in there... :(

Thanks for your reassurance regarding Neil, he has a good friend in you. And damn, I want those games! :D

I'm still waiting for Mr. Do's Castle, but I know Neil is a good guy. He's always come through albeit slow.

It's funny how most of the people on the internet forget how ebay used to run without PayPal. I used to deposit tons and tons of money orders each week. Everything was built on trust. Now it's built on scams these days. As convenient as PayPal is, I would rather go back to BidPay and Money Orders to be honest.

Like I also said I got my items. I mailed an Internations postal money order. He has great feedback but he was super slow and never returned emails. I think it all the extra work a buyer has to do to use a money order that sucks and extra cost and time. We are all so busy. In the middle 90's when I was spending alot I used to only use money orders and I would do a few hundred a week and I think I was only burned 1 time for $100 or so. You can always send a money order priority mail with tracking to help protect yourself.

Action Force

Amidar

Frogger

Reactor

Spiderman

Strawberry Shortcake

Montezuma's Revenge

Mr. Do's Castle

Q*bert's Qubes

Sky Skipper

Tutankham

James Bond 007

Gyruss

Popeye

Q*bert

Super Cobra

Thanks for the pix!

Tutankham also exists in both the one piece & two piece box designs.

Star Wars TAG & Gyruss both exist in two piece box designs in the English/French Canadian boxes. So both one piece & two piece exist for those as well.

I was into paypal before it was paypal. Back when it was X.com

Yeah, I would be happy to use another service. I should see about Google, but I couldn't really figure it out at casual glance, so I'd bet that more people will be less interested than so-called easy paypal.

This seller makes me suspicious, but amazingly he has some upright recommendations and 100% positive feedback, so apparently you have to be ready to accept bad service to be happy. I can handle that better than most. Is this guy a long time collector or just a really lucky dealer? Anyone know his background? DreamTR, you seem to have known him forever...

ian

I was into paypal before it was paypal. Back when it was X.com

Yeah, I would be happy to use another service. I should see about Google, but I couldn't really figure it out at casual glance, so I'd bet that more people will be less interested than so-called easy paypal.

This seller makes me suspicious, but amazingly he has some upright recommendations and 100% positive feedback, so apparently you have to be ready to accept bad service to be happy. I can handle that better than most. Is this guy a long time collector or just a really lucky dealer? Anyone know his background? DreamTR, you seem to have known him forever...

ian

Hey Ian, as far as I know he is a collector/reseller when needed. He used to not sell on eBay for the longest time, only met the guy through newsgroups, but he's has the same address in Edmonton for a LONG time, and he even had a Super Copa boxed SNES NTSC game on eBay that I needed, just don't want to pay $500 for it. He sold me a Top Guy back in the late 90s, and those things are devilishly hard to find. I think he's got a pretty large collection, and he's very, very old school as you can tell from what he sells.

And...I received my boxed Mr. Do's Castle today for 2600 that I won on eBay from him. Another perfect transaction as always from Neil. I completely recommend the guy if you live in the states or Canada.

I just got my CIB Espial and CIB James Bond from him. The items were packaged well in a good box, were both NTSC, and worked perfect. I would buy from him again. I only like PayPal because it is so quick and easy to do, but I understand the problems and complaints with it as well. At any rate this seller/reseller seems to be a good one. :)

Sorry to say, but he gets no glowing praise and approval from me.

I won the CIB Boing! and CIB Indy 500 11 with large box.

Boing! - cartridge has no label and is PAL. I even asked about the label's condition and was told that it was fine. :thumbsdown:

Indy 500 - large outer box has a tear going up the left side of the front, which was conveniently cropped out of the auction photo. Right side of box has heavy surface wear, conveniently covered by small Indy 500 box in auction photo. top of box torn along preforated line where the hang flap is, which he failed to mention. :thumbsdown:

Pretty slick if you ask me. The label-less Boing cart is inexcusable. I'm waiting for a reply from him.

I wasn't even impressed with his packing. He used newspaper which does little to protect anything, and the box arrived crushed, which luckily didn't appear to damage the Boing box, which was in rough shape anyway.