IGNORED

CCAG Show Cleveland Ohio

slosu

Heh, I talked to you briefly, I think. I was the guy ridiculously tall guy in green holding the 3 Count Bout Marquee, you were the one with the Garou MVS in a Shockbox.

Hey that was me who sold you the marquee !

Comes directly from the art department.

Fuck. I suspected that might have been you (after the fact, of course). Too much cool stuff. The Strider art made me suspect it. Not too many people speak about buying out an art department. Gack, and you mentioned that some of the marquees had differences. Grumble. Thanks for the marquee, btw. I love the older cornier Neo games...hilarious art. It'll go nicely with my 3 count bout cart.

I meant to hunt you down and take advantage of the offer that you put out in this: http://www.digitpress.com/forum/showthread...1533&page=4 thread. Twould have been nice to see some unreleased protos playing...but then again, you looked busy...and there were no TVs around.

...also...finding people you don't really know is hard...Walking around screaming out someone's internet forum handle isn't exactly classy. And I'll also admit that I totally forgot about seeking you out at all. When you don't know exactly who you you want to meet, it's kinda hard to remember. Would have been nice to talk shop with someone who is more into the obscure (esecially someone who, unlike myself, has the money to get extra fancy stuff).

Really surprised that you didn't get any interest in your protos. Protos are games before they are games. You get a glimpse into how a game might have been different and how it got to its complete form. Seems like everyone who likes games should have a pretty big interest in them. Sigh. Back to oogling on ASSEMbler.

If you happen to decide to bring em out again...uh...I'll be there.

Yeah you would have been the first to ask to play it. Wish you would have. If anyone asked I was going to have Matt and Mike set it up in the back room.

Well there is a show in the fall if you want to see something just let me know and I'll see if I can bring it.

Yeah you would have been the first to ask to play it. Wish you would have. If anyone asked I was going to have Matt and Mike set it up in the back room.

Well there is a show in the fall if you want to see something just let me know and I'll see if I can bring it.

Oct 24? I might actually be able to swing that. Middle of semester, no exams.

Maybe I'll see about getting a table of my own. I don't really have anything to sell (meh, maybe I could come up with some dupe consoles to sell) but I think it might be fun to just set up a display table with some more interesting/obscure things for play. Supergun, Neo Geo, PC Engine, Duo, CD32, dig up my A'Can. Let people see some things that they haven't seen before.

Maybe I'll see about getting a table of my own. I don't really have anything to sell (meh, maybe I could come up with some dupe consoles to sell) but I think it might be fun to just set up a display table with some more interesting/obscure things for play. Supergun, Neo Geo, PC Engine, Duo, CD32, dig up my A'Can. Let people see some things that they haven't seen before.

Well if you want to set up a table with unreleased games to play just let me know ! Hell I'll even pay for the table if you will sit there and make sure they don't walk away.

Edited by Buyatari

Well if you want to set up a table with unreleased games to play just let me know ! Hell I'll even pay for the table if you will sit there and make sure they don't walk away.

I wonder if I can get off work I gotta bunch too. Got any info on the show?

I wonder if I can get off work I gotta bunch too. Got any info on the show?

Don't really know much about the next show. In the other CCAG thread, it says the next one is on Oct, 24, so that's what I'm going by.

I'd definitely be up for showing off some obscurities, be they unreleased games or rare consoles or whatever. Seems like a couple of TVs (I have one or two small ones around) and the proper consoles would be all we'd need. (No worries there, I've got the common consoles in spades). Sounds like a fun time.

I can't currently forsee any reason as to why I couldn't go on Oct 24, so I should be able to go. Seems like the only thing that could keep me away would be a hugely important school thing (comes first, if I can't plan around it) or work (which I can usually get off).

i went up looking to fill in my gaps of common atari carts and harder to find sega games

but i really didnt find a whole lot on those fronts

so instead i stocked up on atari 8-bit, commodore 64, vic 20, and TI99 carts

i scored over 2 million on the NES campus challenge cart, but the winning score had 2.4 million. the winner won the cart, and i really want that reproduction

i ended up winning the sonic tournament, but my that was mainly due to a lack of participants. my time of 34 seconds wasnt that great. but i won a King of Kong movie posted signed by Steve Weibe and a CCAG poster signed by Billy Mitchell as well special edition bottle of hot sauce. I think i may have to frame the two poster together, forever commemorating their rivalry.

I posted this in the other thread, but this seems to be the active one...

I had a great time yesterday. I picked up a ton of Lynx, Atari 8-bit, and Vic-20 stuff for my collection (boxed stuff mostly). I finally got my hands on Date Stones of Ryn for the Atari 8-bit and Sword of Fargaol for the Vic-20 (boxed and complete!). The prices there were amazing, $2-$5 for boxed stuff that goes for $10-$15 on ebay (try and buy a boxed Epyx game for lower than that). I even got some IBM Atarisoft titles. icon_smile.gif

Sorry if I missed seeing anybody, but Mike and I left around 4:00. If I stayed any longer I was going to snap up all of Pitfall Harry's C-64 stuff. :)

Doubledown beat me to a $4 TRS-80 Hard Drive. Those things are literally the size of a mid-80's computer. I've never seen a hard drive that big.

Tempest

Any body Win these and want to sell them to me. Everyone knows I paypal ASAP . Would love to put them up in the ole Game Room. Thanks HHW

King of Kong movie posted signed by Steve Weibe and a CCAG poster signed by Billy Mitchell as well special edition bottle of hot sauce.

Back from CCAG! Only stayed 4hrs.

Picked up abunch of cool stuff REALLY cheap...got some deals, but never saw anybody from AA (Again).

I was the guy with the Black hat and bright blue button up Megatron Shirt with some Jap text on it..with the really hot chick with the Atari Jaguar holographic necklace everyone kept asking about. :ponder: I think they were looking at other things tho..Not everone has a Jaguar fetish like me!

Got some sega stuff, some unused Atari 7800 boxes.

Here is the worst part of the show for me.

Only 3 Jaguar Items..Yes only 3!

A loose Cybermorph, 1 boxed 3 button controller, 1 teamtap

Thats all! :x

Same with US TG16 stuff.

only 3-4 items

3 of those were controllers 1 game.

The arcade had Tempest and Frontline tho, but a smaller selection of games from last year.

Didnt see any homebrews..

A good amount of boxed/sealed NES stuff.

LOTS of Arcade Marqees

Lots of NES controllers of all shapes and forms.

Are boxed Genesis games becomming a rarity?

Almost no Sega CD games.

Very Few..under 30 or so Staurn Games, and more than half of that was a part of a set of commons.

No Neo Geo AES/MVS

No Amiga stuff..pooo!

Lots of GB/SGB/DS

A decent amout of loose 2600 games saw a few R5s

Lots of Boxed 7800...most likely got them from the secret underground stash wholesale vault....nothing hard to find tho.

Afew cases of brand new Vectrex games.

Next to zero of the Dreamcast Stuff...I saw maybe 2 systems and 15 games

A few Saturn System..1 really nice Boxed Net Edition Set

Quite afew 32X system 2 boxed. Dont know if all had the cables and such, but the one I got was boxed/complete with all goodies and baggies! ;)

2 loose Tron controllers I really wanted..@ $40 I was too affraid to buy them since I couldnt test them! But I still want them! :(

A decent amount of classic systems (2600s Intellis).

Aton of NES,PS1,Genesis 3 and blue game gear systems.

Saw afew ppl from DigitalPress..Talked to afew venders...

My biggest grip was the guessing on the price of stuff! Not much was marked with most venders. If you asked four defferent times on a price of say...Toe Jam & Earl for genesis, you would get 4 different prices from the same guy. Anywhere from $8-$25 from the same table..but some did have the stuff marked. Just not the stuff I wanted.

Didnt get the chance to drink or eat this year, but it smelled good!

Still a fun show.

It was Hot in there...needs AC. Or free deodorant at the door!

OK, this "didn't see anyone from "atariage" is crazy talk. Adam, Mike G., Tempest, and Myself were all there. You should wear a name tag or just ask the vendors who they are. The vendors that attend this show are pretty much the same bunch every year plus or minus a couple. There were at least 5 people I saw there from atariage.

I also had 6 MVS titles. And what were you expecting? MVS junk is really more arcade parts than video games that are found at a retro game show.

Please don't post, "I didn't like this show because xxxxx system or games weren't there." It trivializes the hard work and tons of hours of work that many people DONATE to make this show possible.

I change my prices as the show goes on always making them cheaper. You are sounding like a baby bitching about people lowering prices. If I have 4 people ask about an item, I usually make every additional offer $1 or $2 cheaper.

I had some ass switch one of my price stickers on a game on my table so I think I'm pulling ALL the prices off my games and going back to the way I used to do things.

I also had 6 MVS titles. And what were you expecting? MVS junk is really more arcade parts than video games that are found at a retro game show.

Please don't post, "I didn't like this show because xxxxx system or games weren't there." It trivializes the hard work and tons of hours of work that many people DONATE to make this show possible.

I change my prices as the show goes on always making them cheaper. You are sounding like a baby bitching about people lowering prices. If I have 4 people ask about an item, I usually make every additional offer $1 or $2 cheaper.

I had some ass switch one of my price stickers on a game on my table so I think I'm pulling ALL the prices off my games and going back to the way I used to do things.

I didn't see Nooner being an ass. He told his opinon and Said he bought some stuff and had a good time.. . :)

Edited by hhwolfman

Yup, he shared his opinion with us! Should be allowed, shouldn´t it????

The sharing of personal opinions is not allowed on AtariAge. Please see rule 7 sub-section 15 of the AtariAge code more details.

Tempest

i think i was there 20 minutes. too much damn Nintendo.

Yep.

I stayed for awhile though. I was able to scour the garbage boxes for a few good deals while my kids were in the arcade room playing Tempest and Frontline.

post-6326-1243344340_thumb.jpg

Truthfully, I was a little disapointed, but we still had fun.

(don't know why a double photo posted. Can't seem to delete the second one.)

post-6326-1243344255_thumb.jpg

Edited by Recycled

I brought Nintendo Nintendo Nintendo because in the past that is ALL people asked for. My "weird" stuff didn't sell well in the past. This year people asked for the obscure. So I guess I'll bring some next year. The vendors I spoke to all said the same thing.

If there is something you want ASK for it at the show. Chances are if you ask everyone you will see some next show and as long as you keep asking and keep buying they will bring it.

I witnessed this event. Was it the guy you were talking to about it? He was like "duh."

Yes, this is something to think about. At least for me.

And what were you expecting? MVS junk is really more arcade parts than video games that are found at a retro game show.

I don't think it is wrong of someone to express disappointment over there not being much in the way of arcade stuff at a video game show.

I think it is a tad crazy to say that arcade games shouldn't be found at a retro game show. Arcade games are intrinsically tied to older video game consoles. Where would home consoles be without arcade ports? I think the tie between arcade games and older games on consoles in general was pretty evident at the CCAG show. Amongst the games there there were hundreds if not thousands of arcade ports. On top of that, there were 5 actual upright machines there...and I'm sure the CCAG people would have been thrilled to have more...(it's just a matter of convincing people to lug them down there [which you wouldn't catch me doing to freely]).

Arcade collecting is a niche though. Fewer people have the money, time, technical skills, space or desire to go out and hunt down the original hardware, so naturally you're going to see fewer people buying and selling it. The fact that arcade stuff is less common doesn't help, too. Still, it is clearly a big part of classic gaming and I can't blame anyone for wanting to see more of it. In fact, seeing rarer, more obscure things is one of the reasons I came to the CCAG show. I can go to a video game store anywhere and see piles of NES, 2600 and games for other common systems for sale. When a large group of gamers come together I expect to be able to see less common things that I've never experienced before.

And after saying that, I feel the slight need to back off of my slight disappointment expressed earlier in this thread. Though my personal interests tend to skew more towards arcade games and weird consoles, I did see some interesting things that I don't normally come accross. I saw an Apple II playing something other than Number Munchers (ah, elementary school memories), I got to play some arcade games that I've never played before (Frontline is much better in the arcade), saw some cool game art (That Strider art was really really neat, buyatari), and I even got to test my desire to buy a Commodore 64 (by briefly trying a Commodore 128), and saw a supercharger working for the first time.

After looking at the things that I really enjoyed about the show, I realize that I seem to enjoy the spectacle aspect of it more than the swap meet. It's easy to buy games. I can go on eBay and buy pretty much anything that was available for sale at the show...but the vast majority of the fun for me was seeing and using new and interesting hardware.

But I'm still disappointed by not seeing the things I really enjoy on display there. So, on that, note, I think I'll have to either put up or shut up. If I'm able to make it to the next show (I'll know what my schedule looks like at the end of the summer), I'll buy a table, bring some of my favorite goofy pieces of video game shit and see if it gets any interest, sparks any conversation, or prompts other people to bring similar items in the future. Somebody has to bring items to the show that I want to see if I'm going to see them, so why not me?

Summation for those who don't want to read my unintentionally long rant...

I don't think it is wrong to be disappointed by not seeing the sort of things you want to see at a video game show, but an excellent solution to that problem is to bring it yourself and make the show more of what you want it to be. The people who organize it bring what they like and know, but I don't think they'd be offended at all if you brought something different.

Note: MattG/Snyper, I apologize if the first half of this comment seems a little nasty to your position, but in the end I think I'm somewhat inclined to agree with your point.

Edited by Blur2040

OK, this "didn't see anyone from "atariage" is crazy talk. Adam, Mike G., Tempest, and Myself were all there. You should wear a name tag or just ask the vendors who they are. The vendors that attend this show are pretty much the same bunch every year plus or minus a couple. There were at least 5 people I saw there from atariage.

I was there from 2 to 4 p.m. and didn't see anyone from AA. Name tag's for the next show is a must!

You can read into my post any way you like, I wasnt attacking at all. If you think I was...you dont know me! ;)

I just posted what I saw! The show was not bad at all..in fact it was better than last year. And no Im not trying to say "I want to see 50-60 AES/MVS title or anything like that. But you seem to have ignored the other things I mentioned.

Lets just pull from my negatives. Since thats what you wnna see anyhow.

And these are way more common than the MVS stuff....If not Im a Millionaire

Only 3 Jaguar Items..Yes only 3!

A loose Cybermorph, 1 boxed 3 button controller, 1 teamtap

Thats all!

Same with US TG16 stuff.

only 3-4 items

3 of those were controllers 1 game.

The arcade had Tempest and Frontline tho, but a smaller selection of games from last year.

Didnt see any homebrews..

Are boxed Genesis games becomming a rarity?

Almost no Sega CD games.

Very Few..under 30 or so Staurn Games, and more than half of that was a part of a set of commons.

No Neo Geo AES/MVS

No Amiga stuff..pooo!

Next to zero of the Dreamcast Stuff...I saw maybe 2 systems and 15 games

And not to put Blur 2040 on the spot but he hit dead on with his comment.

"Still, it is clearly a big part of classic gaming and I can't blame anyone for wanting to see more of it. In fact, seeing rarer, more obscure things is one of the reasons I came to the CCAG show. I can go to a video game store anywhere and see piles of NES, 2600 and games for other common systems for sale. When a large group of gamers come together I expect to be able to see less common things that I've never experienced before. "

Its not like I didnt enjoy the show or didnt buy anything, and as I said it was better than last years on many levels.

Oh yeah before I forget my price bitch was about prices going up at the show with one particular vender not down, I guess its who asked cuz on the same lot of 5-6 games that I got qouted for the 1st time "lets say $45....40" then an hour later minus 1 game "ummm I dunno...$45 this one is hard to find I pretty sure" then 20min later my girlfriend goes to pick them up with another $2 common still minus the 1 game "Umm these plus that..say..umm howbout $60"

He was acting like he was giving up his left nut. If you dont wanna sell it dont bring it please.

Maybe a price list will help this problem like Pitfall Harry had..That why I love him. Its as simple as looking at his books or asking him.

Wish there was better lighting too, seemed pretty damn dim in there.

Now lets end this on a positive note...with my positives... ;)

Picked up abunch of cool stuff REALLY cheap...got some deals,

Got some sega stuff, some unused Atari 7800 boxes.

The arcade had Tempest and Frontline

A good amount of boxed/sealed NES stuff.

LOTS of Arcade Marqees

Lots of NES controllers of all shapes and forms.

Lots of loose genny games

Lots of GB/SGB/DS

A decent amout of loose 2600 games saw a few R5s

Lots of Boxed 7800...most likely got them from the secret underground stash wholesale vault....nothing hard to find tho.

Afew cases of brand new Vectrex games.

A few Saturn System..1 really nice Boxed Net Edition Set

Quite afew 32X system 2 boxed. Dont know if all had the cables and such, but the one I got was boxed/complete with all goodies and baggies!

2 loose Tron controllers I really wanted..@ $40 I was too affraid to buy them since I couldnt test them! But I still want them!

A decent amount of classic systems (2600s Intellis).

Aton of NES,PS1,Genesis 3 and blue game gear systems.

Saw afew ppl from DigitalPress..Talked to afew venders...

Didnt get the chance to drink or eat this year, but it smelled good!

Still a fun show.

Wow looks like my + win over the -

So I guess I lied Im ending on this!

It was Hot in there...needs AC. Or free deodorant at the door! :evil:

See ya there next year! :D

Just to clear things up, nooner was NOT the person who switched the prices and I was calling the guy (whoever it may be) that switched the prices an ass, not nooner.

I would suggest that people post what they would like to see at the show in advance in the threads on atariage and next time, I'll bring it. I brought my entire MVS collection one year and everyone one enjoyed playing it. If I knew that's what the people wanted, I would have made an effort to bring it again.

Just to clear things up, nooner was NOT the person who switched the prices and I was calling the guy (whoever it may be) that switched the prices an ass, not nooner.

I would suggest that people post what they would like to see at the show in advance in the threads on atariage and next time, I'll bring it. I brought my entire MVS collection one year and everyone one enjoyed playing it. If I knew that's what the people wanted, I would have made an effort to bring it again.

I would like to see, the show held in Arizona. :D

yeah no matter what I bring people want something else and I've brought some off the wall crap let me tell you.