IGNORED

CCAG Show Cleveland Ohio

slosu

I'm still toying with the notion of going to the may CCAG show. I'm going to be vending at MGC and will probably spend a shit-ton of money while there so the drive to Cleveland might not be an option... I'll definitely be at the October show, though.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I'd like to on one hand....on the other, I don't want to spend the funds.

Then just come to hang out for a while! Grab a beer and browse!

Good chance I'll be there. But NO beer for me!!

Good boy!!!!! :D

Yea, unless I buy that heavy sixer that's been for sale the last few shows there.

Don't feel self control!!

I won't be able to go. I did not realize that this Memorial Day weekend; I already had family plans.....I really thought Memorial Day weekend was next weekend....man do I need a vacation or what...... :woozy:

I won't be able to go. I did not realize that this Memorial Day weekend; I already had family plans.....I really thought Memorial Day weekend was next weekend....man do I need a vacation or what...... :woozy:

:x NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

That sucks! :(

I have even worse news....

I won't be able to go either :x

I have even worse news....

I won't be able to go either :x

:x NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooo........ummm

:ponder: Now that I think about it!

:D YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MORE STUFF FOR MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! :P

Back from CCAG! Only stayed 4hrs.

Picked up abunch of cool stuff REALLY cheap...got some deals, but never saw anybody from AA (Again).

I was the guy with the Black hat and bright blue button up Megatron Shirt with some Jap text on it..with the really hot chick with the Atari Jaguar holographic necklace everyone kept asking about. :ponder: I think they were looking at other things tho..Not everone has a Jaguar fetish like me!

Got some sega stuff, some unused Atari 7800 boxes.

Here is the worst part of the show for me.

Only 3 Jaguar Items..Yes only 3!

A loose Cybermorph, 1 boxed 3 button controller, 1 teamtap

Thats all! :x

Same with US TG16 stuff.

only 3-4 items

3 of those were controllers 1 game.

The arcade had Tempest and Frontline tho, but a smaller selection of games from last year.

Didnt see any homebrews..

A good amount of boxed/sealed NES stuff.

LOTS of Arcade Marqees

Lots of NES controllers of all shapes and forms.

Are boxed Genesis games becomming a rarity?

Almost no Sega CD games.

Very Few..under 30 or so Staurn Games, and more than half of that was a part of a set of commons.

No Neo Geo AES/MVS

No Amiga stuff..pooo!

Lots of GB/SGB/DS

A decent amout of loose 2600 games saw a few R5s

Lots of Boxed 7800...most likely got them from the secret underground stash wholesale vault....nothing hard to find tho.

Afew cases of brand new Vectrex games.

Next to zero of the Dreamcast Stuff...I saw maybe 2 systems and 15 games

A few Saturn System..1 really nice Boxed Net Edition Set

Quite afew 32X system 2 boxed. Dont know if all had the cables and such, but the one I got was boxed/complete with all goodies and baggies! ;)

2 loose Tron controllers I really wanted..@ $40 I was too affraid to buy them since I couldnt test them! But I still want them! :(

A decent amount of classic systems (2600s Intellis).

Aton of NES,PS1,Genesis 3 and blue game gear systems.

Saw afew ppl from DigitalPress..Talked to afew venders...

My biggest grip was the guessing on the price of stuff! Not much was marked with most venders. If you asked four defferent times on a price of say...Toe Jam & Earl for genesis, you would get 4 different prices from the same guy. Anywhere from $8-$25 from the same table..but some did have the stuff marked. Just not the stuff I wanted.

Didnt get the chance to drink or eat this year, but it smelled good!

Still a fun show.

It was Hot in there...needs AC. Or free deodorant at the door!

Picked up abunch of cool stuff REALLY cheap...got some deals, but never saw anybody from AA (Again).

I was the guy with the Black hat and bright blue button up Megatron Shirt with some Jap text on it..with the really hot chick with the Atari Jaguar holographic necklace everyone kept asking about. :ponder:

Still a fun show.

OK - where's the obligatory pics (of the hot chick^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H Holographic Jaguar necklace? Sorry I couldn't make it this year.

Stephen Anderson

Edited by Stephen

Thanks to all who came out to CCAG Yesterday. The show was a Great Success. Attendance was over double that of last show : ) I know my sales were up over double that of last show and hope all the vendors did well and Customers were happy with what we offered. I will be putting up pics and video within the next couple days on the CCAGShow.com website. A special thanks goes out to Ray and Scott for Bringing the Arcade Games, Ryan for running the Console Tournaments, Terry for providing the 2 fine helpers for the entrance ( you guys did a great job )!, All the Vendors for bringing the Gaming Goodness to fill the Hall and finally All the fine customers who attended the show buying up that Gaming Goodness. Feel free to post you comments, compliments, complaints, stories, suggestions and basically anything CCAG Here. Thanks and hope to see you next CCAG Show Saturday October 24, 2009. Mike : )

BTW I have a seperate forum Thread set up for the Sat May 23rd 2009 show here on AtariAge and will have a New one for the Next show that will be Sat Oct 24, 2009. Mike : )

I was the guy with the Black hat and bright blue button up Megatron Shirt with some Jap text on it..with the really hot chick with the Atari Jaguar holographic necklace everyone kept asking about. :ponder: I think they were looking at other things tho..Not everone has a Jaguar fetish like me!

Got some sega stuff, some unused Atari 7800 boxes.

Here is the worst part of the show for me.

Only 3 Jaguar Items..Yes only 3!

A loose Cybermorph, 1 boxed 3 button controller, 1 teamtap

Thats all! :x

Same with US TG16 stuff.

only 3-4 items

3 of those were controllers 1 game.

The arcade had Tempest and Frontline tho, but a smaller selection of games from last year.

Didnt see any homebrews..

A good amount of boxed/sealed NES stuff.

LOTS of Arcade Marqees

Lots of NES controllers of all shapes and forms.

Are boxed Genesis games becomming a rarity?

Almost no Sega CD games.

Very Few..under 30 or so Staurn Games, and more than half of that was a part of a set of commons.

No Neo Geo AES/MVS

No Amiga stuff..pooo!

Lots of GB/SGB/DS

A decent amout of loose 2600 games saw a few R5s

Lots of Boxed 7800...most likely got them from the secret underground stash wholesale vault....nothing hard to find tho.

Afew cases of brand new Vectrex games.

Next to zero of the Dreamcast Stuff...I saw maybe 2 systems and 15 games

A few Saturn System..1 really nice Boxed Net Edition Set

Quite afew 32X system 2 boxed. Dont know if all had the cables and such, but the one I got was boxed/complete with all goodies and baggies! ;)

2 loose Tron controllers I really wanted..@ $40 I was too affraid to buy them since I couldnt test them! But I still want them! :(

A decent amount of classic systems (2600s Intellis).

Aton of NES,PS1,Genesis 3 and blue game gear systems.

Saw afew ppl from DigitalPress..Talked to afew venders...

My biggest grip was the guessing on the price of stuff! Not much was marked with most venders. If you asked four defferent times on a price of say...Toe Jam & Earl for genesis, you would get 4 different prices from the same guy. Anywhere from $8-$25 from the same table..but some did have the stuff marked. Just not the stuff I wanted.

Still a fun show.

Heh, I talked to you briefly, I think. I was the guy ridiculously tall guy in green holding the 3 Count Bout Marquee, you were the one with the Garou MVS in a Shockbox.

My disappointments seemed to be on the same page with yours. No Amiga stuff, no Neo (Well, there was a CD system that someone bought for around 120 at the VGC table and someone had 4 MVS games. No PCE/TG16 stuff (or very little, anyway). More 2600, Atari 8 bit, NES SNES, Genesis, GG and GB than you could shake a stick at...but I'm already tripping over that stuff at home.

I was hoping to find some decent games for Lynx, Amiga, Saturn, PCE/TG16, and MVS. Not much on that front. I also wanted a C64, but I only saw a grand total of 2 for sale...both priced waaaaaay beyond what I was willing to pay for one.

There were some deals to be had...but not on things that I wanted. My video game tastes skew a little bit more towards the obscure anyway. Good show.

Edit: My highlight of the show was the Chicken sandwich I ate there. I thought the show was great fun, but seriously, the best chicken sandwich I've ever had. I wasn't expecting much...but I got blown away.

It was pretty much two HUGE hunks of chicken breast with some sort of rub (I think) on them, grilled I think, with an awesome bun with lettuce and tomato. Delicious. French fries though were just potato wedge style and huge. Ok, but like most french fries, flavorless.

Edited by Blur2040

Heh, I talked to you briefly, I think. I was the guy ridiculously tall guy in green holding the 3 Count Bout Marquee, you were the one with the Garou MVS in a Shockbox.

Hey that was me who sold you the marquee !

Comes directly from the art department.

I was there for about an hour. I agree, it is a pain in the ass that a lot of vendors do not mark prices on games. I usually don't even bother if there's no marked prices because I'm looking for deals and I'm not going to ask what the price on every game is.

Even still there were deals to be found. Atari common cartridges were plentiful and dirt cheap. NES and Genesis games seemed to be plentiful as well. Hardware was hit and miss, although I bought a Commodore 1541 disk drive off some guy who was set up in the parking lot for $15, which is pretty good considering that they usually go for like $25-30 on ebay...