IGNORED

rest of my auctions begin to end today at 7:05 P.M. Eastern Time!

homerwannabee

Just lowered Atlantis II to $2,750. If the NWC Grey cart and Gold carts keep on going to insane prices. Guess what? People will start to look for alternatives. In my opinion Atlantis II is a good alternative. You may never have the money for an NWC cart, but at least you can buy an Atlantis II cart. And they are both equally as rare. :)

They won't be looking for alternative contest carts, that's the thing. Incomparable. I can't think of ONE NES collector that would care or even thinks about an alternative that way, it's just not going to happen, unfortunately...

I respectfully disagree. :) Main reason being that more than just NES collectors want the NWC Gold cart. If you are not an NES collector to begin with and you want the NWC cart than you might be inclined to want the Atantis II cart especially if you can't afford the NWC cart.

Edited by homerwannabee

Just lowered Atlantis II to $2,750. If the NWC Grey cart and Gold carts keep on going to insane prices. Guess what? People will start to look for alternatives. In my opinion Atlantis II is a good alternative. You may never have the money for an NWC cart, but at least you can buy an Atlantis II cart. And they are both equally as rare. :)

They won't be looking for alternative contest carts, that's the thing. Incomparable. I can't think of ONE NES collector that would care or even thinks about an alternative that way, it's just not going to happen, unfortunately...

I respectfully disagree. :) Main reason being that more than just NES collectors want the NWC Gold cart. If you are not an NES collector to begin with and you want the NWC cart than you might be inclined to want the Atantis II cart especially if you can't afford the NWC cart.

Homerwannabee: There is no lore to that cart. The NWC was a nationwide phenomenon when NIntendo was at its peak. The Wizard? I mean, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a really expensive limited edition Yugo I hate to say.

Homerwannabee: There is no lore to that cart. The NWC was a nationwide phenomenon when NIntendo was at its peak. The Wizard? I mean, it's like comparing a Ferrari to a really expensive limited edition Yugo I hate to say.

I don't get the Wizard reference. The movie bombed at the box office. The movie made less than 15 million dollars. I think Encino Man made more money than that. It was an average video game movie. You make it sound like the Wizard Of Oz had a tie in with the NWC cart. Ask the average person today if they remembered the wizard and see what they say.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098663/business

In fact Encino Man DID make more money. 40 Million dollars in fact.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0104187/business

One more thing I will probably lose this if this turns into an argument. I am a good arguer but there is no freaking way I can battle 10 different people. Look I am just trying to sell the game. $2,750 with a best offer is not that insane. Hey it is a competition cart and competition carts go for more money generally. I don't care which one you point too. Even the Sega Genesis Blockbuster cart is a $2,000 cart and no one remembers that one.

Edit: As far as the Expensive Yugo reference. I am pricing it like one. A Ferrari probably would be about 6 times as expensive as a Limited edition Yugo. So I don't understand why you are arguing that as well.

Edited by homerwannabee

I don't get the Wizard reference. The movie bombed at the box office. The movie made less than 15 million dollars. I think Encino Man made more money than that. It was an average video game movie. You make it sound like the Wizard Of Oz had a tie in with the NWC cart. Ask the average person today if they remembered the wizard and see what they say.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098663/business

In fact Encino Man DID make more money. 40 Million dollars in fact.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0104187/business

One more thing I will probably lose this if this turns into an argument. I am a good arguer but there is no freaking way I can battle 10 different people. Look I am just trying to sell the game. $2,750 with a best offer is not that insane. Hey it is a competition cart and competition carts go for more money generally. I don't care which one you point too. Even the Sega Genesis Blockbuster cart is a $2,000 cart and no one remembers that one.

Edit: As far as the Expensive Yugo reference. I am pricing it like one. A Ferrari probably would be about 6 times as expensive as a Limited edition Yugo. So I don't understand why you are arguing that as well.

I never said anything about box office receipts. My point was Nintendo made a movie which was essentially a precursored marketing tool for the NWC. 30 cities in major convention centers and advertised all over the place. That is what I mean. So many more people care about it and know about it and the NES. Nothing you can say will change anyone's minds about the A2 cart, it's as plain as day on this one from day one why the NWC is worth more not just in monetary value, but it's imbedded as one of the most nostalgic eras of our time at Nintendo's peak.

The Sega game is expensive because there are only a few known. Less than 5 copies I believe. Except for Miracle Piano and Outback Joey there are no other rare Sega games. With most Sega games $10 and under a collector can save up for those few last games he needs to complete the set. When it comes to Atari there are several games about as rare as a loose Atlantis II in the same price range. If the price for Atlantis II is too high they just buy another Atari game they don't have of equal rarity and value.

Atari carts max out with Video Life. Unless there is shift in the marketplace, no Atari cart will sell for more than the going rate of one of the complete MINT Video Life games from the Commavid find. This is what? 5-6K? Now a complete Atlantis II can come close to this say 4k+ but a loose one has to sell for much less than a complete one. I think the loose value of Atlantis II is worth about $1200-$1500. Much more than that and bidders are just as apt to buy another Atari game they need. You might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it from an overseas bidder with the exchange rate how it is but right now your price is closer to what I think a complete Atlantis II should sell for than a loose cart.

You put too much of your pride into this thing. The market price has nothing to do with you or your arguments. Nor does it have to do with what I or anyone else says. The others who have commented for the most part have been collecting longer than you have and are merely stating things as they are. We are not keeping the price down we are trying to explain to you the market conditions which affect the price of your game. You are arguing the way things should be but if you were correct you would have a buyer already and you don't. The same arguments you are making now were true when you paid the market rate for your copies. You didn't have a problem with things being the way they were when you bought these games but now that you own them something is supposed to have changed? Where's the logic in that?

The Sega game is expensive because there are only a few known. Less than 5 copies I believe. Except for Miracle Piano and Outback Joey there are no other rare Sega games. With most Sega games $10 and under a collector can save up for those few last games he needs to complete the set. When it comes to Atari there are several games about as rare as a loose Atlantis II in the same price range. If the price for Atlantis II is too high they just buy another Atari game they don't have of equal rarity and value.

Atari carts max out with Video Life. Unless there is shift in the marketplace, no Atari cart will sell for more than the going rate of one of the complete MINT Video Life games from the Commavid find. This is what? 5-6K? Now a complete Atlantis II can come close to this say 4k+ but a loose one has to sell for much less than a complete one. I think the loose value of Atlantis II is worth about $1200-$1500. Much more than that and bidders are just as apt to buy another Atari game they need. You might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it from an overseas bidder with the exchange rate how it is but right now your price is closer to what I think a complete Atlantis II should sell for than a loose cart.

You put too much of your pride into this thing. The market price has nothing to do with you or your arguments. Nor does it have to do with what I or anyone else says. The others who have commented for the most part have been collecting longer than you have and are merely stating things as they are. We are not keeping the price down we are trying to explain to you the market conditions which affect the price of your game. You are arguing the way things should be but if you were correct you would have a buyer already and you don't. The same arguments you are making now were true when you paid the market rate for your copies. You didn't have a problem with things being the way they were when you bought these games but now that you own them something is supposed to have changed? Where's the logic in that?

I always thought it was an important cart. Look I am listing it for $2,750 or best offer. Like DreamTR said I am just trying to get the maximum value for what I have. People do that all the time. I especially want the maximum value because I need the money for college. If money was not an issue for college, than this would not be for sell. It is not even in the price range of a NWC cart so I don't know what all the fuss is about. I bought it a year and a half ago so it is not like I am flipping it. Just let me be. I don't know why you guys are so persistent in presenting this argument. This sale has absolutely nothing to do with either one of you yet you guys seem to have it necessary to interject your opinions on this. I don't rip on your stuff when your selling stuff I would appreciate some reciprocation.

Atari carts max out with Video Life.

I wonder what a CIB Gauntlet would go for? :ponder:

IF you found a dead mint copy like the Video Life are and you caught Wonder on a good day it is possible to get a bit more. I dunno ask Wonder how much he would pay and you would have your answer. I just really can't see ANY Atari cart selling for that much more than 5-6k at this time. Not to say it would never happen but you have to agree that Video Life does represent an effective "glass ceiling" for the Atari cart market.

IF you found a dead mint copy like the Video Life are and you caught Wonder on a good day it is possible to get a bit more. I dunno ask Wonder how much he would pay and you would have your answer. I just really can't see ANY Atari cart selling for that much more than 5-6k at this time. Not to say it would never happen but you have to agree that Video Life does represent an effective "glass ceiling" for the Atari cart market.

Yes, I do "more or less" agree, especially considering that crunchy bought Willie's at the price he set for the BIN. I really didn't see that coming.

CIB Birthday Mania? :ponder: :P

More than 5-6K?

Sure its rare and another one of those oddity carts but whos willing to spend more than 6k on any atari game?

I don't know if you know this but Wonder007 has a $6,500 open offer on Birthday Mania loose.

Edit: Here is the thread were made the offer. I don't now if he still has it, but he did at one time. Check post 18

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=birthday+mania

Edited by homerwannabee

More than 5-6K?

Sure its rare and another one of those oddity carts but whos willing to spend more than 6k on any atari game?

I don't know if you know this but Wonder007 has a $6,500 open offer on Birthday Mania loose.

I wasn't aware. Wonder is willing to pay above market value. If he does buy one for that price and has to sell it he will have a hard time getting his money back. He knows this and it doesn't bother him. Thats why is offering what he is offering. By offing above market price he doesn't have to worry about someone else getting the cart before him. Of course if he lost his Video Life in a flood or something I'd bet he'd pay the same to get that back as well if he had to.

More than 5-6K?

Edit: Here is the thread were made the offer. I don't now if he still has it, but he did at one time. Check post 18

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...=birthday+mania

Homer: Buyatari is not ripping on your stuff. You've got to stop reading into things like that, no one is saying "you are stupid and your cart sucks", but you are making it out like everyone is. He's just telling it like it is. Believe me, if you want to see people yell about pricing, check out www.pcenginefx.com where people are ripping on ANYONE trying to sell anything at high prices. They are less than "nice" about it.

More than 5-6K?

I wasn't aware. Wonder is willing to pay above market value. If he does buy one for that price and has to sell it he will have a hard time getting his money back. He knows this and it doesn't bother him. Thats why is offering what he is offering. By offing above market price he doesn't have to worry about someone else getting the cart before him. Of course if he lost his Video Life in a flood or something I'd bet he'd pay the same to get that back as well if he had to.

There is something called supply and demand. The lower the supply the higher the demand. A Video Life is nice but it does not compare to rarity of some of the rarer carts. I don't even have these carts but I would consider one of those super rare games boxed worth more simply because of the rarity. You have no backing in your belief that a Boxed Video Life should be the highest. I believe $5,000 is well worth that. But in the same sense there are 9 Video Lifes that are boxed. A boxed Gauntlet would sell for more. There is only one of those. Do the math and you will see why a Gauntlet should be worth more. And if you say that it is because of Commavid made other games. Well guess what? Answer Software also made another game. You act like your opinion is the law, when it is not. Can't you open your mind to other possibilities or is your way of thinking the only way of thinking?

Edited by homerwannabee

More than 5-6K?

There is something called supply and demand. The lower the supply the higher the demand. A Video Life is nice but it does not compare to rarity of some of the rarer carts. I don't even have these carts but I would consider one of those super rare games boxed worth more simply because of the rarity. You have no backing in your belief that a Boxed Video Life should be the highest. I believe $5,000 is well worth that. But in the same sense there are 9 Video Lifes that are boxed. A boxed Gauntlet would sell for more. There is only one of those. Do the math and you will see why a Gauntlet should be worth more. And if you say that it is because of Commavid made other games. Well guess what? Answer Software also made another game. You act like your opinion is the law, when it is not. Can't you open your mind to other possibilities or is your way of thinking the only way of thinking?

I AM THE LAW !

LOL

I base it on this. Atari collectors just don't seem comfortable spending much more than a certain ammount on any one game. By talking to people like Marco,Ian,Rick,CPUWiz that is where I get my ideas. They don't care about any supply and demand chart. If they see a game they don;t have they are only going to spend so much.

Sure Wonder might spend 10k on Gauntlet but if he lost his Video Life and no other owner was selling he might spend 10k to replace it as well.

Other than Wonder tell me who is willing to spend over $6,000 on any Atari game.

By talking to people like Marco,Ian,Rick,CPUWiz that is where I get my ideas. They don't care about any supply and demand chart. If they see a game they don;t have they are only going to spend so much.

Bingo, I wouldn't even go up to 1K for a loose A2, especially not in that condition. I've seen a boxed A2 sell for less than $400, I think Rick has it.

Wow it seems a few people got your back BuyAtari. So whatever man. I make a logical argument about Gauntlet which CPUWIZ by the way brought up in the first place and all of the sudden you get pats on the back. The cards are stacked against me on this one. Unfortunately a successful argument seems to be how many people got your back instead of who presents the best argument. All I am trying to do is sell a game with a best offer attached and I get this. OK, man whatever.