IGNORED

rest of my auctions begin to end today at 7:05 P.M. Eastern Time!

homerwannabee

Just to add another data point... I don't have an A2, and I'd probably pay $1K for a loose one and near double that for a boxed one... somewhere between for a loose one with the label.

I have a question to the forum as well... what do you guys see happening to the Atari market when we're all dead. Is this stuff something I should will to my kids or just try to sell off before I die? Is the next generation or the one after going to pay these prices for this stuff?

Your thoughts?

My response is it all depends on how your kids have interest in your items. If they really think that your Atari 2600 is cool and show an interest in it than you should pass it on. But if you have kids who could care less about your hobby than I would probably sell the stuff.

Edited by homerwannabee

I have a question to the forum as well... what do you guys see happening to the Atari market when we're all dead. Is this stuff something I should will to my kids or just try to sell off before I die? Is the next generation or the one after going to pay these prices for this stuff?

Your thoughts?

Kind of a "thread jack" but what the hell, I'm sure Homer doesn't mind the free bumps.

Honestly when we are all dead this stuff will be next to worthless. There may be a few people who care about it but as we all age we will lose interest as well. We are all still alive right now and most people (non Atari collectors) could care less about an Atlantis 2 (Sorry Homer, I guess I could have used a different example :P ) I have a lot of friends that play video games and they all laugh about the fact that I game on a 30 year old system. The only thing that would keep interest going is the amazing homebrews that are made/sold but due to little profit and loads of work once the people who grew up playing/loving Atari die off I see little reason for the torch to be passed. Homebrews will be made in the future, for small audiences of diehards like us, for whatever system was popular while there generation was growing up (PS3? 360?). I don't know what kids played with in the 40's but I can tell you I have no interest what so ever in collecting it, or making it for further generations to enjoy - lol - I'm sure most people my (our) age don't care either

People sell there collections for one of the following 3 reasons most of the time (D's)...

Debt

Divorce

Death

I suggest in the Atari world if you are rounding the third D then you should sell. 100 years from now you will be lucky to get the original retail price of any rare game if you ask me, only time will tell but if you are going to will something to your kids, sell your games and get some Mutual Funds, etc.. The odds are they will not "get" the collectible part of old videogames and hardware and will most likely take the first reasonable offer they get for it which will probably be far less then it's worth. Not trying to be a Debby Downer or anything but just my opinion :)

In the pinball market, about 10-15 years ago, some of the earliest flipper games (from the late 1940s) were worth thousands in great condition.

I own three of them right now. I paid less than a thousand for all three that I own.

No matter how much the kids appreciate the things that other people do, the truth is they won't collect it unless they start collecting it on their own -- not when they inherit it all. Since the majority won't start collecting it, I'd expect to find some things a lot cheaper. But by that time, most of us will be dead anyway.

In the pinball market, about 10-15 years ago, some of the earliest flipper games (from the late 1940s) were worth thousands in great condition.

I own three of them right now. I paid less than a thousand for all three that I own.

No matter how much the kids appreciate the things that other people do, the truth is they won't collect it unless they start collecting it on their own -- not when they inherit it all. Since the majority won't start collecting it, I'd expect to find some things a lot cheaper. But by that time, most of us will be dead anyway.

Do you know why the Adam's Family game is going for so much? Was there Platinum inside the game or something. :ponder:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ADDAMS-FAMILY-PINBALL-...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by homerwannabee

Do you know why the Adam's Family game is going for so much? Was there Platinum inside the game or something. :ponder:

The game was designed by Pat Lawlor, considered one of the best designers in pinball history. This title is widely considered the most successful pinball game ever created, selling approximately 21,250 units (including 1,000 of a special limited edition The Addams Family Gold, released in 1993, featuring gold accents and brass plaques featuring serial numbers).

The game was designed by Pat Lawlor, considered one of the best designers in pinball history. This title is widely considered the most successful pinball game ever created, selling approximately 21,250 units (including 1,000 of a special limited edition The Addams Family Gold, released in 1993, featuring gold accents and brass plaques featuring serial numbers).

Not to mention the game is just awesome as well, it is one of my "dream line-up" games but if I had that kind of cash to blow I would get an Indiana table first.

looks like a neat playfield, my favorite of all time though is still World Cup '94. I hate soccer too lol

I've got 6 pinballs, and man, those things are hard to keep working correctly.

No big bang bar huh?

Yeah, $10,000 ? No thanks, it's not THAT GREAT =)

I want Arabian Nights, though.

looks like a neat playfield, my favorite of all time though is still World Cup '94. I hate soccer too lol

I've got 6 pinballs, and man, those things are hard to keep working correctly.

No big bang bar huh?

Yeah, $10,000 ? No thanks, it's not THAT GREAT =)

I want Arabian Nights, though.

10,000 is cheap for an ORIGINAL big bang bar.

I'll stick to playing Big Bang Bar and Addams Family on Visual PinMAME, thanks.

Although I really ought to get my Black Knight and Gorgar out of storage and working again...

Anyway, one might notice that those paying big bucks for circa 1900 cast iron banks and toys these days didn't exactly grow up with them...

Edited by lemoncurry

Although I really ought to get my Black Knight and Gorgar out of storage and working again...

Anyway, one might notice that those paying big bucks for circa 1900 cast iron banks and toys these days didn't exactly grow up with them...

Of course you will stick to EMU's, you only post on collector\gamer forums to start shit. Thats quite clear from your total Atari Age post history which is 13 pages in the marketplace bitching about anything you can to start shit and less than 1 page total in all other forums combined. :ponder:

10,000 is cheap for an ORIGINAL big bang bar.

Weren't the repro's quite a bit cheaper or did that project never make it off the ground?

That 10K is the repro price...

I think they were less than that originally (I dunno how much the gold ones were) but on the secondary market they are up there as well.

One of the originals got burned up in a fire. Ouch !

I almost bought a Black Knight a few years back but it needed too much work, they wouldn't budge on the price either..... GorGar is OK but not really my style. I seem to remember a Black Knight Deluxe that was pretty cool as well, I am not sure if that was the name or not :?

I almost bought a Black Knight a few years back but it needed too much work, they wouldn't budge on the price either..... GorGar is OK but not really my style. I seem to remember a Black Knight Deluxe that was pretty cool as well, I am not sure if that was the name or not :?

How many Rambo pins got made? That one was kinda generic but it was really fun with the cool sound effects IIRC.

bbang_bg.jpg

Ahh now I remember Jason.

The real reason you can't get one is because your old girlfriend is on the glass.

http://www.xmission.com/~daina/images/jb/bigbangbar.html

Hahahhaha, she's in Breakshot too

Man she's on the cover of the most wanted pinball game of our time.

Cute and collectable how could you let that go !

How many Rambo pins got made? That one was kinda generic but it was really fun with the cool sound effects IIRC.

Rambo? Not sure I have played/seen that one.