IGNORED

rest of my auctions begin to end today at 7:05 P.M. Eastern Time!

homerwannabee

Hey, I am just trying to sell the cart. I wish people would not be negative when I am attempting to do so. Please have some respect. I feel like I am getting flack for no reason. Please out of respect please stop this. Again please stop this. I am trying to sell other stuff and you ripping on me for no reason is not cool. Again please stop this. Look at my Ebay rating. If I am such a jerk. Why is my rating so high? I am honest to a fault, and will go above and beyond with my auction or when I deal in private. Again please don't turn this into a circus. I lowered the price tremendously. I am just trying to sell stuff. And I would appreciate it if people got off their high horse for a second and realize that.

homer, I think you are a great seller, but Wonder is just referring to your strategy for marketing the game. He's not badmouthing you.

It's just every other month there is a thread about you having A2 on eBay, and then in subsequent visits periodically, you are lowering the price, or hyping the thing more and more with names and prices and examples and such. It's tiring to everyone because it loses the appeal.

Heck, if I didn't know any better, I'd say A2 is easy to find because it's been on eBay so much in the past year!

For me personally, if that had original paperwork, I would be all over it, but it doesn't....

Hey, I am just trying to sell the cart. I wish people would not be negative when I am attempting to do so. Please have some respect. I feel like I am getting flack for no reason. Please out of respect please stop this. Again please stop this. I am trying to sell other stuff and you ripping on me for no reason is not cool. Again please stop this. Look at my Ebay rating. If I am such a jerk. Why is my rating so high? I am honest to a fault, and will go above and beyond with my auction or when I deal in private. Again please don't turn this into a circus. I lowered the price tremendously. I am just trying to sell stuff. And I would appreciate it if people got off their high horse for a second and realize that.

homer, I think you are a great seller, but Wonder is just referring to your strategy for marketing the game. He's not badmouthing you.

It's just every other month there is a thread about you having A2 on eBay, and then in subsequent visits periodically, you are lowering the price, or hyping the thing more and more with names and prices and examples and such. It's tiring to everyone because it loses the appeal.

Heck, if I didn't know any better, I'd say A2 is easy to find because it's been on eBay so much in the past year!

For me personally, if that had original paperwork, I would be all over it, but it doesn't....

I 2nd that DreamTR. Homer, I am not trying to badmouth you....in fact I hope you get top dollar for the game. Homer is a great seller, I just think you took the wrong approach in selling it......you are giving people the wrong impression of the game. Like I said before, you should have started at 99 cents with a reserve......if it did not meet reserve, you reevaluate the situation, if you are willing to sell at the ending price below the reserve, you give the winner a second chance offer.....the way you got the Atlantis 2 with docs. This would have saved you time, headaches and probably would have gotten value for your game.

I think the NES Competition cart goes for a lot more because it is very nostalgic. Thousands and thousands of people did that competition, including me. Only 20 or so people did the Atlantis one, I personally never even knew it existed until I joined Atariage. Not trying to dis it but only hardcore collectors even know what it is.

I think the NES Competition cart goes for a lot more because it is very nostalgic. Thousands and thousands of people did that competition, including me. Only 20 or so people did the Atlantis one, I personally never even knew it existed until I joined Atariage. Not trying to dis it but only hardcore collectors even know what it is.

The NWC is a totally different animal. People get excited about it.

I honestly don't think Homer has hurt the price of the Atlantis II. I never felt there was a huge draw to the title and most collectors have always seemed unaware of it or just indifferent. Homer has tried to make sure others are aware but the indifference is a bit harder to overcome. A few collectors have sought it out for its rarity but perhaps unjustly so it just doesn't create as many waves as Homer would like to believe it should. I think its gone up in value over the past few years as much as any other Atari cart of equal rarity perhaps a bit more so. I bought mine loose for $300 around the same time I bought my gold NWC for 4k. A gold NWC recently sold for 15k and percentagewise the Atlantis II has gone up as much or even more.

The NWC is a totally different animal. People get excited about it.

I honestly don't think Homer has hurt the price of the Atlantis II. I never felt there was a huge draw to the title and most collectors have always seemed unaware of it or just indifferent. Homer has tried to make sure others are aware but the indifference is a bit harder to overcome. A few collectors have sought it out for its rarity but perhaps unjustly so it just doesn't create as many waves as Homer would like to believe it should. I think its gone up in value over the past few years as much as any other Atari cart of equal rarity perhaps a bit more so. I bought mine loose for $300 around the same time I bought my gold NWC for 4k. A gold NWC recently sold for 15k and percentagewise the Atlantis II has gone up as much or even more.

I guess I have to live with Atlantis II being the poor mans NWC Grey cart. I guess I am OK with that. As the NWC competition carts become more and more out of price more and more people will start to look at the Atlantis II. It's the one cart where you don't have to be rich to buy it. It is also the one cart that you can argue about with a NWC cart owner. People sometimes forget the early 80's. Video game competitions were huge then. Starcade was huge and video game companies actually paid video game players to represent them. Todd Rogers was paid $1,000 for every appearance he made. Look at the King of Kong and you will see that the hight of Video Game competitions was during the early 80's. People would represent different countries and play against each other on an arcade machine. Look at how many scoring patches that Activision alone gave out. Of all the awards given out then the only video game awarded during this historical era of video game competitions and high scores was Atlantis II. A video game given to the select few high scores of the Atlantis video game. Then six years later America become once again enthralled about video game competitions. I remember thinking during this time that it was cool that video game competitions were once again cool. Nintendo seeing a resurgence makes a huge marketing campaign with the NWC Gold cart as the center piece. What entailed was a marketing blitz that none have ever seen before. It became a huge success and soon other competition carts would join the fold like the Star Fox cart and Donkey Kong Country cart. Even Sega Genesis joined the fray with their own cart. But of all those important carts the only competition cart that represents the early 80's and the competitions during this time was the Atlantis II. The only competition cart ever awarded to contestants during an era where video game competitions were huge. People can rip on the Atlantis II all they want. But the fact remains that this is a historically significant cart. Though I admit that the NWC cart will always be more valuable unless of course the Eprom's ever die.

I guess I have to live with Atlantis II being the poor mans NWC Grey cart. I guess I am OK with that. As the NWC competition carts become more and more out of price more and more people will start to look at the Atlantis II. It's the one cart where you don't have to be rich to buy it. It is also the one cart that you can argue about with a NWC cart owner. People sometimes forget the early 80's. Video game competitions were huge then. Starcade was huge and video game companies actually paid video game players to represent them. Todd Rogers was paid $1,000 for every appearance he made. Look at the King of Kong and you will see that the hight of Video Game competitions was during the early 80's. People would represent different countries and play against each other on an arcade machine. Look at how many scoring patches that Activision alone gave out. Of all the awards given out then the only video game awarded during this historical era of video game competitions and high scores was Atlantis II. A video game given to the select few high scores of the Atlantis video game. Then six years later America become once again enthralled about video game competitions. I remember thinking during this time that it was cool that video game competitions were once again cool. Nintendo seeing a resurgence makes a huge marketing campaign with the NWC Gold cart as the center piece. What entailed was a marketing blitz that none have ever seen before. It became a huge success and soon other competition carts would join the fold like the Star Fox cart and Donkey Kong Country cart. Even Sega Genesis joined the fray with their own cart. But of all those important carts the only competition cart that represents the early 80's and the competitions during this time was the Atlantis II. The only competition cart ever awarded to contestants during an era where video game competitions were huge. People can rip on the Atlantis II all they want. But the fact remains that this is a historically significant cart. Though I admit that the NWC cart will always be more valuable unless of course the Eprom's ever die.

Look man I don't agree with your chain of logic statements and how that somehow relates to Atlantis II, but you are trying to sell and get as much as you can. I wish you the best of luck.

If you want my advice, I think you should present the game in a more neutral tone like a wikipedia article and hope for the best. You didn't go on this way over the River Patrol and that did very well. I'd copy that pattern. I think this cart will do very well. It might not meet your expectations but it will sell for above market rate. Perfect time of the year too as many just got their income tax refunds. Offering a payment plan on items like this does help increase the number of potential buyers.

Look man I don't agree with your chain of logic statements and how that somehow relates to Atlantis II, but you are trying to sell and get as much as you can. I wish you the best of luck.

If you want my advice, I think you should present the game in a more neutral tone like a wikipedia article and hope for the best. You didn't go on this way over the River Patrol and that did very well. I'd copy that pattern. I think this cart will do very well. It might not meet your expectations but it will sell for above market rate. Perfect time of the year too as many just got their income tax refunds. Offering a payment plan on items like this does help increase the number of potential buyers.

Well thanks for the encouragement. Hopefully your right. :)

I'd always offer taking a payment plan on large items. I just sold my gold NWC in a 5 figure deal by offering payments. No way would the buyer have been able to send all the money at once.

I'd always offer taking a payment plan on large items. I just sold my gold NWC in a 5 figure deal by offering payments. No way would the buyer have been able to send all the money at once.

Congrats on the sell. You said one recently sold for $15,000. Was that yours or did it go for even more money?

Edit: I have a good analogy compare an NWC Gold to Atlantis II. If you have ever seen the Godfather the NWC Gold is Michael Corleone and Atlantis II is Michaels older brother Fredo Corleone.

Edited by homerwannabee

Congrats on the sell. You said one recently sold for $15,000. Was that yours or did it go for even more money?

Edit: I have a good analogy compare an NWC Gold to Atlantis II. If you have ever seen the Godfather the NWC Gold is Michael Corleone and Atlantis II is Michaels older brother Fredo Corleone.

Nope mine wasn't the 15k sale I'm still collecting payments and the longer he takes to pay it off the more he owes. So I can't say for sure what the final price is till its over.

Edited by Buyatari

Nope mine wasn't the 15k sale I'm still collecting payments and the longer he takes to pay it off the more he owes. So I can't say for sure what the final price is till its over.

Mine was the 15k sale, just cleared escrow this week.

Man, if you guys sold yours for 12-15K...this means the market is CLOSED. No one else has one available. NO active sellers.

Man, if you guys sold yours for 12-15K...this means the market is CLOSED. No one else has one available. NO active sellers.

everything is for sale

Wow, $15,000 for the video game. And it even went into escrow :-o :-o :-o You guys win. If I do the math Atlantis II is not even worth 1/5th the price of NWC Gold. I am a numbers guy and I can't argue with cold hard numbers like this. The Grey cart has typically gone for about 40 percent of the Gold. so if that is correct a Grey cart would be worth $6,000. So A2 is not even worth half of a Grey cart. Man I am depressed big time now. No matter what argument I make from now on about why Atlantis II should in the same league all anyone has to say is "Scoreboard Sucker!". So for me it is official. No one will take Atlantis II at $2,900. I am raising the white flag and saying that NWC Gold and Grey is extremely more desirable than Atlantis II. Not only that but it will always be that way unless something unforeseen happens. I remember Buyatari saying I picked the wrong horse. Sorry I did not pick a horse I picked a jackass.

Wow, $15,000 for the video game. And it even went into escrow :-o :-o :-o You guys win. If I do the math Atlantis II is not even worth 1/5th the price of NWC Gold. I am a numbers guy and I can't argue with cold hard numbers like this. The Grey cart has typically gone for about 40 percent of the Gold. so if that is correct a Grey cart would be worth $6,000. So A2 is not even worth half of a Grey cart. Man I am depressed big time now. No matter what argument I make from now on about why Atlantis II should in the same league all anyone has to say is "Scoreboard Sucker!". So for me it is official. No one will take Atlantis II at $2,900. I am raising the white flag and saying that NWC Gold and Grey is extremely more desirable than Atlantis II. Not only that but it will always be that way unless something unforeseen happens. I remember Buyatari saying I picked the wrong horse. Sorry I did not pick a horse I picked a jackass.

Dollar for dollar you have done just as well. You didn't spend $4,000 in 2002 like I did. larger cost = larger selling price. 4k to 15k is a decent return but others have done better than that over that period of time.

You can compare shares of Brookshire Hathaway to Apple and over a period of time and Apple may have done better or worse its not based on the price per share but ROI. In 2002 when I spent $4,000 for 1 gold NWC that was enough to buy 13 loose Atlantis carts which were going for $300.

Did you see the labelless grey that just sold on eBay for a crazy price. Even I was shocked by that one.

Man I am depressed big time now... Sorry I did not pick a horse I picked a jackass.

homer eats humble pie? :roll:

No offense, but whatever the situation may be, I just hope you sell the damn thing soon so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

You can compare shares of Brookshire Hathaway...

Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

Did you see the labelless grey that just sold on eBay for a crazy price. Even I was shocked by that one.

It is crazy. Pure speculators buying that stuff now, which is nuts in a collectibles market as volatile as this one. With the various Nintendo franchises still going, vintage Nintendo stuff has a much better chance of holding prices over the long term than Atari stuff does, but an awful lot of people are going to end up disappointed if NES stuff starts tanking 8-10 years from now like most 2600 stuff is nowadays. Atari stuff has had a good run of about a decade or so, and that's probably about the best you can hope for. Sooner or later all these markets will peak, and when there aren't enough new people entering the hobby to maintain any individual sector of the market, things will start to slip rapidly. These people who think the sky is the limit on this stuff have another thing coming.

Man I am depressed big time now... Sorry I did not pick a horse I picked a jackass.

No offense, but whatever the situation may be, I just hope you sell the damn thing soon so we don't have to hear about it anymore.

Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

It is crazy. Pure speculators buying that stuff now, which is nuts in a collectibles market as volatile as this one. With the various Nintendo franchises still going, vintage Nintendo stuff has a much better chance of holding prices over the long term than Atari stuff does, but an awful lot of people are going to end up disappointed if NES stuff starts tanking 8-10 years from now like most 2600 stuff is nowadays. Atari stuff has had a good run of about a decade or so, and that's probably about the best you can hope for. Sooner or later all these markets will peak, and when there aren't enough new people entering the hobby to maintain any individual sector of the market, things will start to slip rapidly. These people who think the sky is the limit on this stuff have another thing coming.

I agree here, NES stuff is at ridiculous levels right now, but it's also in it's golden age. Atari went through the crazy stage in the late 90's. The only wildcard factor he is how much more popular was the NES? Atari was very popular, but I think NES was even more widespread. It may have more upside or it could be reaching it's peak. Either way, Atari stuff seems to be settling in, and I don't think you'll see crazy upside anymore, you will see ups and downs following the collectibles market and supply and demand. I've been thinking NES was gonna peak for the last year, but I've been wrong, it just continues to climb, but there has to be a ceiling where the prices at least level out. It's happened with most of the more common NES things, but the super rare stuff is doubling every year it seems. Look at the last 6 sales of the NWC Gold, 2 on ebay for 5100, 7800, then then 4 private sales for 8500, 10,250, 12,000, and 15,000. It's done it with other big NES stuff too, Myriad went from 800, 1100, and last one went 2200. The 3 porn titles just went for 3700 in an auction, that's 1233 a piece, when completes were going about 700-800 a piece last year. NES people are where Atari people were in the late 90's

Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

DOH!

I guess the cat is out of the bag...it is true... I don't have any in my stock portfolio. :P

well at what 150k a share, I doubt many people here do have it in their portfolio :)

everything is for sale

Yeah, but the only way I am selling my gold cart, or the other one I have access to, is with an incredulous amount of money. I think 25K might do it for the one I have access to, since last year when we tried to sell it for 10K, and people kept reneging. Looks like a steal now. Mine? Man, $100,000 might do it, but of course, I would never put something like that up for sale that way. SO yeah, I guess everything is for sale at the right price. Lord knows I've sold some Turbo Grafx stuff at crazy prices. It all depends on the people buying these things, and the 2 items for the NES that hit the 5 figure mark are the gold NWC and I think a CIB Stadium Events if left on auction would hit 10K as well.

Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

All the people collecting NES are making more money nowadays. When I was completing my collection in the late 90s, I was only making 27K a year before taxes, so if you take into account inflation, and that everyone and their brother is making at least 45K these days, you can see how the value can be skewed up with salary.

Just lowered Atlantis II to $2,750. If the NWC Grey cart and Gold carts keep on going to insane prices. Guess what? People will start to look for alternatives. In my opinion Atlantis II is a good alternative. You may never have the money for an NWC cart, but at least you can buy an Atlantis II cart. And they are both equally as rare. :)

Edited by homerwannabee

Berkshire Hathaway? ;)

DOH!

I guess the cat is out of the bag...it is true... I don't have any in my stock portfolio. :P

well at what 150k a share, I doubt many people here do have it in their portfolio :)

I came sooooo close to buying a share in 1993-94 when it was 7k a share. Instead I blew it all on a series of drunken adventures. Best move I ever made !

Just lowered Atlantis II to $2,750. If the NWC Grey cart and Gold carts keep on going to insane prices. Guess what? People will start to look for alternatives. In my opinion Atlantis II is a good alternative. You may never have the money for an NWC cart, but at least you can buy an Atlantis II cart. And they are both equally as rare. :)

They won't be looking for alternative contest carts, that's the thing. Incomparable. I can't think of ONE NES collector that would care or even thinks about an alternative that way, it's just not going to happen, unfortunately...

They won't be looking for alternative contest carts, that's the thing. Incomparable. I can't think of ONE NES collector that would care or even thinks about an alternative that way, it's just not going to happen, unfortunately...

I agree. Two different buyers. Now Coke Wins vs Atlantis II you have the same buyer.