IGNORED

New prototype found for Cabbage Patch

VonGuard

Two questions:

Who was OAA Inc.?

Was this game designed by Ed Temple or Ed English (or both)?

According to CloneSpy it could(!) be Temple, because the game shares best with Looping (12%) and Frontline (10%). But with those low numbers, this is just a best guess.

Scrutinizing the code for some programmer typical patterns would be waaay more reliable.

cbpark1 and cpkadv rev2 (newer) seem to be a different development branch closest to cbpark2 which was abandoned. Maybe the contain some later dropped features.

I've been playing through them, and it's not so much a different development branch, but rather some different graphics. In 6-14 (rev 2) and rev 2.1, Anna Lee (the girl) has been given brown hair and a different look. She also has some really strange movement animation. The rest of the game is very similar to the earlier static screen demo (5/24/84) except you can move around. In the next revision (7/3/84) the graphics are basically the same as they are in the final version, so between rev 2.1 and rev 3 they really tweaked the graphics. That may be why they look like different code bases.

Tempest

Ok so it is Ed Temple, and not Ed English then?

Ed Temple did the main programming on CPK, but I believe Ed English may have helped a bit with the overall game design. They worked together as business partners, so I'm sure they both had a hand in all of the Individeo projects one way or another (Mr. Do!, Roc N Rope, Front Line, Looping, CPK). Ed English is, however, the one that supposedly has a copy of the game, but he was evasive when I last asked him about it. I guess it doesn't matter much now.

Thanks, VonGuard. :D :thumbsup:

Ed Temple did the main programming on CPK, but I believe Ed English may have helped a bit with the overall game design. They worked together as business partners, so I'm sure they both had a hand in all of the Individeo projects one way or another (Mr. Do!, Roc N Rope, Front Line, Looping, CPK). Ed English is, however, the one that supposedly has a copy of the game, but he was evasive when I last asked him about it. I guess it doesn't matter much now.

Are you going to let him know this was found or let him find out on his own? I wonder what his reaction will be.....

Thanks for the additional information. I'll credit Ed Temple in our database, but will hold off on crediting Ed English until it's confirmed that he helped in some way.

..Al

Are you going to let him know this was found or let him find out on his own? I wonder what his reaction will be.....

My last emails to both Eds went unanswered (which happens quite often). I just emailed them both again and let them know that 10 revisions of the game were found and dumped.

Regardless, I should have more information about these games (including the CV games) in a few days...I need to make a few calls first.