IGNORED

Previous 7800 HSC Rounds

shadow460

It's been 12 weeks since we did Food Fight. If there's a tie, we'll go with Desert Falcon first since it hasn't been played.

How many hostages did you lose, Cybergoth? I'm assuming you still had some choppers left, so the other 21 hostage were lost.

Edited by shadow460

The school cafeteria must have really served something good yet again. Since no one could guess today's mystery meat, let alone yesterday's, we're going to take up spoons and have a Food Fight!

Game Information:

This week's game: Food Fight

Controllers supported: CX-40, ProLine Joystick

Difficulty Switches: n/a

Game Mode: Standard, start at level 1

Scores may be posted in this thread until March 21st at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Next week's game will be chosen by popular vote from the following: Desert Falcon, Jinks, Klax, and Motorpsycho. Simply vote in the poll for next week's game.

Become a member of the 7800 High Score Competition simply by posting a score in this thread.

Current High Scores

1. RJ 264,500

2. bfutrel 94,300

3. Artlover 20,900

Previous High Score:

Video Game Addict 175,200, played on Expert level and starting and stage 16.

Member List (post a score to join!)

silver_surfer, keilbaca, Mind Game, birdie3, Cybergoth, jedijeff, video game addict, FireTiger, Mordax, RJ, keitaro, Almost Rice, Pac Man Plus, jwierer, Artlover, hanglyman, bfutrel, vdub_bobby, Goochman, gdement

Hints and Tips

From the book:

Watch out for open manholes, or Charley will fall in and lose a life!

Keep an eye on the colors of the chefs. When the chefs are blue or yellow, they can't hurt Charley.

In the higher levels, have Charley race to the cone immediately for the high cone points. You win an extra 500 points for each time Charley scrambles to a higher level.

Use leftovers as ammunition whenever possible. Remember: If Charley's carrying food when he reaches the cone, he takes it [the food] with him to the next level.

Other tips:

Keep the chefs away from the food piles when possible. Try to either use of defend each pile. If a chef reaches the food, be prepared for a barrage.

Move to your own food pile and let loose on the chefs. This will give you a few seconds' breather.

Edited by shadow460

Thirty centuries ago, thieves raided the tomb of Pharoah. The desert's guardians stopped the thieves' escape, killing the thieves and their camels, and yet leaving Pharoah's treasure scattered across the sands.

The guardians neither sleep, nor do they leave. They have stood watch over their land for ages, defeating treasure hunters time and time again.

You're the next treasure hunter. You've decided to take on the guardians, and brave the danger. Vast riches await in the sandy wilderness. It's time to saddle up the bird and claim what others couldn't. It's time to claim the title of Desert Falcon!

Game Information:

This week's game: Atari's Desert Falcon

Controllers supported: ProLine Joystick, Atari Joypad

Game Mode: Standard

Scores may be posted in this thread until March 28th at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Next week's game will be chosen by popular vote from the following: Impossible Mission, Jinks, Motorpsycho, and Sentinel. Simply vote in the poll for next week's game.

Become a member of the 7800 High Score Competition simply by posting a score in this thread.

Current High Scores

1. RJ 89,543

2. jbanes 15,668

3. Artlover 9,924

Shadow's first score of the week:

To Be Scored

silver_surfer, keilbaca, Mind Game, birdie3, Cybergoth, jedijeff, video game addict, FireTiger, Mordax, RJ, keitaro, Almost Rice, Pac Man Plus, jwierer, Artlover, hanglyman, bfutrel, vdub_bobby, Goochman, gdement

Shady tactics:

Duck behind pyramids and obelisks to save yourself and lure enemies into crashing.

Gauge the alititude of flying beasts (and yourself) by watching their shadows. Zaxxon players will need to wean themselves from the altimeter. Instead, learn approximately how big your shadow is compared to the altimeter reading, and use this information to determine altitude in Desert Falcon.

Try to memorize what combinations of heiroglyphs give you the most useful super powers. Getting the same three heiroglyphs in a different order will give you a different super power.

During bonus rounds, go for the treasures that have the highest bonus multiplier.

Edited by shadow460

galaga rocks!! this was the first game i got for my 7800 back in 1987..and i still play it to this day.. i also have galaga 90 for the turbo grafx 16 system ..while galaga 90 was a bit more detailed..i always find myself playing the 7800 version...its a classic it dosent get older..it gets better.. if u have a 7800 grab galaga..you will have a great time..

i was only able to muster about 78,000 and im' not taking a shot of that, also, has anybody else noticed the bad collission detection, i watched closely and unless the bullets hit the bad guys in the middle part, they don't register, they go right throug the wings.

I apologize for the delay in updating this. I've had some time on the forums, but not a lot, and I've been dealing with a whole slew of stuff this week...a breakup, my stuff breaking down (a bike, four microwaves, and a friend's computer, plus some other forgotten stuff), some church matters, and my ex wife is thrown in there trying to get me crossways with the VA.

It's been a mess.

I'll trade roles with you, jbanes. If you work on a 4,000 volt system and deal with the VA, I'll watch paint dry for you.

I'll trade roles with you, jbanes. If you work on a 4,000 volt system and deal with the VA, I'll watch paint dry for you.

OOOOOooooooo! What does
this
do?
:ponder:

BZZZT!

.....fffffff.....
:skull:

Hmmm.... On second thought, maybe I should stick with drying paint.
:D

Just hang in there, shadow. With enough time, patience, and prayer, things will start looking up soon enough. :)

In the future, the debate over life on other planets will wind to a close. You are a part of that debate, having landed on a habitable world in the Sirius star system. That world is full of natural resources, coal, natural gas, oil, ozone, it's all there. That world contains massive gemstone formations worth quadrillions of dollars. It's so complex that it can't be defined in a typical game.

Your rover ship launches. Soon after, a strange ball is located, bouncing in the world's light gravity. Curiosity beckons. Discovery awaits. Danger could be near.

That world is Jinks.

Game Information:

This week's game: Softgold's Jinks.

Controllers supported: ProLine Joystick, Atari Joypad

Game Mode: Standard, beginning at level 1.

Scores may be posted in this thread until April 4th at approximately 10 PM Central Time.

Due to a tie in voting, next week's game will be Impossible Mission.

Current High Scores

vdub_bobby 6,115

RJ 2,545

jferio 1,750

Artlover 490

Shadow's first score of the week:

To Be Scored

Fancy rebounding:

Share your tips, and I'll post 'em here.

Edited by roadrunner

Figured this thread was looking a little bare, so I pulled my cart out and played a round.

1,750, and that was realizing partway through that, yes, you can move your 'paddle' up.