IGNORED

Pac-Man Collection (ColecoVision) completed. Going beta test

opcode

Pac-Man Collection sold on eBay last night for $382.99 - that's just nuts!

Here is another one: Ebay

I believe there are two auctions going on right now that I am tracking. I believe the buy price for the one was $399.

But it now for $243.95

http://cgi.ebay.com/PAC-MAN-COLLECTION-HOM...50#ht_606wt_908

I believe there are two auctions going on right now that I am tracking. I believe the buy price for the one was $399.

But it now for $243.95

Good to know that people are still waiting to be able to purchase this game, while others who had the privilege of obtaining one are flipping their copies. :roll:

There are several people who have a history of doing this. I wish homebrewers would stop selling these limited edition carts to these people.

But it now for $243.95

Good to know that people are still waiting to be able to purchase this game, while others who had the privilege of obtaining one are flipping their copies. :roll:

There are several people who have a history of doing this. I wish homebrewers would stop selling these limited edition carts to these people.

Why are some home brewers able to sell through AtariAge and others not? Why not sub some of these out?

Why are some home brewers able to sell through AtariAge and others not? Why not sub some of these out?

Not sure I understand the question. Pretty much all homebrewers are "able" to sell through AtariAge if they choose (assuming they're offering a quality product and not some random junk).

Furthermore, PMC is not being sold "though AtariAge" (via the store)...it's being sold direct from Opcode Games, who simply use the forums here as their primary tool for sales and distribution. The shortages of PMC have nothing to do with AA.

Either way, I wasn't commenting on the shortage so much as the fact that certain people who bought the first batch copies (or received a complimentary) are flipping them on eBay. That really shouldn't be, and I think Opcode (and others) should reconsider exactly who they're selling/giving cartridges to in cases like this.

Edited by PingvinBlueJeans

Not sure I understand the question. Pretty much all homebrewers are "able" to sell through AtariAge if they choose (assuming they're offering a quality product and not some random junk).

Furthermore, PMC is not being sold "though AtariAge" (via the store)...it's being sold direct from Opcode Games, who simply use the forums here as their primary tool for sales and distribution. The shortages of PMC have nothing to do with AA.

That's the question - why doesn't Opcode choose to sell additional carts through AtariAge after their initial production run. I have been told by Opcode that it is not cost-effective for them to manufacture additional carts so the question is why not sub that out to AtariAge?

Maybe it's just none of my damn business but I want their games without having to fork over several hundred dollars! : ]

That's the question - why doesn't Opcode choose to sell additional carts through AtariAge after their initial production run. I have been told by Opcode that it is not cost-effective for them to manufacture additional carts so the question is why not sub that out to AtariAge?

Maybe it's just none of my damn business but I want their games without having to fork over several hundred dollars! : ]

If you can wait for the next batch, you shouldn't have to fork over any more money then the rest of us did for the first batch.

If you can wait for the next batch, you shouldn't have to fork over any more money then the rest of us did for the first batch.

When is that going to be?

Take a look at the last Opcode Blog entry...

...from what I've heard, Pixelboy was waiting all materials from Eduardo

Luc has moved to a new adress, so it could take a couple of days before he replies to any email...

The fact is manufacturing 80 copies take alot of time for 1 man, in this case Eduardo, who are the one who assemble all PCB's & eprom, so he have made a first run and it was sold out VERY quickly!

Luc, is the one who assemble all box and he's also the one who ship all games.....

So for making another run, it can take some time, but be patient and you'll have your copy for 60$

I'm also pretty sure that they'll have enough this time ;)

That was one of the most anticipated Colecovision Homebrew after all! :D

I can understand copyrights and wanting to preserve them so they can make more 360 and DS games with Pac but going after this would seem dumb. Are they willing to make available a cart for a 2600 or Colecovision? No, it wouldn't be profitable enough for a big company to make games for a long gone system.

Then again they do own the copyrights so would they maybe agree to a percentage? Would it be worth it? Would suing be worth it? How many copies would it require to satisfy demand? A few hundred? We all know most homebrewers don't make much back to start with so is it worth the big companies time to go after a few dollars in royalties?

High profit auctions don't help though, there could be a cease and desist letter on the way now, I hope not. I would really like to get this game, missed out on the first batch and just could not justify spending that much for one.

The fact is manufacturing 80 copies take alot of time for 1 man, in this case Eduardo, who are the one who assemble all PCB's & eprom, so he have made a first run and it was sold out VERY quickly!

Luc, is the one who assemble all box and he's also the one who ship all games.....

So for making another run, it can take some time, but be patient and you'll have your copy for 60$

I'm also pretty sure that they'll have enough this time ;)

That was one of the most anticipated Colecovision Homebrew after all! :D

OK...so what exactly is the process in manufacturing carts sold through AtariAge? Is it still a one man show?

Hello people.

I moved back to my mother's house recently, I still don't have internet access from there, and I'm often away from the office these days (working at a client's building) so posting here and answering e-mail is very difficult and unpredictable for me right now.

All I want to say is that Eduardo has gone completely MIA. And I mean completely. I haven't heard from him since April 26th, he hasn't even visited the AA forums since April 27th, he has given me no explanation for his absence and I have absolutely no idea what's going on with him right now.

I'm too busy with my own stuff to care what's going on. The plan was always to produce new copies of PMC and offer them to everyone who placed pre-orders, but for all intents and purposes, all operations at Opcode Games are completely suspended until further notice (with the exception of sales of CV cartridge casings, but even that will be problematic until I can access the net from home).

Thanks.

...all operations at Opcode Games are completely suspended until further notice...

Ouch!

I guess I was fortunate to get one (moreso than I thought). :ponder:

Hopefully it's just a blip in his schedule as summer is coming. I'm holding out hope that there will be a perfectly logical reason he's been away, and will be back soon. :)

And yeah, seeing PMC's on Ebay kinda makes me throw up in my mouth a little bit. I see it similar to finding out the babysitter is hiring your children out for profit... just my perspective.

...all operations at Opcode Games are completely suspended until further notice...

Ouch!

I guess I was fortunate to get one (moreso than I thought). :ponder:

Hopefully it's just a blip in his schedule as summer is coming. I'm holding out hope that there will be a perfectly logical reason he's been away, and will be back soon. :)

He was here today.

Ok guys, no panic. I just took a month vacation on all things video game related, but I am back. Just in case you are wondering what I was doing, I am a big Star Trek fan (and I mean THE Star Trek, you know, that series from the 60s), so I was completely immersed in the new movie (which by the way is pretty good, I highly recommend it for fans and non-fans alike).

Anyway, my top priority now is to address game distribution. I and Luc are working hard to have all games available again in a week or two, including the much delayed PMC 2nd batch.

I apologize for the huge delay and thank you guys for your patience and understanding.

Eduardo

Guys, my suggestion is that unless you really want the yellow copy, don't buy anything on eBay. As far as I know we are not selling anything on eBay. The 2nd batch is coming, it will be shipped to Luc this week. PMC was created as a labor of love to celebrate retro gaming, not to make tons of money or any money at all.

A more thing: I will make sure that people selling their PMC yellow copies right now don't get any further limited editions in the future. I understand that you have the right to sell anything you own, but if the idea is to get limited editions just to sell them right away to make a quick buck, be assured you won't be getting any further limited editions from us. Those cartridges were supposed to end in the hands of collectors and retro gaming lovers, not scalpers. And believe me, we have ways to know who got what and who owns the game now....

Edited by opcode

Guys, my suggestion is that unless you really want the yellow copy, don't buy anything on eBay. As far as I know we are not selling anything on eBay. The 2nd batch is coming, it will be shipped to Luc this week. PMC was created as a labor of love to celebrate retro gaming, not to make tons of money or any money at all.

What do we need to do to get a copy from the 2nd batch (besides pay for it! : ])?

What do we need to do to get a copy from the 2nd batch (besides pay for it! : ])?

Please contact Pixelboy using private message. However I believe 2nd batch is already "taken up". All names at this point are going to batch #3, which should be due in 3 weeks or so. As I said, it is my top priority to get distribution back to normal.

Eduardo glad to hear you're back, and Opcode Games is still alive and well.

For those upset with the recent sellings of PMC on ebay, I can only apologize for the one I sold. I am a collector of all things ColecoVision as most of you know, and I had never intended on selling my copy. Unfortunately with the current state of the economy, specifically the automotive/heavy truck industry, (with which my employment is directly related to), times are a bit tough. Three weeks ago my company laid off almost 50% of our work force, and the rest of us have dropped 20% of our payable hours. According to the shareholders, we have enough cash in the bank to operate into the first of next year, but that's it, unless our customers start getting approval from their corporate offices for capitally funded projects. I understand that people who were not able to get a copy of the game due to the limited number of yellow cartridges that were produced are upset about being left out, but as I said, I didn't buy the game just to turn around and sell it. Some of you may have noticed that I have also sold off some other ColecoVision homebrews I had to help pay bills, and have been considering selling my ColecoVision P.O.P. kiosk if it comes down to it. So again, I apologize to anybody upset with me selling my copy.