IGNORED

7800 Super Pac-Man - I found the bug!

PacManPlus

That being said, I have fixed the 'monsters going through side doors' issue, and the first post has been updated.

Bob

Is this the one where they are above the tunnels and sort of float down over the tunnels and end up on the bottom of the tunnels? I just saw that one for the first time a little earlier today and I'm assuming that's what you are referring to.

Now to download the new version. :)

Mitch

They do what??????

I was just talking about how they went through the side door, even if the door was not open. I have never seen what you are referring to... :( Do you know how to replicate that?

@Breakpack - that should only happen on the first level, as that is the only level that the monsters retreat back to their corners. ;)

*EDIT* - Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't do (for me) what you described. Do you have the latest version I just posted last night?

*EDIT2* - Mitch, HammR25 - I put in a delay before the switch to the High Score Screen (update in first post). Please let me know if this is any better :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

That being said, I have fixed the 'monsters going through side doors' issue, and the first post has been updated.

Bob

Is this the one where they are above the tunnels and sort of float down over the tunnels and end up on the bottom of the tunnels? I just saw that one for the first time a little earlier today and I'm assuming that's what you are referring to.

Mitch

They do what??????

I was just talking about how they went through the side door, even if the door was not open. I have never seen what you are referring to... :( Do you know how to replicate that?

@Breakpack - that should only happen on the first level, as that is the only level that the monsters retreat back to their corners. ;)

*EDIT* - Actually, I just tried it and it doesn't do (for me) what you described. Do you have the latest version I just posted last night?

*EDIT2* - Mitch, HammR25 - I put in a delay before the switch to the High Score Screen (update in first post). Please let me know if this is any better :)

Bob

I'll try the new version when I get home tonight.

I only saw the tunnel problem once but it was very weird. One of the ghosts was coming down the left side of the screen and when it got to the tunnel, instead of going right and around the tunnel it just floated straight down through the tunnel area and continued down the left side of the screen on the other side of the tunnel. Sorry I don't remember which ghost it was, they were not blue at the time. I only saw it once so maybe the new build fixed it.

I'll let you know if I see it again.

Mitch

I'll have one please! Much as I like the 5200 version, it's just too easy, and I find myself passing stage 20 nearly every time I play it; the arcade version is much more difficult, and I hope yours is too (that not as difficult as 2600 Jr. Pac-Man...)

Are you kidding me? Surely you've noticed the one glaring problem in the 5200 version that makes it difficult... the ghost blue time & super-pac-time is way too short! (on the third stage it's basically all of two seconds worth per pill)

It's definitely better in this version :)

Edited by NE146

Bob

Mitch

They do what??????

Bob

D'oh,you're right.I didn't have the latest binary.This is superb!!!!

A few more observations (don't hate me... :sad: ):

The first level intermission:Is there a way to have the ghosts stop on the 'odd' shaped legs,then when Super Pac flies over switch to the 'spread apart' legs?That always stood out on the arcade for me as a kid,lol :) (EDIT:Just played the arcade and sometimes the legs are already spread apart before Super Pac flies across...So it's random how the ghosts legs stop in this intermission...sorry 'bout that! )

Any way to overlap the 'gate break as Super Pac' and the fruit 'wakawaka' sound effects so they don't cancel out?

Also,will the super speed button be mapped to both 7800 buttons on the controller?I get one button as super speed,but it may just be the emulator I'm using (Prosystem).

I also noticed in the arcade,if the slot machine is on, it will still rotate through the fruit as you're eating a ghost (while the 200,400,800,or 1600 is displayed).I noticed it stops in the 7800 version.

Again,this port is perfect now as far as I'm concerned!!You have my money for sure!!!!!!

Edited by Breakpack

Thanks, guys :)

@keitaro - there's actually no room for the High Score - I'm using a double-wide font because I got a few complaints that the score was too small in Pac-Man Collection :(

@Breakpack - the 7800 only has two voices, whereas the arcade game has 3 or even 4. So, with one being the siren, I'm only left with one other channel for everything else. So unfortunately those two sounds you mentioned have to share the same channel and cut off each other.

I continued the 'Slot Machine' while the points for the monsters are being shown. Update in first post. No Teddy Bear difficulty, unfortunately :(

I will make a PAL version once we are finalized :)

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

NE146: you may well think that, I couldn't possibly comment! I've recently played the arcade game, which was in a Ms. Pac-Man/Galaxian cabinet that had been converted to play 40-odd games, and with the stock Ms. Pac stick, I had great difficulty in maneuvering around the maze, whereas, irony of ironies, the 5200 version with a digital stick I find incredibly easy, short blue time and all.

Thanks Guys! :)

Ok, I have included the 1st PAL version in the first post. Also, I have made some new changes as well. So both bins are updated.

Breakpack, you'll be happy to know that the eyes don't leave the pen any more when you eat a blue monster inside of it. :)

Let me know if you find anything!

Bob

Edited by PacManPlus

Thanks Guys! :)

Ok, I have included the 1st PAL version in the first post. Also, I have made some new changes as well. So both bins are updated.

Breakpack, you'll be happy to know that the eyes don't leave the pen any more when you eat a blue monster inside of it. :)

Let me know if you find anything!

Bob

Cool. Thanks, Bob!

Hi Bob

Checked the Pal version with my CC2.Works well,but i found,maybe,a little bug.Sometimes,the ghosts stop moving,for a very little(less than 1 second)moment.Then they move normal again.

greetings Walter

That sounds like a kool bug.I think we should keep it ;)

@PMP Ok I'm gonna try the lateset.I'm salivating :D

edit:awesome as always!I did notice something,but it may just be emulator related.I see the bottom row of pixels changing color on the fruit that is level with Pac-Man as he starts the game.It only occurs when the slot machine is active as fruit inside the boxes rotate rapidly.Again,this just may be emulator related.

Two very minor things.I noticed the score adds up when you eat a ghost after the points that show on screen disappear instead of immediately as soon as you eat the blue ghost.Another thing is the time the points stay on screen as you eat the ghost.Its a big longer than the arcade.I noticed it on the demo screen when you eat all the keys,etc.Again,no big deal,as its part of the charm of the home port :D

Edited by Breakpack

edit:awesome as always!I did notice something,but it may just be emulator related.I see the bottom row of pixels changing color on the fruit that is level with Pac-Man as he starts the game.It only occurs when the slot machine is active as fruit inside the boxes rotate rapidly.Again,this just may be emulator related.

Hey Breakpack:

Yes, that is emulator-related. The color change happens on a later scanline on the real thing. :)

Hi Bob

Checked the Pal version with my CC2.Works well,but i found,maybe,a little bug.Sometimes,the ghosts stop moving,for a very little(less than 1 second)moment.Then they move normal again.

greetings Walter

As Chris said, they do stop and 'shake' on the real game (the siren stops as well while this is happening). Don't know if this is what you mean. If not, please let me know when it happens.

Thanks guys! :)