IGNORED

Atari CX40 usb joystick by Curt

Philsan

Jesus Christ...can't some people take a chill pill, Curt is recovering from major surgery for pete's sake...Curt will get back to work and sort things out when he's good and ready to

Or am I right in thinking that some people don't have that thing they call 'patience'

What we don't have is a tolerance for bandwagon jumpers telling us about the unfairness of life....

anyone who has not heard anything and has not personally contacted Curt is a fool. He has clearly said he lost orders.... Yours could be one of those.

Anyone that thinks I am being unreasonable, you are entitled to your opinion whether its relevant or not.

The people that need to chill out are the assclowns posting shit like the above. If you are happy not know wtf is going on, stick your head back in the sand and pipe down.

I posted weeks ago that Curt had contacted me, but the doofs just keep on coming. I'll post as often and about this where ever I please, and no amount of badgering from naive anonymous forum users can do shit about it....

I posted weeks ago that Curt had contacted me, but the doofs just keep on coming. I'll post as often and about this where ever I please, and no amount of badgering from naive anonymous forum users can do shit about it....

Oh yeah? Well I can track you down and poop in your soup when you're not looking. :D

I haven't ordered any joysticks. I'm waiting until Curt can make USB paddles if he doesn't get totally pissed off and take his ball and go home because of some of the posts in this thread. When I first heard about Legacy Engineering, I imagined that it was an actual company that had at least a couple of low-paid employees to do the hard work. I didn't know that Curt had to do everything himself. AtariAge has plenty of rich bastards browsing these forums, so maybe one benevolent Atari-loving rich bastards could back a truck full of money up to Curt's front door so he can hire some help and not get discouraged so he'll be more likely to make those paddles and other things like an Atari 2600 clone that takes classic cartridges and SD cards or something similar.

• 2 weeks later...

Am calling a "please stop" to anyone responding to "flamers" on this or related topics or any acknowledgement that they have posted at all. They can complain all they like here or anywhere else and it won't make a bit of difference. And if they don't stop, who gives a s**t. Consider the hand raised to them, the palm out, and the head turned.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been extremely patient with this whole process, but I do like to at least be informed about what's going on. I notice Curt is indeed a frequent user here, and has last posted yesterday.

I'm one of the unfortunate ones that he doesn't have the Google order for. I PM'd Curt on here about the status of my order on April 1st, and he PM'd me shortly afterwards (the same day) and asked me about a copy of my Google receipt. I PM'd back April 2nd with the information, and then - nada.

I waited until April 12th to PM him back, asking him if he had any update, or to simply get an acknowledgement of the PM I sent to him. I figured I would give him some slack since what he's been though, and waited until May 3rd to again follow-up. Again, nada.

Curt, I know you're busy and such, but is it much to ask for an acknowledgement? I know that you're busy, and I know my joysticks would eventually show up, but I just wanted a follow-up.... since I haven't gotten one in over a month on here, I'm posting this to where you'll hopefully read it.

I just want the joysticks, not a refund, and just want to know what the status of my order is....

I really do appreciate what you've done for the community. As a person who does projects myself (though not on the scale you do) such as TI-99/4A cartridge boards, I know of the work involved collecting payments, keeping track of what goes where, etc, and I admire you doing this on such a large scale.

Thanks.

I'm not in any rush, but are we supposed to be sending receipts to Legacy Engineering? I seem to remember someone saying something about some orders being lost, or something. I ordered a joystick on Jan. 12. Thanks for any info...

I'm not in any rush, but are we supposed to be sending receipts to Legacy Engineering? I seem to remember someone saying something about some orders being lost, or something. I ordered a joystick on Jan. 12. Thanks for any info...

Their page currently says:

October orders have been shipped, but I've received emails from some people who are not listed on Googlecheckout that have valid orders. If you ordered in October and haven't received your shipment, please email online.sales@legacyengineer.com with your order receipt and your mailing address.

November orders have started to ship, next delivery to the post office is scheduled.

So no I wouldn't send an order receipt yet. He only asked for those who ordered in October 2008 to send them.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
BUMP

Order Details - Oct 17, 2008 3:34 PM MST

Google Order #737212627108238

7 Months and counting.

I just hit the 7 month mark too!

Order Details - Nov 14, 2008 1:09 PM EST

Google order # 409644195112946

BUMP

Order Details - Oct 17, 2008 3:34 PM MST

Google Order #737212627108238

7 Months and counting.

I just hit the 7 month mark too!

Order Details - Nov 14, 2008 1:09 PM EST

Google order # 409644195112946

Almost 8 months here. Order #326743315128110 , Oct 26, 2008.

According to the Legacy Engineering main page, a new order system will go live June 30 and at that time, supposedly, any remaining open orders will be addressed. I'll keep my fingers crossed (but won't hold my breath).

- Ray Wilmott

FROM;

http://www.legacyengineer.com/store.html

I am in the process of setting up a new storefront and customer management system to better reign in open orders and questions from customers.

New storefront will go live June 30th and at that time not only will any open orders be handled, but also new orders for immediate shipment from stock will be available in limited quantities. Two new products available for immediate shipment will also be made available at that time as well. If you have a question, use the email address below, it may take several days to respond, please be patient. Information updates are also being posted onto the telephone line as well, however please do not leave your questions in a voicemail as they will not be responded to, only emails are being handled at this time, thank you.

I've been in email contact with Curt in the last few days and it appears there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Reading between the lines it looks like he may be receiving some much needed behind the scenes help, although I don't know this for sure.

I'm sure Curt would have put something up here, but I think his time is being devoured with catching up.

FROM;

I am in the process of setting up a new storefront and customer management system to better reign in open orders and questions from customers.

New storefront will go live June 30th and at that time not only will any open orders be handled, but also new orders for immediate shipment from stock will be available in limited quantities. Two new products available for immediate shipment will also be made available at that time as well. If you have a question, use the email address below, it may take several days to respond, please be patient. Information updates are also being posted onto the telephone line as well, however please do not leave your questions in a voicemail as they will not be responded to, only emails are being handled at this time, thank you.

I've been in email contact with Curt in the last few days and it appears there may be light at the end of the tunnel. Reading between the lines it looks like he may be receiving some much needed behind the scenes help, although I don't know this for sure.

I'm sure Curt would have put something up here, but I think his time is being devoured with catching up.

Awesome! I ordered 3 back in January. Can't wait to check them out.

Stephen Anderson

Two new products available for immediate shipment will also be made available at that time as well. These are the new "Retrofit kits" that will turn any Atari CX-40 joystick or Atari Flashback 2 joystick into a USB controlle

This is from the Legacy site as well.

Two new products available for immediate shipment will also be made available at that time as well. These are the new "Retrofit kits" that will turn any Atari CX-40 joystick or Atari Flashback 2 joystick into a USB controlle

This is from the Legacy site as well.

was that there before? I must have missed it.

Oh well, keep dreaming about the other stuff :sleep:

New Storefront News

The New storefront was set to go live June 30th but there are delays because many area's of the new storefront still need testing and configuration. The realtime USPS shipping connection system is still being tested. An SSL certificate for secure transactions is being installed and I am considering a different payment processing gateway to use, so I'm going to delay the store opening until July 15th.

Two new products available for immediate shipment will also be made available at that time as well. These are the new "Retrofit kits" that will turn any Atari CX-40 joystick or Atari Flashback 2 joystick into a USB controller.

I am also taking and manually entering all older Googlecheckout accounts and putting them into the new customer management system so that any remaining open orders from Oct-Jan of last years will be shipped and fulfilled. If you have a question, use the email address below, it may take several days to respond, please be patient. Information updates are also being posted onto the telephone line as well, however please do not leave your questions in a voicemail as they will not be responded to, only emails are being handled at this time, thank you.

"Retrofit kits" that will turn any Atari CX-40 joystick or Atari Flashback 2 joystick into a USB controller

Do you suppose this means that ANY Atari-compatible joystick will be able to be "retrofitted" for USB use? And do you figure it's a "permanent" retrofit, so that you'd have to sacrifice a joystick to become a USB controller, or more like an adaptor that plugs into the joystick? Anyone know?

Either way, that would be wonderful, to be able to use a Slick-Stick or a TAC-2 with an emulator!

Cheers,

Smeg