IGNORED

Atari CX40 usb joystick by Curt

Philsan

I have read through the posts, and I am intelligent enough to glean why the question is being asked.

You, however are clearly incapable of understanding english, and one of the rabid fanboys I mentioned.

Get your head out of your ass and stfu unless you can add something useful.....

I have read through the posts, and I am intelligent enough to glean why the question is being asked.

Apparently not, or you'd see it was answered already and your snide comments not needed.

You, however are clearly incapable of understanding english, and one of the rabid fanboys I mentioned.

LOL, I'm part of Legacy Engineering, which was clearly stated already and you also apparently missed. Hard to be a part of what you're accusing people of being a "fanboy" about, and be a "fanboy" at the same time. Am I a fan of myself? Most certainly. Go practice your attempted comebacks (and your reading skills) a bit more.

Oh yes, because your moronic posts and chiding just drip of usefulness. I'd say plenty of people count pointing out the question had already been answered before it was asked as being in the useful column, and moronic flame fanboy comments in the useless column. But that's fine, I can guarantee the stuff coming out of my ass smells better than the crap coming out of your mouth.

I got a lot of complaints and suggestions from people - stating that they were concerned with the cables pulling out during gameplay. I personally thought having a detachable cable would be a good choice for everyone, but a lot of people voiced their views so the cords were changed in later runs to be hardwired to address the complaints/suggestions, so there are mixes of older/newer versions. No, I am not swapping one version for another, whatever goes into the mailers, goes into the mailers.

Also for those who keep asking, shortly "Retrofit kits" will be available, which will be a direct replacement board for the internal FB2 controller board, its abouta 5 minute replacement. Also a "Retrofit Classic Kit" will also be coming out which will allow original Atari 2600 joysticks to be upgraded to USB. Another kit is the 5200 Trakball upgrade, it will be a controller replacement for 5200 trakballs to make them USB capable with the numeric keypads usable and the start/select/pause, fire buttons 1 & 2 usable. The retrofits will be available in May and the 5200 upgrade at the end of May, just want to clear the decks on the joysticks first, get them all out into people's hands.

Lastly is something which I'm keeping under wraps for 7800 gamers for the Summer, I have to talk with Pacmanplus about delivery of a non-Pac Man related game and when he'll have it ready so that this new accessory will be ready for it.

Curt

I demo model I saw at MGC had a detachable USB cable.

Tempest

I didn't take any offense, kinda caught me off guard when I first read it, but then I saw the smilie and figured it was just in jest.

Curt

Yes, the cable detaches from the back, just like any other USB-type device.

It's good to see people are actually starting to get them. I now have renewed hope that my money has gone to more than just paying Curt's medical bills. :)

He put a smilie at the end, so he must have been joking, but I can't find the joke in there anywhere. I would just chalk this one up to an awful sense of humor...

Sorry if that was offensive, but that's how the conversations with my wife have been going lately about the money I spent months ago, with nothing to show for it. And it's about to where it's too late to try to dispute it with my CC company if I decide to give up and try to get the money back. :(

So it sounds like people that ordered in October have received them. Any Novembers yet? Thanks!

You have one of Curt's joysticks in your possession and the cable detaches?

OMFG, he already posted pics of his with the cable detached you two nut jobs:

Not exactly. What Detacher did was post a picture that shows a joystick with a cable beside it. What it does NOT show is the back of the joystick with a female USB jack so I asked for a clarification -- from him, not you. With all due respect, if I wanted your input I would have asked you for it. Anyway, the reason for my inquiry is because the joystick I got from Legacy Engineering does NOT have a detachable cable and now that Curt has posted, we know why.

Unfortunately, I didn't get what I ordered (and judging by Curt's comment, I'm shit out of luck) nor did I get everything I paid for so I'm a little disappointed.

Ok, this is royalshin or a similar personality. Posts appear to match the profile. Can someone please oust him?

Golan if you don't like them - then return them for a refund for your purchase cost, so no, you're not "shit of luck".

Curt

Not exactly. What Detacher did was post a picture that shows a joystick with a cable beside it. What it does NOT show is the back of the joystick with a female USB jack so I asked for a clarification -- from him, not you. With all due respect, if I wanted your input I would have asked you for it. Anyway, the reason for my inquiry is because the joystick I got from Legacy Engineering does NOT have a detachable cable and now that Curt has posted, we know why.

Unfortunately, I didn't get what I ordered (and judging by Curt's comment, I'm shit out of luck) nor did I get everything I paid for so I'm a little disappointed.

Edited by Curt Vendel

Before you return it, you should seriously consider whether you want to give up a collector's item for its retail value. These are limited release and I'd be surprised if they don't increase in value if they haven't already.

Oh yes, because your moronic posts and chiding just drip of usefulness. I'd say plenty of people count pointing out the question had already been answered before it was asked as being in the useful column, and moronic flame fanboy comments in the useless column. But that's fine, I can guarantee the stuff coming out of my ass smells better than the crap coming out of your mouth.

Yes, it had been answered, by someone that doesn't *REALLY* know the answer. Now we see that they apparently do not have detachable cords (or at least there is no way to kow which you are getting)

So, if you are a part of Legacy Engineering, then why did you not know this revelation? Of course, you probably did and decided to to pile back on, because how dare someone question something on AtariAge? Why, we must be be made to see the light.

This is a fucking hobby, not a religion. There is no royalty, there is no blind trust. Its unfortunate that Curt has health problems that are clearly going to be lifelong, noone wishes that on anyone.

But if you cannot understand the frustration felt by the "non-believers" then you are wearing blinders. It seems the list of problems gets bigger.

What I would like to know is this:

Is Legacy Engineering a company? or is it a group of like-minded hobbyists doing something for cost.

If the answer is a company, you are a poor public face for them. It does not matter how much shit is flung, in customer service you address the issues only and try to bring peace to the situation. Your posts are inflammatory and insulting and imply that people "don't read the posts"

Also, if the answer is company, then there is a contractual obligation to deliver what is advertised in a timely fashion after accepting payment.

Curt: I personally hope you get/stay healthy and I don't care which sticks I recieve, but an ETA would be great.

Is Legacy Engineering a company?

They designed the Atari Flashback 2. Their website is here: http://legacyengineer.com/

Also, if the answer is company, then there is a contractual obligation to deliver what is advertised in a timely fashion after accepting payment.

Amazon takes orders for things that they can't necessarily deliver right away. I ordered something from a company that was on backorder before Christmas and just received it a few weeks ago. Some orders take time. Some people understand and feel for small companies when they know the people working there are good people, working hard, and will deliver. Some people would rather start a fuss because they get off making people pissed. The latter should be banned from AA imo.

Curt: I personally hope you get/stay healthy and I don't care which sticks I recieve, but an ETA would be great.

I know you didn't address that to me, but as I've posted before: http://legacyengineer.com/store.html

Current update on that page is:

All September pre-orders have been shipped,

October orders have been shipped, but I've received emails from some people who are not listed on Googlecheckout that have valid orders. If you ordered in October and haven't received your shipment, please email online.sales@legacyengineer.com with your order receipt and your mailing address.

November orders have started to ship, next delivery to the post office is scheduled.

BTW- I hear that pissing off Curt and Marty is a great way to get your stick gilded along with a back rub.

Yes, thank you for pointing me to the webpage where I ordered the joysticks from, it was most enlightening. Clearly I haven't been there and needed the url pointed out. I mean, why would I check the site where I ordered it from? I certainly would not have looked there first.

I am also aware of who designed the flashback 2, My questions were somewhat rhetorical. See it can't be both ways, alot of people here have tried to tell me this is not a business.... It clearly is.

Anyway, I am going to assume that now that my lost order has been found and Curt and I have exhanged emails, that my stuff will arrive shortly.

If someone wants to ban me from AA, go for it. My concerns are valid, I think waiting until about 10 days ago to start asking was pretty damn patient on my part.

This is what I received:

aV1iXmSJ.jpg

I really wanted joysticks with a USB port rather than an attached cable which was why I ordered from LE. To be completely honest, I'm a surprised and dismayed that I'm being made to feel like I'm the bad guy even though I paid promptly and waited patiently for six months to receive what I ordered. I'm hopeful that Curt will be able to find a way to sort this out.

BTW- I hear that pissing off Curt and Marty is a great way to get your stick gilded along with a back rub.

I don't know what that is suppose to mean but it doesn't sound flattering and casts a negative light on Legacy Engineering. Is that really the impression you want to give? It doesn't see helpful.

Everyone has been great with the support, those who've questioned, or complained or are disappointed... plain and simple - cancel your order, I don't need the BS, aggrevation or "the money for my medical bills" so cancel and take your money back and move on.

I have a backlog of those waiting in line for new joystick orders if I decide to be insane enough to do this again. So I'll have no problem selling your sticks to someone else, so do everyone, especially me a favor - here is the email:

online.sales@legacyengineer.com

Send a copy of your order receipt, and your mailing address and state you'd like to cancel. --

TA DA!!!

Your order will be canceled and I'll toss the mailer back in the bin and sell it to someone else, so I've basically had enough with this crap - delays from asshole China sources, my health going to shit not once, not twice, but three friggin times.

Its been 10 friggin weeks and I'm back and working, I get winded going up to the end of the driveway to bring the cans up to the curb, but I'm managing and trying to get back into things again - I don't need any further bullsh*t or high blood pressure, so cancel and let someone else get the stick(s) as I have had enough of the bickering, arguing and so forth.

So that's all I have left to say on the matter.

Curt

Yes, thank you for pointing me to the webpage where I ordered the joysticks from, it was most enlightening.

It seemed that you needed it.

Clearly I haven't been there and needed the url pointed out.

Yet you kept asking questions that were answered there after you already got what you wanted.

I mean, why would I check the site where I ordered it from? I certainly would not have looked there first.

So you are basically asking questions to attempt to flame LE?

I am also aware of who designed the flashback 2, My questions were somewhat rhetorical.

Rhetorical questions are for the purpose of teaching (even if you are being sarcastic while stating them). However your questions did not teach anything, even sarcastically.

See it can't be both ways, alot of people here have tried to tell me this is not a business.... It clearly is.

LE is a small business consisting of a few people that frequent AA. Point us to one post where someone stated that it is not a business.

Anyway, I am going to assume that now that my lost order has been found and Curt and I have exhanged emails, that my stuff will arrive shortly.

You got what you wanted but decided to continue to flame their company along with everyone that appreciates LE?

If someone wants to ban me from AA, go for it. My concerns are valid, I think waiting until about 10 days ago to start asking was pretty damn patient on my part.

But why continue asking questions that you knew the answers to? The reason I was suggesting you be banned was that you seem intent on making people angry in this topic. If you are validly just an upset customer of LE, I apologize. But your attempts at being demeaningly sarcastic, calling people fanboys and asking questions that you know the answer to just to flame them is not cool.

I really think you have probably been banned from AA before, as the behavior you are exhibiting seems to match it. I apologize if I'm wrong. I'm often wrong.

Edited by Fort Apocalypse

I don't know what that is suppose to mean but it doesn't sound flattering and casts a negative light on Legacy Engineering. Is that really the impression you want to give? It doesn't see helpful.

I was being sarcastic. Curt will not dip your stick in gold (gild it) or give you a back rub (a massage of your back), and neither will Marty. At least I didn't see those two options on the google checkout.

I was only trying to say that flaming them on this thread is not a good way to make friends or handle customer service concerns. As everyone has stated many, many times over, they're great guys, and they certainly don't deserve to be flamed.

I was only trying to say that flaming them on this thread is not a good way to make friends or handle customer service concerns.

Might I inquire as to what it is that I said that you consider "flaming"? It appears that expressing any form of dissent is interpreted as flaming in what is beginning to appear to be a cult of personality.

Well, I have no intention of canceling my order. I can't wait to get the sticks and am still excited about them. My order was one of the ones that was lost, but I have forwarded the receipt and trust that the sticks will be in my eager little hands soon enough. One for play and one for mod-city!

Every attempt to satisfy you has been met with more aggression, you were told why things happened and you clearly expressed disbelief and had a tantrum. Then you got friends to come and do the same.

You cried scam and crook and were advised what was true and told how to verify it... you did neither and continued to argue and complain and eluded to all manner of impropriety.

When you keep committing the same actions expecting a different result it is by definition insanity so we told you about a different method of communication (telephone) so that you might get a different result.

also not received well....

It would seem that whatever form of info is given there is a flame like response....

I have no doubt had you received the detachable version and inadvertently yanked it out you would be screaming about it and going on and on and on and on.

No matter what you will be unhappy. No matter how you are told you take offense. No matter what you receive you are discontent. It has always been simple... cancle or return... but you couldn't do that either. It is obvious to all you are not here to do anything but cause dissension and dismay....

moderator please take action, anyone wish to second this motion?

I was only trying to say that flaming them on this thread is not a good way to make friends or handle customer service concerns.

Might I inquire as to what it is that I said that you consider "flaming"? It appears that expressing any form of dissent is interpreted as flaming in what is beginning to appear to be a cult of personality.