IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

The new download content was announed finally and they sound AWESOME!!!!!

But you want to know why I am still VERY PISSED!!!!!!!!!!!

The PC is getting an exclusive "G.E.C.K. editor" where you can make your own missions, characters, landscapes, dialogue, etc. Why did they make this only for the PC?!?!?!?!??! :x :x :x :x :x

There are several 360 games that include editors. I once tried out the Far Cry one. Was too much like work. I want to play a game, not work on putting a game together! I tried a few of the levels people had made and posted. They sucked pretty hard. Consoles are for gaming IMO without a keyboard and mouse the editors we do have are time consuming and clunky. Sure I wouldn't care if they are thrown in for free but my guess is history has shown game producers, it's not worth the time, effort or $$ developing editing tools for consoles.

Don't get me wrong, if there were some sort of rating system for fan created missions, I'd love to try them out. I just don't think the editors work so easily on a console as they do on a PC.

There are several 360 games that include editors. I once tried out the Far Cry one. Was too much like work. I want to play a game, not work on putting a game together! I tried a few of the levels people had made and posted. They sucked pretty hard. Consoles are for gaming IMO without a keyboard and mouse the editors we do have are time consuming and clunky. Sure I wouldn't care if they are thrown in for free but my guess is history has shown game producers, it's not worth the time, effort or $$ developing editing tools for consoles.

Don't get me wrong, if there were some sort of rating system for fan created missions, I'd love to try them out. I just don't think the editors work so easily on a console as they do on a PC.

I don't care for editors, either.

But this is Fallout we're talking about!!!!!

Gotta question.

I'm done with the ant exterminator mission, so I decided to go to that church acessible from the subway station. I talked to some BoS member "Hoss", and turned down his Initiate mission(since I was low on ammo), and him & his buddy ran off. Should I go back a save & do that mission? Is it worth doing that one? Or can I re-do that mission later?

The new download content was announed finally and they sound AWESOME!!!!!

Tobad I'm unable to care since I refuse to update my dashboard.

You'll be missing out on THREE good campaigns. All with new weapons, storylines, characters, landscapes, etc.

My favorite will be the 'military simulation' of the invasion and then reconquest of Anchorage, Alaska. The friggin' BATTLE OF ANCHORAGE!!!! I can't wait to take on those commies!!!!

You'll be missing out on THREE good campaigns. All with new weapons, storylines, characters, landscapes, etc.

Are these going to be single player?

I dunno. Maybe I'll buy another 360. Arcade, or maybe a used one from a pawn shop if the content is good enough. Beyond that, I refuse to update my dash on my primary unit, no matter what I'm missing out on.

NM......i just cheated

<smack>

CHEATER!!

Anywho, you'll be in for some surprizes on this. Good luck on completing it fully. :|

Edited by Artlover

Are these going to be single player?

What else would they be?

With as hard as MS likes to push their Live service, and considering they paid big for it and the right to exclusivity (suck it, PS3 :P ) it wouldn't surprize me at all for them to write in multi player functionality to tailor DLC around. Honestly, I'm surprized that people haven't complained about F3 being singler player.

I could see it being possible in a GTA4'ish or co-op style setting.

Still no luck finding the family. However, using some mentats, I was able to finally repair the pipes in Megaton, helped the junkie dude there, and I found the bite marks on the West's. But, the old guy still doesn't give me any additional info and still only mentions just the three initial spots I've already checked. The only one of those areas with anything sizable you can do anything with, is the Seneca Station which is very short and has virtually nothing in there. The Hideaway was better but still just scorpions and like one punk I took care of. And the Moonbeam Drive-in. has nothing but some really big brutes with mini-gatlings that try and waste me.

I think I much have done something odd or out of order and now I'm hosed on this mission until I happen upon the family by accident. And it was because of crap like this that I stopped playing Oblivion on the PC. Missions would get hosed due to my exploration and it was just frustration after frustration.

and I found the bite marks on the West's. But, the old guy still doesn't give me any additional info and still only mentions just the three initial spots I've already checked.
I just realized something. If you examine the family that is in that shack, you might not be given that all important clue if one of your skills isn't high enough (and if you're just starting, it won't be).

Artlover is correct, if your medical skill is not high enough you won't be able to determine the 'true' cause of death, which affects the dialog choices.

You can still find the family through exploration. Here is how:

At Northwest Seneca station you need to search for the manhole that leads into the Meresti Tunnels.

I talked to some BoS member "Hoss", and turned down his Initiate mission(since I was low on ammo), and him & his buddy ran off. Should I go back a save & do that mission? Is it worth doing that one? Or can I re-do that mission later?

I don't think you can do it again if you turned him down. That being said he is not a major player in the scheme of things, and apparently interacting with him has been said to possibly cause some serious bugs.

and I found the bite marks on the West's.

Not the true cause of death. ;)

and I found the bite marks on the West's. But, the old guy still doesn't give me any additional info and still only mentions just the three initial spots I've already checked.
I just realized something. If you examine the family that is in that shack, you might not be given that all important clue if one of your skills isn't high enough (and if you're just starting, it won't be).

Artlover is correct, if your medical skill is not high enough you won't be able to determine the 'true' cause of death, which affects the dialog choices.

Yeah, I loaded up an older save and tried this. Sure enough, it does effect dialogue. I thought it didn't, but I was confused with a later run through. Sorry everyone.

You can still find the family through exploration. Here is how:

At Northwest Seneca station you need to search for the manhole that leads into the Meresti Tunnels.

Ah, right. I keep forgetting about those damned things. Yeah, you CAN get "there" from there afterall. :dunce: Tho it's easier to just go there directly. ;)

Nope still nothing. my medical skill sits at 38 with mentats. When I look at the Wests... and activate on them, it just tells me there is nothing else to be found. And still no change in the dialog with the old guy.

I did visit farther North at get to Paradise Falls. I also found a drain or something outside it, but when I clicked on it, the game says I'm too big to fit in there?!

The only other thing I found that I hadn't found before in the Seneca station was the Food machine. I also finally hacked into the terminal in the old grocery store. But I hadn't previously picked the lock on the safe to it didn't really matter.

I think I'm going to have to come back to this one later. But then again, I don't have any other missions asked of me aside from finding the family and delivery of the message.

I do still need to get to the playground for Moria, but I'm not near combat ready enough in the game to even get halfway there, to say nothing of being able to survive there long enough to get the middle of Minefield and do whatever. Still, I'm curious what I might find there. Might just have to sneak the whole way.. but what a long long hike.