IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

Finally decided to finish it....even though I probably had a few quests left and about 5 locations undiscovered. The ending and the lead-up to it was bad-ass!!!! Everything was so friggin' awesome. I started a new character who's going to go the 'good' path and be a dipshit goody two-shoes.

I think even though I was evil as hell....the way I finished it was like redeeming myself. I coulda went the other way but I didn't. But I did do 'you know what' to the purifier....so in effect I may have been a saviour...but in the end a monster, still. :D

I saved inside the Rotunda just in case I wanted to check out some other possible outcomes.

Plus........you can't enslave kids like I was hoping. :( It was just for that one mini-quest, I guess.

It's gonna be hella hard now that I'm a goody two-shoes........now I'm going to be scrounging for caps and ammo like crazy. Instead of just blowing everyone away and taking everything by force.

There's a robot thingy-ma-jig there that said the password was easy. I failed and got locked out of it.

I don't understand why this happens to people.

When you fail the 3rd guess. Exit the terminal, then start again.

That seems like cheating.........unless it gives you a whole new set of words each time.

of course it gives a whole new set of words--it's still cheating, but there are no rules in the wasteland.

I think even though I was evil as hell....the way I finished it was like redeeming myself. I coulda went the other way but I didn't. But I did do 'you know what' to the purifier....so in effect I may have been a saviour...

If you call that being a saviour. D

on't you have to save someone to be a saviour?

:ponder: :P

Know what I hate about the game. Is that there are several places where there is something that can be done, or something can be picked up. Things that involve your stats and later quests. But you only ever get ONE chance to do it.

Like Vault 101 and Raven Rock. Once you leave, you can NEVER go back. EVER. It sucks because more often then not, you never realize you could have done it, or needed it till after the fact. I could stand it a little more if it wasn't at the very start of the game before you even know what you're getting into. That's kind of a cheap place to f--k you over at.

it's still cheating, but there are no rules in the wasteland.

I dunno, I don't see it as cheating. Come on. It would be sooooooooooooo hard and time consuming to actually try to get some of these hacks in 4 guesses. In fact, I swear I've come across at least one, that based on the clues, was impossible to open with full words. (I say that because maybe a single symbol would have unlocked the code?? None of the words left would.)

In any case, Fallout 3 is like Oblivion, you find sneaky ways to aid you in your quest. Sure maybe they are underhanded? (Constantly being in sneak mode and just walking into a corner until you sneak is at 100% (Oblivion) or running back and forth in and out of doors as your AP recharges (Fallout 3) ....but as long as the game allows it, I say it's not cheating.

BTW did I mention I love this game? I'm at Littlelamp right now. What a great little town.

BTW again, You ever notice that when someone starts a thread about any game...Like say Far Cry or Burnout the thread gets 6 or 12 responses if you're lucky and threads about games made by Bethesda get like 12 pages of responses? Man these guys kick ass.

Edited by moycon

I think even though I was evil as hell....the way I finished it was like redeeming myself. I coulda went the other way but I didn't. But I did do 'you know what' to the purifier....so in effect I may have been a saviour...

If you call that being a saviour. D

on't you have to save someone to be a saviour?

:ponder: :P

Know what I hate about the game. Is that there are several places where there is something that can be done, or something can be picked up. Things that involve your stats and later quests. But you only ever get ONE chance to do it.

Like Vault 101 and Raven Rock. Once you leave, you can NEVER go back. EVER. It sucks because more often then not, you never realize you could have done it, or needed it till after the fact. I could stand it a little more if it wasn't at the very start of the game before you even know what you're getting into. That's kind of a cheap place to f--k you over at.

You can go back to Vault 101 for that 'Trouble on the Homefront' mission......but after that second time back.......there's no coming back........unless you finish it a different way than I did. :twisted:

BTW again, You ever notice that when someone starts a thread about any game...Like say Far Cry or Burnout the thread gets 6 or 12 responses if you're lucky and threads about games made by Bethesda get like 12 pages of responses? Man these guys kick ass.

I'm eagerly awaiting the DLC they will make for Fallout 3. How long before the downloads started coming in for Oblivion?

I am proud to report some tales of success from the wasteland:

1. I assembled my first nuka-grenade. Why? I wanted to kill those 3 talon mercs at the mart. One grenade killed 2 instantly, and set the 3rd on fire. He went down easily.

2. I found dogmeat. Wow is he nearly immortal. He was set on fire(no harm done), accdentially got crit from me(no harm done). Plus, he finds stuff for you.

3. No way in hell am I getting a mine back to Moria. One mine blast and my arm was gone. Didn't find the guy guarding the place. Looted his stuff & left.

4. While enemies aren't respawning in the Elementary school, I swear the stimpaks are! Each time I go there, I find more & more stimpaks. Yep, I will be frequently vistiing there.

5. I have the radiation regeneration ability, but it seems useless. I have to get my rads up to heal a limb? That sounds like it's asking for trouble.

6. Got my Agility up one point, let's see if I get some APs now. Might try that in/out door trick described above.

Ah that's one great thing about this game. You can spend hours getting supplies & your health up, only to have a couple raiders knock you down in seconds.

3. No way in hell am I getting a mine back to Moria. One mine blast and my arm was gone. Didn't find the guy guarding the place. Looted his stuff & left.

If your charisma and speech are high enough....go back to her and a choice of what to say will come up that will be a lie. Just choose the lie and say you went to the minefield. That's what I did.

The sniper guarding the minefield is Arkansas. I only found that out when he was given to me as a target for the slavers.

I'm eagerly awaiting the DLC they will make for Fallout 3. How long before the downloads started coming in for Oblivion?

There's a lot of complaining about downloadable content on the PS3 side of the house over at the Bethesda forum. I simply can't understand their arguements of "it's not fair, Bethesda doesn't care about ps3 owners, I'm never buying your products again"

Seems pretty simple to me. M$ payed money to have custom DLC developed for their platforms, and sony didn't.

That's not to say PS3 will never get DLC, they just won't get the one M$ payed for.

As somebody who writes custom software for a living, it seems awfully simple, and I'm sure that any ps3 fan with enough money could simply pay bethesda to turn out some extra content for their system... (of course without sony getting in on it, it really can't be downloadable)

The sniper guarding the minefield is Arkansas. I only found that out when he was given to me as a target for the slavers.

yeah, or when you wander in there and target him his name is in red.

you mean somebody would have *PAYED* me to kill him? That's a favor I did the world for free.

Edited by Reaperman

If your charisma and speech are high enough....go back to her and a choice of what to say will come up that will be a lie. Just choose the lie and say you went to the minefield. That's what I did.

I actually went to the minefield, but I still had to lie to Moria about something, but passed it regardless. I don't have the perk of being able to detect & avoid mines just yet. I'm betting there's plenty to loot from in the area, but it's not my time yet.

I'm surprised mr Burke(the blow up the bomb guy) has a house, and yet I'm not skilled enough to pick said lock. I've found my share of locks that require a blatant 100 lockpick skill to even try to open. Guess I'll go back to it later.

speaking of Mr. Burke, anybody

who disarmed the bomb (and let him go)

found out where he went?

He didn't go back to Tenpenny Tower. I had expected to see him there, since he lives there and all.

yeah, or when you wander in there and target him his name is in red.

you mean somebody would have *PAYED* me to kill him? That's a favor I did the world for free.

Not to kill him.....dead slaves=no money

They pay you to throw a slave collar on him and send him to Paradise Falls.

If your charisma and speech are high enough....go back to her and a choice of what to say will come up that will be a lie.

If your explosives skill is high, just walk up to the mine and disarm it. Not only will you get experience (This is great in areas where there are like 20 mines laying around) but you get to keep the mine!!

If your charisma and speech are high enough....go back to her and a choice of what to say will come up that will be a lie.

If your explosives skill is high, just walk up to the mine and disarm it. Not only will you get experience (This is great in areas where there are like 20 mines laying around) but you get to keep the mine!!

Just how do you safely walk up to a mine? I got a quick beep when I was snoopin' around, and bam, arm disabled.

Just how do you safely walk up to a mine? I got a quick beep when I was snoopin' around, and bam, arm disabled.

Like I said, bump up your explosives skill. I have mine pretty high. I think at like 60+ maybe? I'd have to check. Actually that mine-field I visited early on so my skill probably wasn't even that high. Still when you bump up your explosives skill, the beeping goes on much longer for one so you can safely get to, and disarm the bomb easily. You just point your crosshairs down, walk at it and hit the "A" button when the disarm text pops up. After that, just pick it up. With a high Explosive skill, the mines do more damage as well. Make some bottlecap mines, so far there have been few opponents that can stand a blast like that. I had 4 super muts after me when I left the Museam of Natual History (AKA Ghoul town), I dropped a few flack and bottlecap mines down before quickly turning the corner of the building I was near and waited for them to come round and get some. *BOOM* I had to finish the last couple off with a few shots of my weapon. Poor fellas. Another neat trick I encounted in the Robo-Factory or whatever it's called (and this was after I got my ass handed to me so I knew what was coming I'll make it a spoiler for those that haven't gone through the old Robot factory.

I simply dropped a flack bomb directly next to all the Robots laying around on the floor. Later when I reprogramed the mainframe and all the robots came to life *BOOM* they either died outright or only needed a quick shot ot two to take down. Made getting back out of the factory a piece of cake!

Edited by moycon

I still have only played CoD: World at War once....the day I bought it.

Fallout 3 is just SOOOOO engaging.

I just found some other places that I probably wouldn't have found if I hadn't visited the Vaul-Tec building. I downloaded the Vault locations and went to Vault 108. lol lol lol lol "I'm Garrrryyyyyyy"

Like I said, bump up your explosives skill. I have mine pretty high. I think at like 60+ maybe?

Mine was pretty low, in the low 30s I believe. I just angled my view down and ran up on the mines while slapping A as fast as possible. Worked nearly every time.

Same here.

My explosive skill is at 25, and I could still disarm mines.

Tho I notice not all mines are the same. Some you can sneak up on and get the disarm prompt, others just go off. I suppose a higher explosive skill makes it easier to sneak up on more mines is all. :ponder:

Anywho... I started a whole new game under a different profile, taking with me all that I know now into it. Boy does it make it easier. Not missing anything, almost upto level 5 after less then 2 hours of play, decent weapons and armor that I didn't even have to buy, decent amount of caps.

I'll tell you, when your helping that woman write the survival guide,

it really does pay to go the extra mile and do the optional bonus things for anything she asks you to do where as doing the minimum she asks actually costs you in the end.

I'll tell you, when your helping that woman write the survival guide,

it really does pay to go the extra mile and do the optional bonus things for anything she asks you to do where as doing the minimum she asks actually costs you in the end.

Oh hell yeah, I found that out right away.

And being a mean bastard to her and stopping the whole thing can be pretty detrimental to a character depending how advanced the character is. You can get some good stuff.

I have the radiation regeneration ability

Yes, you must have rad poisoning for it to work. Something over 400 I think. The trade off is you take an endurance hit, but your limbs grow back. Can be pretty handy.

Edited by remowilliams

I suppose a higher explosive skill makes it easier to sneak up on more mines is all. :ponder:

Right AND the mines and grenades you use do more damage. I guess that's why they call it the Explosive skill. In any case it came in very handy when I was alone and Super Mutes were after me. Now that I have a

Super Mutant buddy

tagging along with me.

(I saved him from a cell and he's dedicated his life to me)

I don't really have to fight anymore. He's taken everything we encounter down with that kick-ass gun he has pretty quick. I don't have time to pull up a mine or grenade anymore, much less place it on the ground. He took down like 8 Super Mutes pretty much by himself. I've seen him get hurt once when he got nailed a couple times in a hallway with some missles, he lost 3 or 4 ticks off his life bar, but by the time he ran back over to me, he was healed. I guess when you get a buddy you just don't have to battle anymore?? Kinda takes the edge off the game.

Edited by moycon

I like running into random funny encounters in the Wastes. I found a group of Raiders that had pillaged an Enclave supply drop and each raider had a piece of Power Armor on and it made them look funny. Especially the one just wearing an Enclave helmet. Needless to say....I slaughtered them all.

I found a way to cheat on some achievements but I will not do it because I plan on playing the game multiple times anyways. If you're getting close to the level up achievements, just save and then redo it again....but with different karma.....saves you time if you don't care to play the game multiple times....................but who WOULDN'T want to play multiple times. :cool:

Can someone point me in the right direction.....I keep hearing about the ghoul town....the Underworld....that its somewhere in the DC metro area....but I have yet to find it. I'm not talking about the small ghoul habitation by Tenpenny Towers, though.

Can someone point me in the right direction.....I keep hearing about the ghoul town....the Underworld....that its somewhere in the DC metro area....but I have yet to find it. I'm not talking about the small ghoul habitation by Tenpenny Towers, though.

sure.

it's in a history museum near the washington monument--not the science museum but the history one. there's a ghoul with a rifle on patrol out front, can't miss it. There's some nice stuff in the non-city half of the museum too ;)

Edited by Reaperman

How the heck did you get to level 5 in 2 hours of gameplay? Did you play at the hardest level, which gives you more xp per kill? I've been playing for 12 hours(first time), and now I'm at level 5.

Felt bad I didn't properly take the opportunity to use the protector robot to raise hell on the raiders in the supermarket.

How the heck did you get to level 5 in 2 hours of gameplay? Did you play at the hardest level, which gives you more xp per kill? I've been playing for 12 hours(first time), and now I'm at level 5.

Nope. Just playing it through on the same level as before - Normal. Since you get experience with everything you do, it's not very hard. Especially if you load up on Swift Leaner perks. Just don't skip anything. Before you even take the G.O.A.T., you better be picking stuff up. There is alot of shit up for grabs and skill building to be had before leaving the Vault.

I'm playing to be a very good character again, and this time around, being more methodical about it, I'm leveling up even faster then playing as a bastard killing everyone and everything in my path. The key is not to skip anything that can give you a lot of skill. ;)

Felt bad I didn't properly take the opportunity to use the protector robot to raise hell on the raiders in the supermarket.

Don't feel bad.

All Protectrons are a trap. So are a lot of turrets for that matter.