IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

Felt bad I didn't properly take the opportunity to use the protector robot to raise hell on the raiders in the supermarket.

Don't feel bad.

Seriously don't. I did this and he lasted all of 5 seconds before being blown away. Raising hell wasn't the word I'd use to describe it. :cool:

Can someone point me in the right direction.....I keep hearing about the ghoul town....the Underworld....that its somewhere in the DC metro area....but I have yet to find it. I'm not talking about the small ghoul habitation by Tenpenny Towers, though.

sure.

it's in a history museum near the washington monument--not the science museum but the history one. there's a ghoul with a rifle on patrol out front, can't miss it. There's some nice stuff in the non-city half of the museum too ;)

It figures. :roll:

Thats the one mission I have yet to go on........the 'Stealing Independence' mission where you have to go to the history museum. So I've never really gone into the museum except once for about a minute or two.

In all but one case, anytime I activated a robot all it did was

try to kill me

. In that one case where it didn't, all it did was walk around being annoying. :ponder:

You know that if it's a Protectron in the Metro

and you have a Metro ticket on you, the robot will scan it and tell you to have a nice day.

:D

To recap on this point a second time. It seems like it's only that one paticular Protectron that this applies too.

Other Metro Protectron's don't seem to care if you have a ticket and will kill you all the same.

You can go back to Vault 101 for that 'Trouble on the Homefront' mission......but after that second time back.......there's no coming back........unless you finish it a different way than I did. :twisted:

Indeed you can. I just finished it, both ways. Either way, you're getting f--ked. Well, maybe not quite as bad for the latter if you have enough speech skill to lie.

Raising hell wasn't the word I'd use to describe it. :cool:

Yeah, Protectrons aren't exactly masters of combat.

You won't be seeing anything even remotely like this, for instance. :D

You got that right. What is that demo from, an unreleased version of the game or something? :P

seriously, you guys get attacked by the protectrons you activate? that's never happened to me in the supermarket or tunnels. Granted I've only activated maybe 3-4 of them. they all activate green for me. maybe it's some kind of a character skill, karma or base-level science thing?

One protectron actually did a right nice job of clearing out some metro tunnel rats for me. of course I had animal friend so they wouldn't have harmed me anyway, but it was fun to watch.

Edited by Reaperman

seriously, you guys get attacked by the protectrons you activate?

I think it's just some of them, or at least that particular one anyways is one I've run across.

You hack a terminal, activate the ticket taking program and the robot malfunctions. The robot demands you show him a ticket or he will try and kill you.

I think I'm a dumbass or something but I thought the National Archives was the History Museum. I guess I was wrong. The Ghoul underworld escapes me yet again. :x

I just now found the Lincoln Memorial and the guy was like stay on the dirt path and you won't get shot.....so I stayed on the dirt path and made my way into the memorial and.................rattatattatattatata.....they start attacking. I guess I'm just supposed to look..........not enter.

Okay, I have a dumb question. I never seem to be able to get a VATS shot. "Accept" is always grayed out. I only got to do it a few times. Any reason why for this? Even when I haven't been hit, or I'm sneaking up on someone(they don't notice me), I still can't do it. Ugh. Sooo, what do I do?

Bad & good news today. Cleared the minefield. Those mines are a pain to get rid of/steal. At one point dogmeat died after disappearing for awhile. Reload a saved game. I kill some mole rats, and go back to megaton, and lo and behold, Dogmeat returns after being gone for like 20 minutes. Strange.

I decide to fast travel back to Bethesda Ruins, thinking it was the way I left it(inside untouched, just 1 sniper). Nope, I'm ambushed and there's mines around me. I die in less than a minute. WTF. Oh well.

Random shit.....found the ghoul underworld...and my new homie, Charon.

i'm wondering how good using a stealth boy is against deathclaws because I really need to get into Old Olney.

another random quest that got finished without me even starting it was 'Agatha's Song'.......I just happened to have a small violin and i sold it to Abraham Washington and all of the sudden....BAM.....quest completed.............???? I didn't even know I was on a quest.

right now Im looking for some runaway slaves for the slavers at the Lincoln Memorial.......too bad they don't even give me a ghost of a hint of where to start looking.

Random shit.....found the ghoul underworld...and my new homie, Charon.

right now Im looking for some runaway slaves for the slavers at the Lincoln Memorial.......too bad they don't even give me a ghost of a hint of where to start looking.

How do you "grab" a slave to give to a slaver? I found a slaver(friendly, but won't converse) and a fleeing slave in the scrapyard, but how do I do the evil deed? How do I unite them to get cash/whatever?

How do you "grab" a slave to give to a slaver? I found a slaver(friendly, but won't converse) and a fleeing slave in the scrapyard, but how do I do the evil deed? How do I unite them to get cash/whatever?

Speak to Grouse....the guard outside of Paradise Falls. Mince words with him and eventually he'll give you the Mesmetron and a slave collar.

You basically aim it point blank at someone and fire. Then while they're zonked out.....talk to them and tell them to wear the collar. Then go back and visit Grouse and he'll compensate you and give you another slave collar.

another random quest that got finished without me even starting it was 'Agatha's Song'.......I just happened to have a small violin and i sold it to Abraham Washington and all of the sudden....BAM.....quest completed.............???? I didn't even know I was on a quest.

Just because a quest is "completed" doesn't mean it was completed. A quest will end once anything happens to a critical item relating to it even if it's not part of the quest. Agatha's Song only has one propper solution to complete it, yet there is 3 things you can do with the violin, 2 of which break the actual quest and make it impossible to complete correctly. You also screw yourself out of some good ammo if you didn't atleast start Agatha's Song before you did this.

seriously, you guys get attacked by the protectrons you activate?

I think it's just some of them, or at least that particular one anyways is one I've run across.

You hack a terminal, activate the ticket taking program and the robot malfunctions. The robot demands you show him a ticket or he will try and kill you.

If you guys say so. :ponder:

But personally, I've only ever had one NOT try to kill me, the one I powered up in the Metro station and that's only because I had a Metro ticket.

The one in Super Duper Mart tried to me after I powered it up, all the ones in the tunnels that were already activated try to kill me (despite having a ticket), all the ones I run into in the Wasteland try to kill me. Forgot were, but I had powered up a couple in other places too, and they also tried to kill me. About the only way I see powering up one could be helpfull is to activate it, then run away and get the hell out of it's sight and hide somewhere before it initializes. Maybe it will pick off a bunch of enemies, then you can jump up and kill it and whats left of the enemies that it missed. I do this in the tunnels, because sometimes they do sorta help with a few mutants.

If you guys say so. :ponder:

Yep I say so, Ran into one a few hours ago and ran his maintenece routine.

He stated he was going into some security mode and to show him an Employee ID. Luckily I had found one on a corpse in that very room. He didn't touch me or my buddy. Basically listen to what the robot is saying. If he wants you ticket, be sure and have a Metro Ticket in your inventory. If he wants an ID, have an ID with you. If it malfunctions, I dont think it matters, it'll try and kill you. I've turned on about 3 that haven't tried to engage me at all as long as I had what he wanted. They aren't that tough though really. I dunno it's worth bothering with.

I like how I ran into the talon raiders no less than 3 times. I go to the sewer station, and we "throw down". I assume I'm safe from them for the next couple of days. Nope, I fast travel to the super duper mart, there's 3 more of 'em.

Now I just want to get the "Them!" mission done. I was sniping the ants, and left Dogmeat at home. Dogmeat before bravely ran off and tried to get a fire ant worker, who was way out my range, and perished. I had more fun sniping them, keeping that random runner guy(that kids dad?) safe. Now I gotta go in.

Fast Travel pisses me off.

Why in the hell does it drop you off right in the middle of a bunch of enemies. Like the shacks up north inhabited by super mutants. If you fast travel there, you WILL be placed right in the middle of 3 of them, one standing right next to do, giving you damage before you can even say boo.

1) I already killed everyone there. The first time, then again for a second time the first time I fast traveled there. Enemies don't respawn that much in this game, so why here every freaking time you leave.

2) If I was normal traveling, I wouldn't have walked right up in the middle of 3 enemies, nor would they have let me get that far. So why does fast travel do exactly this.

If there are enemies where I'm traveling to, it should drop out of fast travel just before I get there when my perception would normally pick them up.

Ran into Uncle Tom yesterday.

Since I'm playing good again, I was able to get Fawkes to join me. Woo woo. I love this mutant, uh.., meta human. Took him up to Old Olney, let him worry about the Deathclaws. There are a bunch of things I don't like. He gets in the freaking way.

Also, he won't finish the game for you despite being the only one would die from doing it.

Bastard.

Tho having him tag along and do the killing for me has shown me that the AI is seriously flawed.

It seems to work that whoever attacks first becomes the focal target. IE: If I shoot a deathclaw before Fawkes, it comes after me and me alone and completly ignores Fawkes. Like wise, if Fawkes shoots first, I can run right up to that deathclaw and kick it in the balls, and it still doesn't care about me. This applies to other enemies as well. Fawkes got into a scrap with a bunch of Enclave soldiers and Talon mercs who were fighting each other. I litterly could just run right up to everyone and shoot 'em point blank in the head because they didn't care about me, only the person who attacked them first.

Fast Travel pisses me off.

Why in the hell does it drop you off right in the middle of a bunch of enemies. Like the shacks up north inhabited by super mutants. If you fast travel there, you WILL be placed right in the middle of 3 of them, one standing right next to do, giving you damage before you can even say boo.

I noticed that too. It almost discourages fast travel in a way if you haven't cleared out all the baddies(or kept 'em at bay). At the elementary school, I cleared out all the raiders but the ants(locked away), so I'm safe to go there.

Super duper mart? Always guaranteed to have talon mercs. Thankfully, they show up as green initially, so you can teleport out, or give 'em a grenade. Found out why. There's the Talon compound right there, and it looks like they left a dumpster trap(controller vibrated & it grew), so I backed off. The 2 corpses near it shoulda clued me off. So I left a few surprises at the Talon compound door.

I am STILL clearing up ants. It's basically "enemy at the gates"(never saw the movie) where I basically camp up on a perch & snipe them when they aren't noticing. Just Lee Harvey Oswald 'em over and over. Only one got close to me, and wow do they hurt. Not even the 2 mines I left to guiard me helped. Please tell me they don't respawn completely over, as I had 3 left to kill, and not a clue where to find daddy. I strayed too far and 3 ghouls came after me.

Now I'm at the situation(again) where I'm really low on ammo and can't find any good sellers. The trading caravans outside of Megaton city are nowhere, and they had good stuff for sale.

How much range can I get on that laser pistol?

I got my ass handed to me trying to tackle those fire ants early on in the game.

To be honest, I waited till I was lvl 20 and had a Super Mutant buddy before I tried again.

He made short work of them (just like any enemy in the game) to go it alone I probably would have brought a crap load of mines and stimpacs. Let them hit a few mines then finish them off if they have any life left. You can disarm and aquire plenty of mines at that minefield. They pretty much come straight on at you so they'd hit the mine easy. Also you could

aim for the antenna. if you cripple the attenna they will attack other ants for you.

I haven't been back to that area I don't think, but I doubt they respawn

since during the quest you eliminate the queen

Also you could

aim for the antenna. if you cripple the attenna they will attack other ants for you.

I mentioned that earlier in the thread, it allows you to get rid of many of them fairly easily. I took on the ants early and that ^ was pretty essential to doing so.

Hell even the in game characters tell you the same thing if you listen. :)

There are no glitches in this game....because it's perfect.

I say it's just a little magic. :cool:

I'm still looking for that fuckin' Hannibal slave guy.......those slavers didn't even give me a hint of a place to start looking......other than him and his gang of slaves are most likely hiding somewhere in DC.

Some random funniness.................i booted up a Protecteron in the Deathclaw sewers.....it walked out and said 'Unusually large creatures detected...going into extermination mode.' I started laughing because I knew what was going to happen when he walked out the door. The second the door opened...there was a Deathclaw standing there and it made a huge swipe at the Protecteron......throwing it all the way across the room. :D :D

After laughing....I had to make sure to kill the Deathclaw, though. Those are the hardest things in the game.

Update:

Had to go kinda have a hint of where to look for the Temple of the Union.....so I found out via the Fallout wiki that it was close by Canterbury Commons. Found it.......walked up and when the lady said 'Who goes there?' I just responded saying ' Just looking for runaway slaves.' :D :lolblue: :lolblue:

Slaughtered them all....probably losing any chance of extra missions they might have had. Charon eventually got killed by those Giant Radscorpions.....those things are tough in numbers. I guess I'm done with partners........since I lost Jericho, then Clover, and now Charon......I left Dogmeat at the Vault.

FINALLY finished that damn Nuka-Cola mission. Also made my favorite custom weapon.....the Railway Gun.......shooting someone's arm or head off and then having it stick to the wall has never felt so satisfying.

My robot, Wadsworth, had the funniest joke the other day..........'Two cannibals were feasting on a clown and one said to the other, "Does this taste funny to you?"' :D :D