IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

i just need a simple yea or no....

the only mission it seems I have failed to complete is 'You Gotta Shoot Him in the Head'............i'm assuming that has to do with President Eden??

Nope.

Now with that out of the way.... :P

Bah, there is something I want to say, not towards giving anything away of course, but, ah, you'll find out. ;)

I must really suck at this game then...

I haven't played it nonstop or anything, but I have put in well over 10hours into this game and so far all I've managed to accomplish was getting outta the vault, visiting megaton, and now I'm on a dual assignment to find the "Family" and deliver this chick's letter to her family whom I found out weren't in the best of health in the town they live in.

I've been to all three places that the old dude protecting the town told me where the "family" likely goes to at night.. but so far nothing.

Man....was that epic.

It really was. I just sat there with a huge grin on my face during that whole thing. Too cool for words. :cool:

I've been to all three places that the old dude protecting the town told me where the "family" likely goes to at night.. but so far nothing.

You might want to put that one on the back burner. I didn't get around to it (and couldn't find where I needed to go) for a while. And if you're not decently combat capable yet, it might prove difficult. But then again the Wasteland is a tough place overall. ;)

Well, the old man does tell you exactly where they are.

Hints:

Did you take note of one of the several details discovered when you looked at those who were not in the best of health?

Did you engage the old man in conversation that pertains to that detail.

I finally got around to playing last night after a 2 week hiatus.

I'm right now in the subway station, so far so good, picking off ants one by one. Frenzied one of the "guardian" ants. Just now low on ammo. Just gotta sell off all the goodies I found in the station since I blew it all on the shishkebab plans(bad investment). I swear items disappear once you drop them. I dropped a few sellable items(to come back later) and can't find them whatsoever on the floor, save for the gas tank.

Not much TV on tonight, so more journeying I go.

Yes I did speak the old guy about the people in the house. That was how I got the three possible hotspots for where the "Family" can be found. I'm trying to ultimately kill two missions in one pass here. I suspect that the letter to be delivered by the chick in Megaton will be done about the same time I find the missing brother who is with the "Family".

I've been to the drive in theatre...nothing there...

Been to the "hideaway" cave like area... and killed a few Scorpions... and 1 thug..but nothing there either.

Also explored the north station place and just like 3 molerats and those 2 ghouls were all that was to be found there...

So...what am I missing here?

I also had meant to mention that in Megaton, i basically told that guys in the hat to toss off on blowing up the town. Then I told the Sheriff and he went and tried to arrest the guy..and...and...

Now the sheriff is dead and I took off the other dudes head there in the saloon. funny thing is that everytime i visit the bar their bodies are still there...

Hope I didn't hose myself up too much gameplay wise with this move?

I also am having a hell of a time getting leveled up! I can do any repairs in megaton because I'm not high enough in that area and I'm finding it real hard to stay alive when I keep running outta ammo! I'm trying to be a good guy but I just can't seem to stay alive long enough to garner more experience or fullfill even simpler missions. I just want to fix the damn leaking pipes!!!

Still I'm liking this game more than I did Oblivion. I know they are basically the same game, but I like the overall feel of Fallout more.

I also had meant to mention that in Megaton, i basically told that guys in the hat to toss off on blowing up the town. Then I told the Sheriff and he went and tried to arrest the guy..and...and...

Now the sheriff is dead and I took off the other dudes head there in the saloon. funny thing is that everytime i visit the bar their bodies are still there...

LOL, I was also quite surprised when the sheriff got his ass killed. I wasn't quick enough to get my weapon out. Doesn't seem to have made much difference, so I wouldn't worry about it. You can still complete that "Disarm the Bomb" quest. I would like to play again and be evil and see what happens when you blow up the town (among other things). :)

..Al

Yes I did speak the old guy about the people in the house. That was how I got the three possible hotspots for where the "Family" can be found.

So...what am I missing here?

Lets put it this way:

He knows more then 3 locations.

You need to ask him the right questions and be a bit of a detective to put it together. :P

Also explored the north station place and just like 3 molerats and those 2 ghouls were all that was to be found there...

I believe this is the area you want to explore more...thoroughly. :)

Nope. :)

I found them, I thought they were in those tunnels in the subway station located at one of the three locations. But in game time that was quite a while ago, so I must be misremembering. :)

..Al

I found them, I thought they were in those tunnels in the subway station located at one of the three locations.

Was the family a family of

vampires? If so that's where I found them, holed up in a subway tunnel.

Yes, "a" subway tunnel, but not "that" station that is one of the 3 locations given. ;) As I said, the old man knows the name of another location if you ask the right question. ;)

Was the family a family of

vampires? If so that's where I found them, holed up in a subway tunnel.

Blood Ties? Yes.

They are in the Meresti tunnels.

Uh... Yeah. But that kinda wasn't nice to just give it away. :ponder:

-^Cro§Bow^-, don't read that one if you want to figure this out on your own! :P

I just realized something. If you examine the family that is in that shack, you might not be given that all important clue if one of your skills isn't high enough (and if you're just starting, it won't be). But the dialogue option that pertains to it will still be avaialble when you talk to the old man, albeit it's relevance to you might go unappreciated without that clue.