IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

Seems to have an unlimited (or very high number) of saves.

Got 44 saves plus the auto-save. So thats 45 so far. Each holding a complete record of every item and killed enemy on the map.

Anywho. Finally at Vault 87. God damned mutants are kicking my ass up in here. Where the hell is the GECK?? (And no, I didn't go thru murder pass, I spent the 20 minutes and guessed the door password. :P )

this game follows the fallout series almost to a tee.

bethseda really did their research..........this game feels even more desolate and lonely than the first two. theres really nothing i dislike. the only thing missing is the ability to kill kids. they took that out......but it doesnt bother me as much as i thought it would. the music is dead on and is almost identical to the first two (i'm talking about the ambient music playing throughout the game). I love all the references to the originals. I havent done the quest for it yet.....but the GECK is mentioned alot. For those who didnt play the previous games, finding a G.E.C.K. was the main quest for the first half of the game.

the only gripes i have are the expensive cost of the weapon schematics......i dont have a high barter....i put all my points into small guns, lockpicking, and stealth. some of those plans are uber-pricey. ive only got two thus far.....from dead bodies of course. the bottlecap mine and the dart gun.

The Tenpenny Towers mission was classic. It was pure Fallout-style.

The game is funny and sarcastic....but not as much as the first two. It doesn't have the amount of black humor as the originals.

That Three Dog radio host is annoying as hell too. I cant wait to find him so I can crush his skull with my sledgehammer.

the only thing missing is the ability to kill kids. they took that out

Depends.

I found you can't shoot the girl running around Megaton, but I was able to shoot Red in Big Town (or is Red not a kid?).

Plus, explosives (like the Fat Man) seem to work for killing kids too all over.

Anywho. Finished. Ended quicker then I hoped. Got the good ending. Right now I'm replaying it being a real son of a bitch. And the game is actually easier that way. As soon as I got to Megaton, I just started killing everyone till I had the place empty (except for the little girl). Went into every house and buisness and stole everything. I had more good equipment and money in just an hour then I did all day of playing to be a good guy. Also set off the bomb there. Killed a caravan. The penthouse at Tenpenny is ok, just not centrally located. I think I'm going to go on a killing spree here too.

Actually, I think I'm just going kill everyone everywhere when ever it's feasable and see what happens. Some places are too heavily fortified with various military commands, so it might be hard in those places. But yeah, what an idea. Kill every single person and thing in the game. Wonder if that would unlock some kind of special evil achievement. :evil:

Edited by Artlover

I'm still hooked on Fallout3. Exploring to the east, now that I've gotten a bit of the north mapped out.

The game's so good, I had to get the strategy guide to cure the withdrawl when I had to spend a couple nights away from my ps3 last weekend. I just hope they kill most of the bugs and release a 'game of the year' version that I can play 20 years from now when I don't have a bethsoft forum telling me how to work around glitches. And I do think I'll want to play this one 20 years from now.

I'm avoiding diving too far into the strategy guide, to save some surprise, but from what I've seen, there's just no way to see it all in one game... I had no idea there was so much.

Wow, speed player? I'm 23 hours in and haven't even done the Footsteps/GNR mission yet.

Well, mt last game save (seconds before finishing) 32h, 23 minutes. But I reloaded in a few previous areas because I didn't like the outcome, so figure 36-38 hours of actual play.

Anywho. Let me tell you, being a bastard is much more rewarding in the area of caps, equipment and leveling up. :cool:

Tell ya something else. There seems to be some inconsistancies with the buildings inside vs out. Good example is the Super Duper Mart over near Megaton. Big square building on the outside, but inside it is a completely different shape. Got those two bathrooms that extend off the side when inside, but outside, they aren't there. :???: Little crap like that irks me! :(

Can't kill Dad. Knowing where he was from the first playthru, I just went straight there and found him. You can pump clip after clip of ammo into him and it barely does anything. It took 4 frag grenades to empty his life bar. But he still wasn't dead, just conscious and jumped back up in full health after a few seconds. Guess the game doesn't want you to do anything that will completely break the story/plot and make it impossible to finish.

Other annoyances. Why can't I open locked non metal doors without lockpicking/keys? I've got guns, shoot the lock off. I've got explosives, blow the f'in door down. :ponder:

Can't kill Dad.
Whoops, no more reading this thread until I've finished the game!

Bah. I wouldn't exactly call that a spoiler. :ponder: :P

Okay, but I don't want to take any chances, so that was a good signal to stop reading (I've only been "skimming" posts as it is).

..Al

Back to Dead Space for now. :)

I still have Dogmeat....he's incredibly resilient.

The other NPC i had, Jericho, was okay at first.....but he sure didnt last long. He got his ass mowed down by a Super Mutant with a Minigun. That dipshit shoulda ducked.......I didnt like him anyway. So i took my gear back from his splattered corpse.

I just love this game so much. :lust: :D

Meet my friend Charon. Now this dude is what the post apocalyptic wasteland is all about. He can get a bit trigger happy at times though, go figure. :P

post-5887-1225768410_thumb.jpg

How did you manage to "dress" him? I've got him as a NPC, and I can trade goods with him but didn't see anything about outfitting him. Also nice to have someone else to help carry everything...better than the perk that gives an extra 50lbs for carrying stuff.

a follower with a combat shotgun--nice. I :love: the combat shotgun.

I haven't done too much with followers. Dogmeat seemed a bit too fragile so I make him hang out at home.

Check out Charon's new duds. And my um, personal assistant. :ponder: :D

post-5887-1225825873_thumb.jpg

Even without the BOS armor Charon is incredibly tough. He uses his combat shotgun, flamethrower, AK, grenades, minigun, etc. with deadly results. He can chew through a pack of super mutants in seconds at times. Sometimes he's so efficient I've had to tell him to hold back so I can get the XP. ;)

How did you manage to "dress" him? I've got him as a NPC, and I can trade goods with him but didn't see anything about outfitting him. Also nice to have someone else to help carry everything...better than the perk that gives an extra 50lbs for carrying stuff.

He uses the best of the equipment that I give him, automatically changing armor and weapons as he sees fit. Not only does he carry a lot of stuff, you don't have to keep him outfitted with ammo either which is really handy (though I do have tons of extra ammo).

yea....what remo said.

they automatically use the best armor you give them and the best weapon you give them....unless you want them to use melee weapons.

as i told you before, Jericho (my second NPC) didn't last long at all. got his ass ripped apart by some mutie with a minigun. wasn't a big loss because he was annoying anyways. now i have another npc in his place.....i bought her from the leader of the slavers. her name is clover....she seems decent enough as long as you outfit her with ok equipment and weapons.

i dont want to finish the slaver mission because i want to finish all the rivet city missions first. then ill go after flak. apparently, even if you snare them behind closed doors, the whole city will be onto you when you leave the room.

anybody been to the satcom tower in the north--there are a few, but one's almost operational. the official guide's no help, but is there something *useful* I can do with my orbital nuke platform, or not really? Aside from raining fiery atomic death upon my immediate area, that is...

anybody been to the satcom tower in the north--there are a few, but one's almost operational.

Nope. "in the north" is kinda vague to give me the slightest idea where it is. :P

I didnt use one yet..............but my buddy told me the Fat Man...with the Mini Nuke as ammo is the way to go....if you're looking to wipe a town off the map. :D

I dunno about that. You can use the Fat Man it in close quarters combat (like the in the same room if it's big enough) more or less safely. It's really just the ulitmate one hit kill weapon that will take out pretty much anything you might face (save for one or two exceptions). Biggest problem with it is it breaks VERY easy.