IGNORED

Fallout 3

Reaperman

My problem is there can never be too many lockpicks.....but I always run out and there never seems to be a common place for them to be at except random places. Anyone found a spot with a lotta bobby pins?

Stop sucking at lock picking. :P

But seriously, I've picked 128 locks, and only broke like 8 or 9 of them in total. Need to be very slow and use a very light touch.

I usualy find all mine in First Aid boxes.

I'm currently at 95 locations found.......and I didn't even need the Explorer perk. :D

At over 150 locations, I guess you're 4/6 th's of the way there.

Not including undiscoverable locations (per my previous rant).

While I was wandering around, I actually completed a mission without doing any objectives prior to it. I just stumbled upon Vault 87 and went in

How the hell do you stumble across and gain entrance to someplace surrounded by lethal levels of radation? Guess that place must have like 3 or 4 ways in or something. But I do know the main map marker entrance is simply not possible.

I finally have a reason why I want to kill kids in this now. Those punk ass kids at Lamplight!!!! I wonder what happens if I try to engage any of them in combat. Do they go into unconsciousness like some NPCs and then wake back up? What happens if I talked back to them and they decided to attack.....how can I defend myself???

Never tried attacking them in Lamplight. But I've tried just randomly killing other kids in the wasteland. They don't take damage at all and just run away. :(

I met the President and I'm at a crossroads now on whether to help him or the Brotherhood.....it's kinda a toughie. I figured I'd eventually help the President and help the Brotherhood on the next playthrough.

Doing one is bad, doing one is good.

Which variation of ending do you want? :P

Man.....Fawkes is a badass......especially when he came to the "rescue". Too bad my karma is 'Very Evil'. :(

Fawkes just rules with his gatling laser.

My problem is there can never be too many lockpicks.....

I didn't have that issue, I think I ended with about 30-40 bobby pins in hand.

Republic of Dave? Hmmmmm......I've yet to find that place. I'm currently at 95 locations found.......and I didn't even need the Explorer perk. :D

Make sure you attend the daily presentation at the Museum of Dave. :lol:

I finally have a reason why I want to kill kids in this now. Those punk ass kids at Lamplight!!!!

Yeah, I didn't get the hostility towards kids that people were expressing. Until I got to Lamplight. :P

Wow This game is incredible! Certainly a must buy, must play! I get the same sense of awe as I got while playing through Oblivion. For anyone who might think this is just Oblivion with new skins, they would be wrong. The game while similar has a whole different feel to it. I love the combat system. Storing up AP for slow motion combat and watching a critical hit blow a dogs head clean off!! Too much. Man I just love everything about the game. It's one of those, I'll just play for 15 more minute games, and before you know it, 5 hours have passed! :cool: LOL

While I was wandering around, I actually completed a mission without doing any objectives prior to it. I just stumbled upon Vault 87 and went in

How the hell do you stumble across and gain entrance to someplace surrounded by lethal levels of radation? Guess that place must have like 3 or 4 ways in or something. But I do know the main map marker entrance is simply not possible.

I went into Lamplight and found the computer that opened the reactor entrance to Vault 87. All I did was hack into it and unlocked the door.

You must be thinking about the area where the GECK is actually located. That area IS seemingly impossible to go through without Fawkes' help.

OMG, you CAN find keys just laying around. Small little f--kers too. I only found it by sheer luck.

Yeah, I remember finding a tiny key behind a computer on accident. The terminal in the cube next to it had a note referencing it.

Wow This game is incredible! Certainly a must buy, must play! I get the same sense of awe as I got while playing through Oblivion. For anyone who might think this is just Oblivion with new skins, they would be wrong.

Agreed, saying that it's 'Oblivion with guns/ different skin, etc' is pretty silly. It is very definitively a different game.

I went into Lamplight and found the computer that opened the reactor entrance to Vault 87. All I did was hack into it and unlocked the door.

That probably used have been a spoiler. :P

Anywho, that's how I got in too. Suposidly there is another way that also originates in Lamplight

(through the badlands)

, but didn't try that one.

I suspect it just tries to go to the main entrance anyways.

You must be thinking about the area where the GECK is actually located. That area IS seemingly impossible to go through without Fawkes' help.

No, I'm thinking about the main vault entrance that is at the map marker location. You can get close. Real close with the rad suit and rad-x. But then it only takes one single step more and you're dead.

Given this, I suspect the main vault entrance is probaly near where the GECK is. :ponder:

Argh. I have found new ways to perish.

Lesse:

Go to the Walmart-like place, get confronted by 3 Merc talons, and die from a car explosion. I almost killed 'em all. Funny thing is, during combat, you talk to a kid who needs help.

I mistakenly go into the "raid shack". Go in the house, kill one person, and 2 come out to chase you. I get charred to a crisp.

I run into my first Super Mutant Brute. Somehow I kill him and I'm in the clear, right? Nope, another one's behind him. Then when I'm retreating, I get TWO raiders after me.

I still can't get past the one raider with the powerful sniper rifle in the Bethesda ruins. Thankfully no respawning. I managed to sneak criticals on all his other friends there. No idea how to get to him. I managed to get several shots on him with the hunting rifle, and he just stands there and takes them. Guess I'm real sneaky.

I'm on level 4 right now, but my problem is that ammo is REALLY scarce here. I can't seem to even legitimately buy any ammo for my trusty scoped magnum, nor my Chinese rifle. Ugh. Guess I'll have to do even more scrounging around, defeating raider camps until I get somewhere. Or, start stealing stuff from Megaton city, at a cost of karma.

Spent more time with the game last night. I found out what Fire Ants really were.

I don't like them.

Aside from that I screwed up at the shopping area. There's a robot thingy-ma-jig there that said the password was easy. I failed and got locked out of it. I think the thing looks cool, have a feeling it will help me, and now it is just sitting there. SIGH.

So I moved on a bit. I keep finding myself doing side quests and accepting opther missions other then doing what I BELIEVE I'm supposed to be doing.

I see DC in the distance. I'm kind of excited to see that area. Unless there are fire ants. UGH

It's one of those, I'll just play for 15 more minute games, and before you know it, 5 hours have passed! :cool: LOL

Exactly! :)

I said this EXACT thing last night.

I was looking at the clock. It was 9:44pm

I saw some bigger, cooler buildings in the distance and I said to myself: "Self, I wonder what those building are. I'll just walk over there, look around for a bit and have this xbox 360 shut off by 10PM."

Then... I noticed the clock changed to 12:15AM.

yikes

Since you can't kill the little Lamplighter bastards....I found out another way to get rid of the fuckers.

Sell 'em into slavery for tons of caps. :D I've already done it to one of them. Tonight, I'm going back for the rest of 'em with my slave collar in hand. :twisted: I'm gonna start with that damn crackhead kid called Zip.

p.s.

Call of Duty: World at War is the best WWII shooter I have ever played!! Even though I keep going back to Fallout 3, I soon know I will be addicted to CoD: WaW. It exceeded my expectations in every way. It is even, dare I say, better than Call of Duty 4......and that is a LOT to live up to. Treyarch deserves a pat on the back.

So I take it I just have to do more and more and more small-time leveling up before I start doing brave things like take on Super mutants?

And if so, can I stash things at the high school(so far nobody has respawned there) until I get a safer house? Guess I could use the ranch house. Aint nobody alive there.

Anywho, that's how I got in too. Suposidly there is another way that also originates in Lamplight

(through the badlands)

Yes.

I went through the badlands from Lamplight. It was quite easy, though packed to the brim with super muties.

Spent more time with the game last night. I found out what Fire Ants really were.

I don't like them.

Yeah, those things can be a cast iron bitch.

Though, make your life easier and shoot their antennae so they frenzy. Then just get them to gang up on each other.

;)

Sell 'em into slavery for tons of caps. :D

:lol:

There's a robot thingy-ma-jig there that said the password was easy. I failed and got locked out of it.

I don't understand why this happens to people.

When you fail the 3rd guess. Exit the terminal, then start again.

Or just use the special 'bracketed' code sections and try to hit an attempt reset one...

(through the badlands)

Yes.

I went through the badlands from Lamplight. It was quite easy, though packed to the brim with super muties.

I don't like them.

Yeah, those things can be a cast iron bitch.

Though, make your life easier and shoot their antennae so they frenzy. Then just get them to gang up on each other.

;)

Sell 'em into slavery for tons of caps. :D

:lol:

There's a robot thingy-ma-jig there that said the password was easy. I failed and got locked out of it.

Or just use the special 'bracketed' code sections and try to hit an attempt reset one...

So... did I lose that robot thingy? or will I get a chance to redeem myself later?

So... did I lose that robot thingy? or will I get a chance to redeem myself later?

there's a perk that will give you another shot at any terminal you've locked, but you don't care.

All the robot does is get killed by the new raiders that have come in since you walked back there. He dies pretty easily too--30 seconds or less unless you're helping him, and he only takes out one of them at most by himself.

by the time you're allowed to choose the perk, that taking out situations like that will be trivial. That's all the robot does.

Edited by Reaperman

All the robot does is get killed by the new raiders that have come in since you walked back there. He dies pretty easily too--30 seconds or less unless you're helping him, and he only takes out one of them at most by himself.

That's all the robot does.

In all but one case, anytime I activated a robot all it did was

try to kill me

. In that one case where it didn't, all it did was walk around being annoying. :ponder:

I hack the terminals just for the experience,

but I leave the stupid things deactivated

try to kill me

. In that one case where it didn't, all it did was walk around being annoying. :ponder:

You know that if it's a Protectron in the Metro

and you have a Metro ticket on you, the robot will scan it and tell you to have a nice day.

:D

try to kill me

You know that if it's a Protectron in the Metro

and you have a Metro ticket on you, the robot will scan it and tell you to have a nice day.

:D

Yeah, I had one on me, as a matter of fact. Guess that's why. :P

I was under the impression that your leveling up stops at 20.....but on the load screens, it shows a bar leading to 21. Am I to assume this is just a goof?

Pretty much. Once you level 20, you don't gain any more experience. So it's moot that it shows a 21 at the other end of the bar.

That seems like cheating.........unless it gives you a whole new set of words each time.