IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic '09

RJ

basically to early for me right now,

but AVC Online will be present and we plan to have a table to promote the club,website,and the news stand.

(AVC_live plans to be broadcast there as well,it will be our first remote live broadcast,we tried it at VGS

but we had technical problems with the server there)

I hope to have a table with all the projects I am currently working on, specially the Opgrade Module. It's possible that Donkey Kong Arcade will be on display in some form too. I am looking forward to meet some of the ColecoVision fans here during the event. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Is it gonna be in the summer, or in March again? I was very disappointed when they moved it to March.

March 21st and 22nd. Much better time period for the show, summer was just not working out. Weddings, summer vacations, and people were much less likely to want to spend time indoors when the weather outside is really nice. Advertising rates, halls, etc. are also much cheaper pre-Spring, etc. Attendance bumped to 2,600 this past show (though we don't count a major part of the attendees - kids 12 and under in that count, since they're free).

Is it gonna be in the summer, or in MArch again? I was very disappointed when they moved it to March.

I'm with you. I liked it better in the summer. The Ferry Boat doesn't run in March so I have to drive through Chicago or the U.P. to get to the show. plus the kids are still in school which means dance classes and hockey games on the weekends. I'll be lucky if I can get away for a day this year.

• 2 weeks later...
I may consider flying in for this one. Too far to drive..

I've driven from Cincinnati a few times, takes anywhere from 7-9 hours depending on whether or not Chicago traffic wants to play nice or not. Also, you're looking at paying like $75 for the shuttle to and from the Olympia from the airport in Milwaukee. Driving would probably be your best bet seeing as Southwest doesn't fly into Milwaukee :(

I may consider flying in for this one. Too far to drive..

I've driven from Cincinnati a few times, takes anywhere from 7-9 hours depending on whether or not Chicago traffic wants to play nice or not. Also, you're looking at paying like $75 for the shuttle to and from the Olympia from the airport in Milwaukee. Driving would probably be your best bet seeing as Southwest doesn't fly into Milwaukee :(

I would check with megabus and see if they are available there then take the bus(if you book it early enough rt would cost you 2.50)then take a shuttle from amtrak to the show(and back) would only be 60.00 RT.