IGNORED

Midwest Gaming Classic '09

RJ

Hey look, an ADAM! ;)

Tempest

The Adam sold! Robert hauled it out to the show to sell, we were so glad that we did not have to bring it back home.

I remember that when the guy brought it from you, that was big package.

It makes a 5200 box look like a Gameboy box. :)

Allan

Yeah, I had no idea they were that big. I have only seen them in photos and never owned one. Huge box man!

Hey look, an ADAM! ;)

Tempest

The Adam sold! Robert hauled it out to the show to sell, we were so glad that we did not have to bring it back home.

I remember that when the guy brought it from you, that was big package.

Yeah that was Atariman. I talked him into it, so that's why I'm teasing him. I'm a big ADAM fan, and have both boxed ADAMs (regular and expansion models) myself. Yes those boxes are HUGE (and flimsy as hell). I was the guy who bought the boxed CP/M tape. :)

Tempest

And we had an Adam set up in the museum this year. Wonder if it was another person that saw something in the museum they wanted and ran to the vendor area to find it (we had a lot of that this year).

Had a guy buy an electro-mechanical baseball handheld (pull the lever to set up a pitch and after pressing the pitch button, a spring "windup" sound is heard) from me after seeing it in the museum and being flooded with memories of playing it with his brother...said he was going to give it to him as a Christmas present. Aside from making money, one of the neat things about being a vendor is watching people find something from their childhood they haven't seen in 30 years, and just totally going nuts over it, telling stories about it to anyone who will listen.

Rich

That was one of the off things about the show saturday... The very first items I sold saturday morning at the show were a stack of TS1000 cassettes and a TS1000 RAM module, damndest thing I expected to sell first hand...

Hehe... I bought those. They were the damndest thing I expected to buy first hand... :)

Tempest

Had a guy buy an electro-mechanical baseball handheld (pull the lever to set up a pitch and after pressing the pitch button, a spring "windup" sound is heard) from me after seeing it in the museum and being flooded with memories of playing it with his brother...said he was going to give it to him as a Christmas present.

Yah, that would have been from the Tomy em's I had on display, Digital Diamond Baseball from 1978 -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/3381650058/

That's cool to hear someone saw that and wanted that, I don't get much feedback on the handhelds I bring.

That was one of the off things about the show saturday... The very first items I sold saturday morning at the show were a stack of TS1000 cassettes and a TS1000 RAM module, damndest thing I expected to sell first hand...

Yah, we had them in two different locations in the Museum hall. My area had a full setup for display, and Ozyr had one running in his area -

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/...57615834963880/ (mine)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/...57615746538685/ Ozyr's 1

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/...57615746538685/ Ozyr's 2

http://www.flickr.com/photos/91071283@N00/...57615746538685/ A cool ipod commerical like video he had running on it.

Edited by wgungfu

Hey look, an ADAM! ;)

Tempest

It did? :) Who'd be crazy enough to buy a huge box like that?

*looks over at ADAM box*

Ah, that's right - And it still has the "SOLD" sticky note on the box that you placed there. The ADAM along with the other contents of the box are currently sitting in front of my TV where I've been messing around with it. :)

Yeah that was Atariman. I talked him into it, so that's why I'm teasing him. I'm a big ADAM fan, and have both boxed ADAMs (regular and expansion models) myself. Yes those boxes are HUGE (and flimsy as hell). I was the guy who bought the boxed CP/M tape. :)

Tempest

Haha - I hadn't read down this far when I posted a few minutes ago. Yeah, I'm glad you talked me into picking it up, but I must admit - the friends that have seen it have given me weird looks. Of course, they've only seen my mainstream video game stuff in my collection, so I guess this would seem like an odd purchase for me to make from their point of view.

Remorse over ADAM's sale he has... but space for it he has not.

As much as I love the ColecoVision stuff, I just didn't have space to properly display and/or use it. Maybe sometime in the future I'll add a room onto my house for one.

Ditto on the boxed TI99/4A, and the boxed Game Organizer, and the boxed Odyssey2 console, and the boxed Odyssey2 games.....

Suffice it to say, my nieces and nephews will be much happier staying in my spare bedroom now. I'm sure they say Thank You!