IGNORED

GTIA soundcard

xxl

on pokey it plays the same, belive me.

soon i upload demo with gtia/pokey player zx music (on pokey with volume control)

out of curiosity, will there be a way to "write" music this way on the atari or will we need a speccy for that part of the process? i don't own a speccy so writing for the GTIA in my XL's would be awesome. very cool demos by the way! they sound like Mr. Beep's stuff.

i'm not really familiar with ZX spectrum and the music scene on it. Is this project some kind of ZX-YM emulator to play ZX modules with the 8bit Atari?

if so - I would love to listen to AY Riders with my Atari :)

http://ay-riders.speccy.cz/

grtx,

\twh

p.s.: great shit, XXL is always good for suprises.

p.p.s.: @XXL, I still want Sim City!! :-)

• 3 weeks later...

Yes I have the game an old pc and the stupid driver for win3.1 as well. The PC sounds scratchy and distorted as heck. I think your memory is enhancing the effect. I must putt now.

The Atari seems to beat this hands down. I like what I hear this gtia sound project is good.

I am messing with the space harrier demos now, I am getting better at this game.

producing sounds via the Keyclick generator is impressive?

Producing sounds with a keyclick generator that sound better than what you are producing with POKEY is indeed impressive. At least for me.

Edited by _The Doctor__

• 4 weeks later...

sound studio player has only one volume level on gtia, but if you like play 1bit sound studio music on pokey then you have $e volumes; tim follin player has $e volumes on gtia (and attack-decay)