IGNORED

my xbox is RROD!

Zeptari

MFRD: 07-15-2006 RROD: 04-09-2009

Time to call Microsoft..... That is, if I'm even covered.....My systems almost 3 years old!

Mmmmmm should i just go buy a Arcade unit? is it a pain to transfer my license to a new system?

or just switch over to ps3? :D

-rick

If you registered the unit you should be able to check the expiration on the warranty online.

I just checked it... I'm covered under the 3rrod...

I need a quick answer guys... which shipping method should i use???

thanks

-rick

Can't help you on that one sorry, mine got the rrod exactly 24 hours after i bought it, i got a refurb unit from Gamestop and it was still under their warranty so they just swapped it out for me.

If i remember I think someone mentioned that when you submit a claim they send you the box or at least the info with instructions on how to ship it back, but don't quote me on that, i'm sure someone else here has gone through the process and can let you know.

If you registered the unit you should be able to check the expiration on the warranty online.

I just checked it... I'm covered under the 3rrod...

I need a quick answer guys... which shipping method should i use???

thanks

-rick

I've always used UPS. I have plenty of the coffins though so I can just print off a label and slap it on the box. We have a UPS store right down the road from our house. If you don't have a coffin, I'd have them ship you one. Also if you want to keep that beast in warranty, you can add a year for $29.99, be cheaper then buying an Arcade unit. but at the same time it's pretty crazy how crappy those early 360's are. Might be better off getting an Arcade and swapping you HD to it. The license transfer kinda sucks in that you have to re-down load EVERYTHING you want to have access to OFFLINE from your download history. Each one only takes a couple seconds if you already have the file, but it's still a PITA

Microsofts website has 3 options... and the text is cut off so I can't read it all!!!!

the 3 options are:

Starndard:

You will receive a shipping box and a pre-paid shipping label which will take approximately

Print Shipping Label:

You can easily print a shipping label from the Xbox Support Web site. Printing the label yourself will shorten the time it takes to get your console to us for repair. To use this method, you need a printer and a box that you can use to ship your console to us.

Label Ship:

You will receive a pre-paid shipping label which will take approximately 4 days to get to you

Why would anyone do Label ship????

Printing my own shipping label and boxing up the unit makes the most sense. So i guess I'll go with Print shipping label...

Will microsoft give me any crap about the way i pack the system?

and the adventure begins!

-rick

Why would anyone do Label ship????

Printing my own shipping label and boxing up the unit makes the most sense. So i guess I'll go with Print shipping label...

Will microsoft give me any crap about the way i pack the system?

and the adventure begins!

-rick

I guess the label would be for folks that didn't have a printer but had a coffin already. (Don't throw it away, you may need it yet)

Still, it take like 4 or 5 days for them to ship the coffin as well (unless you're on your 3rd repair then they overnight it)

I suggested the coffin because it's made for shipping an xbox. Still just be sure to pack the console well and don't forget to remove any disks, the HD and the faceplate. You probably don't have to remove the faceplate unless you have a custom one you want to keep or unless you want an extra one to customize yourself. I have in the past sent them a unit without a faceplate and got a new one when it was returned. Hell might as well get something out of it even if it's just a crappy faceplate.

I have in the past sent them a unit without a faceplate and got a new one when it was returned. Hell might as well get something out of it even if it's just a crappy faceplate.

Great idea! I'll do that!

Will i just printed out the UPS label... I hope to send it out tomorrow..

-rick

If I sent this out tomorrow from Massachusetts, how long can i expect to wait for my 360?

-rick

Usually from the day you send it in two weeks. I guess it depends on where it's being sent to. From here in GA mine get sent to TX. In all cases I've had the unit back in about 2 weeks. Don't forget to snag the 1 month Gold free card when you get it back.

If I sent this out tomorrow from Massachusetts, how long can i expect to wait for my 360?

-rick

Usually from the day you send it in two weeks. I guess it depends on where it's being sent to. From here in GA mine get sent to TX. In all cases I've had the unit back in about 2 weeks. Don't forget to snag the 1 month Gold free card when you get it back.

Update:

this is from ups.com

MESQUITE TX, US 04/15/2009 6:32 P.M. ARRIVAL SCAN

Looks like it'll be about a week or so before i see my 360...

I wonder, will they rip out its guts and replace them.... or send me a new 360?

-rick

Update:

this is from ups.com

-rick

If I had to guess they will rip the guts and replace them. Your Serial Number will remain the same but the console ID will be different. They won't have transferred your game licenses because of this but they should have because now you won't be able to play them off-line even though you have the same unit. You'll call them and complain and say they are idiots and tell them to transfer the licenses and they will but it will take 24 to 48 hours, then all will be right with the world. :D

Hopefully the will just send you a new unit with the licenses transferred already. My understanding is either way you will have to go into your download history and re-download everything you want available off-line. Luckily since the files are already on you HD it only take about 2 seconds apiece. Still a pain.

Update:

this is from ups.com

-rick

If I had to guess they will rip the guts and replace them. Your Serial Number will remain the same but the console ID will be different. They won't have transferred your game licenses because of this but they should have because now you won't be able to play them off-line even though you have the same unit. You'll call them and complain and say they are idiots and tell them to transfer the licenses and they will but it will take 24 to 48 hours, then all will be right with the world. :D

Hopefully the will just send you a new unit with the licenses transferred already. My understanding is either way you will have to go into your download history and re-download everything you want available off-line. Luckily since the files are already on you HD it only take about 2 seconds apiece. Still a pain.

Nope. There's a tool on their website that does it for you in about ten seconds. You just need to sign into windows live and it pulls everything to your console, but you can only do it once every twelve months or something.

Nope. There's a tool on their website that does it for you in about ten seconds. You just need to sign into windows live and it pulls everything to your console, but you can only do it once every twelve months or something.

Yes that's right, once every 12 months.

I forget about that because I've needed to use it 3 times in the last 12 months and naturally had to call them to do it manually since as you stated you can only use it once in a 12 month period. Amazing how something that takes you 10 seconds takes them 24 to 48 hours. well except this last time it took more like 130+ hours since I requested it on a Wednesday, realized it still hadn't been done the following Monday and called them again and reminded them after which the said it would be 24 to 48 hours (sound familiar?), then finally I got them transferred on Tuesday.

Hopefully he hasn't used that tool yet eh?

Update #2

Well UPS came today and no one was home :x ....so they didn't leave the package.

Special Instructions: Signature Required ....... I would have be happy if they left it

on my back pourch... ohh well..... i guess Microsoft wants my autograph. :D

I'm in the process of making arrangements to pick it up monday....

-rick

Update #2

Well UPS came today and no one was home :x ....so they didn't leave the package.

Happened to me also, the worst part I was home AND had left a note on the door telling them to ring the bell multiple times.

I was going out of town the next day so I wound up driving to the depot and had to wait for the driver to get back.

• 1 month later...
I had to call and get my stuff transfered over.

For anyone with multiple consoles....can you have licenses registered on more than one machine?

In other words can you play games offline on more than one console? Not sure if Microsoft allows that.

Looks like my stuff didn't transfer over, I can't play my XBLA stuff offline!!!! :x

I like to play stuff like Oblivion offline.... so I'm gonna have to figure out how to do this...

I tried re-downloading some of my arcade games.... i didn't delete them... just redownloaded them..

that didn't work!!! :x

What do i do??

I'm afraid to delete and redownload.... I don't want to lose anything i paid for!

-rick

Relax....you wont lose anything.

Did you write down your consoles information at any time, particularily the Serial Number and the Console ID number? Anyways, re-read this part of the thread....

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?s...t&p=1728483

You can try and transfer your licences manually from the Support website. I'm not convinced it will work that way if the serial number is the same. You'll have to check all that out though. Just FYI, It wouldn't hurt anything to do it, but you shouldn't have to delete the games if the licence transfer was done.

MFRD: 07-15-2006 RROD: 04-09-2009

Time to call Microsoft..... That is, if I'm even covered.....My systems almost 3 years old!

Mmmmmm should i just go buy a Arcade unit? is it a pain to transfer my license to a new system?

or just switch over to ps3? :D

-rick

Yep, get a refund and buy a ps3! Really though,sounds like they are making it right and you can get your old downloads you should be fine.

Edited by atarian63

Yep, get a refund and buy a ps3!

Doesn't it bother you atarian63 that you're 45 years old and have nothing bettter to do than troll Xbox 360 forums?

All I know is it makes me happy that it bothers you. :D

Get a life Boycon,you fanboyism is showing.

Edited by atarian63

Oh it doesn't bother me in the least atarian63. I don't mind pointing out to people what a sad hobby you have. You constantly post negative (and usually BS statements) in a forum for a console you do not own and tell me I need to get a life?? :lol:

I can totally understand your situation though atarian63, if the only console I owned this generation was the Wii, I'd be bored to tears and looking for something to do as well.

Oh it doesn't bother me in the least atarian63. I don't mind pointing out to people what a sad hobby you have. You constantly post negative (and usually BS statements) in a forum for a console you do not own and tell me I need to get a life?? :lol:

I can totally understand your situation though atarian63, if the only console I owned this generation was the Wii, I'd be bored to tears and looking for something to do as well.

Thanks for proving my point Moycon. :rolling: It must bother you or you would ignore. Do try to get a life and a real console. Like Ps3 or Wii.

Sadly for fanboys the truth hurts. You often sound like you work for Microshaft. :thumbsdown: At least be honest with folks about how faulty and problematic the system is. :ponder:

Have a nice evening. Also you should have read my entire post. Since you say my post is BS,that means microsoft actually is not taking care of customers with broken machines? I did say they were. As they should since they have been so dishonest for so long.

Edited by atarian63