IGNORED

my xbox is RROD!

Zeptari

Have a nice evening. Also you should have read my entire post.

I did read your post. It had nothing to do with anything Zeptari1 just posted.

By your expert opinion, in regards to his latest problem, he should just sit back because to you it sounded like the problem was being addressed already, and everything will be fine is that it? LOL How about this guy, you read the posts, then your anti-MS BS wont be so evident.

And no sir it doesn't bother me in the least. You have no points. You're just a troll. I actually like pointing it out so people know to ignore your nonsense.

Edited by moycon

In other words can you play games offline on more than one console? Not sure if Microsoft allows that.

You can only play offline on one console (the one with the licenses, which is usually the one that you originally dl'ed the games to). Any other console you will need to be signed in to live with the gamertag associated with the games. I keep my gamertag on a memory card for just that reason...so I can play my arcade games on both of my 360's

Yep, get a refund and buy a ps3!

Doesn't it bother you atarian63 that you're 45 years old and have nothing bettter to do than troll Xbox 360 forums?

atarian63...at least moycon is *trying* to help solve a problem for a user...you're just trolling. There was no reason other than that for your comment. Your posts in other areas of the forum are usually insightful, and at least on-topic. Why even post in a thread like this if all you're going to do is add nothing to the discussion?

You can only play offline on one console (the one with the licenses, which is usually the one that you originally dl'ed the games to).

This is 100% true and in my opinion isn't right. I can understand wanting to make sure piracy doesn't run rampant, but I find it hard to believe there couldn't be a process where you added multiple, registered consoles to your licenses. I paid $100's of dollars to have more than one Xbox 360, I should get all the benefits of owning one including playing arcade games off-line on any of them.

You can only play offline on one console (the one with the licenses, which is usually the one that you originally dl'ed the games to).

This is 100% true and in my opinion isn't right. I can understand wanting to make sure piracy doesn't run rampant, but I find it hard to believe there couldn't be a process where you added multiple, registered consoles to your licenses. I paid $100's of dollars to have more than one Xbox 360, I should get all the benefits of owning one including playing arcade games off-line on any of them.

Agreed. Its a total horseshit system IMHO.

Agreed. Its a total horseshit system IMHO.

I agree

:(

I should be receiving my repaired console from Microsoft shortly and noticed that when I logged on to the Xbox website that they 'exchanged' my console and the one I'm getting back has a new standard warranty (I'm assuming along with the 3 year RROD warranty as well?).

My question is this - has anybody else had their console 'exchanged'? Does this mean I'm getting a new one or is it just some refurbed one that someone else already owned? The reason I ask is because I really DON'T want a refurbed one (unless it's my original one - in which case it would be more of a repair :) ) - I don't want one that someone has left on for hours and hours and not taken care of that they fixed up enough to make it work again.

If it's a new one, I'm totally okay with that, though. I noticed that the serial number is pretty high on it, but maybe that's what they do with refurbished units...

EDIT: I'm also curious if anybody has ever gotten one back that was in worse physical condition than the one they sent in. Mine looked new when I boxed it up (even still had the little piece of plastic covering the IR receiver on the front), so I'd be furious if I got some scratched up hunk of junk back.

Edited by Atariman

WTF? When I initially checked the repair page, I saw that they had given me the 'Xbox 360 Exchange Arcade' console and it had a warranty that was good until 6/22/2010, but now it says 9/1/2009. What the hell is going on?

EDIT: I'm also curious if anybody has ever gotten one back that was in worse physical condition than the one they sent in. Mine looked new when I boxed it up (even still had the little piece of plastic covering the IR receiver on the front), so I'd be furious if I got some scratched up hunk of junk back.

I haven't and I've recieved a few back, you should be fine. Chances are you'll still have a little piece of plastic covering the IR receiver on the front. I would have sent your unit to them without a faceplate though. Often times if you do that, they'll ship it back with a new one on it.

The refurb units I recieved didn't have any special serial numbers. Higher or otherwise.

Your warranty wont be extended any, it should be good till the same date as when you sent it in.

Edited by moycon

Mine have always come back looking just fine...however, you should not need to send in your faceplate (the always told me to take mine off).

Mine have always come back looking just fine...however, you should not need to send in your faceplate (the always told me to take mine off).

The only reason I sent it with the faceplate on was because it said to take off any custom faceplates - since mine was just a stock 360 faceplate, I figured I'd just leave it on. I really wasn't sure one way or the other, so I just left it on figuring it wouldn't make any difference (now watch it ship without a faceplate :P )

The only reason I sent it with the faceplate on was because it said to take off any custom faceplates - since mine was just a stock 360 faceplate, I figured I'd just leave it on. I really wasn't sure one way or the other, so I just left it on figuring it wouldn't make any difference (now watch it ship without a faceplate :P )

Ugh. that would suck...and something tells me......nevermind :)

(now watch it ship without a faceplate :P )

Nah, That wont happen, but you might have gotten a freebie. I got like three free that way. I customized one of them.

(Yeah...Lame I know, but what the heck.)

post-544-1244129976_thumb.jpg

Edited by moycon

My virtual bud on IRC not more than 30 seconds ago.. I kid you not.

[16:03] <@[Eric]> oh yoy mother fucker

[16:04] <@[Eric]> my 360 is dead

[16:05] <@NE146> really?

[16:05] <@[Eric]> jesus christ

[16:05] <@[Eric]> this is my 4th 360 come the fuck on

...another one bites the dust! :P

My virtual bud on IRC not more than 30 seconds ago.. I kid you not.

[16:03] <@[Eric]> oh yoy mother fucker

[16:04] <@[Eric]> my 360 is dead

[16:05] <@NE146> really?

[16:05] <@[Eric]> jesus christ

[16:05] <@[Eric]> this is my 4th 360 come the fuck on

...another one bites the dust! :P

Yeesh, at this rate, nobody will have to worry about their 3 year RROD warranties running out! :P

Well, I got my 360 back today. I turned it on long enough to verify that it works and that I don't have to re-download anything (or re-register), so that much is good. I'm a little disappointed, though. My 360 was in PERFECT condition. Not a scratch on it anywhere. The one I got back is in good condition, but still had a few extremely minor dings here and there. Nothing that a normal person would probably notice, but since I'm extremely protective of the stuff I buy new, it was still annoying to see that they aren't quite as OCD about this stuff as I am.

Overall, I guess the experience was okay. They managed to keep me up to date on where my 360 was in the process along with moving everything along pretty quickly, but I'm still disappointed that the Xbox I got back wasn't *quite* as pristine as the one I sent in. Nitpicking, I know, but that sort of stuff is important to me. I took better care of that thing than I do my glassware, so it wasn't fun to see something that had been bumped around once or twice.

Hopefully this 360 will last longer than the previous one. At this point, I think I'd rate their return/repair process about a B+.

Here we go again :roll: My first 360 RROD'ed about 24 hours after I bought it. The replacement did not even last a year as it just died a few hours ago.... It didn't RROD this time though. This time it quit detecting the hard drive! :x So now it's my turn to do the exchange thing hopefully the third time will be the charm.

Other than blue ray does the PS3 have any technological edge over the 360?

I think some games look a little better on the PS3 then the 360.

Honestly though, it's only REALLY noticeable in a few games IMO.

Sony network certainly doesn't have an edge over the Live network.

The console seems much more reliable though. At least compared to the older 360 units.

The console seems much more reliable though. At least compared to the older 360 units.

Thanks for the info. I may be getting a PS3 soon (due to the kindness of a relative who feels bad because i was laid off from work even though i said it's not necessary) I just thought I would ask here because I know i will get honest answers and opinions.

It goes both ways. Some comparisons have found particular games look better on the 360. Some aspects of the 360 hardware provides an advantage to the 360 (especially the GPU) while the PS3 has some things going for it as well (mainly Bluray.)

Yeah I think visually you're not going to see much difference. Many of the games i think look AMAZING on the PS3, aren't available on the 360 (Folklore, Afrika etc...) I've actually heard some of the game available on both play worse on the PS3. Like F.E.A.R. for instance. I thought I remember people reporting the PS3 version had crappy loading throughout the game not present in the 360 version. Really though, stories like that are few and far between. The PS3 is a good system with enough exclusives to make it worth getting especially if you can get it for free!!

Yeah I think visually you're not going to see much difference. Many of the games i think look AMAZING on the PS3, aren't available on the 360 (Folklore, Afrika etc...) I've actually heard some of the game available on both play worse on the PS3. Like F.E.A.R. for instance. I thought I remember people reporting the PS3 version had crappy loading throughout the game not present in the 360 version. Really though, stories like that are few and far between. The PS3 is a good system with enough exclusives to make it worth getting especially if you can get it for free!!

Very true.

On a side note I read somewhere that Microsoft is getting rid of the coffin. Basically box it yourself with a label they provide.

Maybe better because you dont have to wait for a box.