SE Michigan Get Together (Sept. 12th)

Tempest

Who's Coming?  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Are you...

• Going only to Petes
    • Going to Petes and the get together at my house

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

Woot! lol Tempest yeah we need to all get back together soon my wife really enjoyed spending time with yours and AfterMac's wife. :)

Yeah my wife enjoyed meeting everyone as well. We definitely need to do this again soon.

Tempest

Woot! lol Tempest yeah we need to all get back together soon my wife really enjoyed spending time with yours and AfterMac's wife. :)

Yeah my wife enjoyed meeting everyone as well. We definitely need to do this again soon.

Tempest

Yeah, my wife also... I think they were all pleasantly surprised. :D

We do need to get together soon... hmm... the week before Thanksgiving... isn't that Michigan vs. Ohio State weekend? :) I definitely want to see the game... I don't think time has been announced yet. And Sunday's don't work for you do they Jboy? If that week doesn't work then what about the week after Thanksgiving?

Yeah Sundays are tough for me but yeah we need to get the ball rolling on this again.

Kelly does not know her work times that far a head but we will figure out something and it sounds like Zeta and my other friend Chris wants to come too.

I would love to come, but I probaly don't have much to trade as of right now...Myabe just hang out talk some games...relive the past if you wanna play some neo geo Im up for that...Good times maybe even a beer or two...Im buying...

Yeah Sundays are tough for me but yeah we need to get the ball rolling on this again.

Kelly does not know her work times that far a head but we will figure out something and it sounds like Zeta and my other friend Chris wants to come too.

I would love to come, but I probaly don't have much to trade as of right now...Myabe just hang out talk some games...relive the past if you wanna play some neo geo Im up for that...Good times maybe even a beer or two...Im buying...

Doesn't matter if you don't have anything to trade.. we mostly just talked and played games anyway! :)

If you're supplying the beer, I'm definitely in! ;)

I just saw this article on detnews.com... I panicked for a second, but then realized it said "FORMER home of Pinball Petes".

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091025/METRO/910250329/1361/Fire-damages-former-home-of-Pinball-Pete-s-in-Ann-Arbor

There was a time when both of those places were Pete's at the same time. I remember playing XMen vs Street Fighter for the first time in the little place and then walking across the street for some of the more deluxe machines. They also had another location down the hill across from Upstairs at PJs (or whatever that is), and of course the one in East Lansing. Sadly its now just one location with a bunch of broken stuff in it.

So since nobody has done it yet, I will throw a date out there. How about we do this thing on...Nov 21st?

I just saw this article on detnews.com... I panicked for a second, but then realized it said "FORMER home of Pinball Petes".

http://www.detnews.com/article/20091025/METRO/910250329/1361/Fire-damages-former-home-of-Pinball-Pete-s-in-Ann-Arbor

There was a time when both of those places were Pete's at the same time. I remember playing XMen vs Street Fighter for the first time in the little place and then walking across the street for some of the more deluxe machines. They also had another location down the hill across from Upstairs at PJs (or whatever that is), and of course the one in East Lansing. Sadly its now just one location with a bunch of broken stuff in it.

So since nobody has done it yet, I will throw a date out there. How about we do this thing on...Nov 21st?

I was thinking more like December 5th. If Nov 21st works better for everyone else, we can do it then and I can record the Michigan - Ohio State game... just not the same as watching it live though. :)

I was thinking more like December 5th. If Nov 21st works better for everyone else, we can do it then and I can record the Michigan - Ohio State game... just not the same as watching it live though. :)

Either one is good for me.

Need to check if i work or not but sounds good to me with either one guys. :)

• 1 month later...

Ok looks like the New Years Eve party is on. Not sure how much gaming there will be, the wife says she wants (and I quote here) "an adult party" and gave me that rolling eyes thing she does so well when I suggested breaking out the Wii or one of my other consoles. She should know me better than that by now... :)

Anyway, shoot me an PM if you're interested.

Tempest

Hopefully when the Holiday madness dies down we can do this for real, like last time. My house is almost finished (just Rug Doctor-ed the carpet in what will be the game room today) so I can volunteer my place. Its sort of between Pete's and Tempest's house, so its in the same basic location.

Yeah, I kinda remember JBoy saying you didn't live too far away. We really do need to get together again in the near future. Seems like we're kinda having the same scheduling problems we had the first time.

Hopefully when the Holiday madness dies down we can do this for real, like last time. My house is almost finished (just Rug Doctor-ed the carpet in what will be the game room today) so I can volunteer my place. Its sort of between Pete's and Tempest's house, so its in the same basic location.

Yeah, I kinda remember JBoy saying you didn't live too far away. We really do need to get together again in the near future. Seems like we're kinda having the same scheduling problems we had the first time.

Wish me and Mrs.Jboy could come for New Years but its a "no go" there because of her working the next day but yeah a real gathering after the holidays would be fun. :)

• 4 weeks later...