IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Just to confirm: I've been using this new update all day and it totally ROCKS. Just need to get out of the habit of always clicking back into root file before assembling now. :)

I can see this speeding up my development by a factor of 2. :D

Wow! MainSourceFile property is the best thing that happend in a long time :)

Thanks JAC!

Hi I'm back. Drining is not the problem but all I have here an unsecure privte WLAN from a neighbour house with 10k/s upload. Seems it failed to upload the features folder last night.

EDIT:

Done. I've tested the update via the site and it worked now.

Note: There are also some NES related changes included which I started already, it might happen that "ASM6" is now the default for ".asm" (unintentionally).

I am not able to update from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2?

post-528-0-04145400-1337416341_thumb.png

Hi I'm back. Drining is not the problem but all I have here an unsecure privte WLAN from a neighbour house with 10k/s upload. Seems it failed to upload the features folder last night.

EDIT:

Done. I've tested the update via the site and it worked now.

Note: There are also some NES related changes included which I started already, it might happen that "ASM6" is now the default for ".asm" (unintentionally).

I am not able to update from 1.6.1 to 1.6.2?

Same thing happend to me too...

Solved it :)

Uninstall old versions... (from Help->about->installation details...).

Delete all plugins named "com.wudsn..." in the eclipse/plugins folder.

Install new version from update (Don't install base features - it's already included in wudsn..).

Is there a way to setup Altirra (using wine) in wudsn under linux to work with "one settings work for all projects" ?

So far I'm using "emulate.sh" script per project that looks like this:

wine Altirra.exe \\home\\popmilo\\dev\\altirra\\main.xex

If I use ${outputFilePath} as filename for emulator, Linux doesn't like it and can not find file... :(

Those double \\ solve the problem, but I see no way to make it work directly from preferences emulator command line.

Is there a way to setup Altirra (using wine) in wudsn under linux to work with "one settings work for all projects" ?

Errghhh..... Solved it :)

Just changed ${outputFilePath} to ${outputFileName} and chose Altirra directory as output folder for compiler and it works :)

Ps. How often does it happen to find out answer on your own, by the mere fact of formulating the question... :)

• Like 1

@Popmilo: There for sure is a (cryptic) way to convert "/" to "\" in as a shell function, so you don't need to put the exe in Altirra Home. Maybe some Unix guru reads this...

When I was about to update the "Features" and "Installation" section on my web site last night, I found that there is a lot of information which is already there in the metadata of the IDE meanwhile. So I played around a bit to move the information into the online help (not as text but computed from the metadata of the compiler etc.). Brings the information close to where you need it and I only have a single location to update.

post-17404-0-23379900-1337812377_thumb.pngpost-17404-0-71578900-1337812384_thumb.png

• Like 2

I thought you already did what popmillo suggested and I didn't answer because my suggestion would have been the same.

The problem most likely is the update again the borken upload of 1.6.2.

Eclipse will not install an update unless the version number is higher.

Therefore you first have to uninstall 1.6.2 explicitly.

well... on OSX I am not able (or too stupid) to install 1.6.2... I got An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.

session context was:(profile=SDKProfile, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=, action=).

Error reading signed content.

The file "/Applications/eclipse/plugins/com.wudsn.ide.asm.compilers.test_1.6.1.jar" does not exist

Learnings from the"update disaster"

I have extended the update site. If the update fails for whatever reason or if the installed version turns out to have severe issues you can uninstall it via the link "What is already installed" in the "Install New Software..." dialog and restart the IDE. Then you can reinstall the latest version from "http://www.wudsn.com/update" or previously released versions starting with 1.6.0 from "http://www.wudsn.com/update/1.6.0", ""http://www.wudsn.com/update/1.6.2", etc.

• Like 3

Small gimmick from the upcoming version: DEC/HEX/BIN conversion for text selections, similar to the "Sort" menu.

Based on some feedback from the C64 guys. Maybe you have similar or other things you'd like to see...

post-17404-0-82334400-1339252765_thumb.gif

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

I'm getting some strange behaviour with the latest MADS / WUDSN combo on the new PC. Previously (IIRC), errors in include files caused the include file to be opened in the editor and the target line flagged up. Now, say I include TEST.INC in the file TEST.ASM, and there's a string error on line 2 of TEST.INC: The compiler output shows an error flagged on the ICL TEST.INC line in the root source file, and the editor just highlights that same line in TEST.INC. Do I have something set up wrongly? Or has the compiler itself change? It doesn't seem to be giving the IDE any indication of the actual line in the include file which actually contains the error.

Just tested this again with the GUI source code and an error in line 9 of an included file (GUILIB3.S) causes the error flag to appear on line 9 of the root source file. Compiler output was:

C:/Users/Jon/workspace/a8gui/branches/GUI4/guilib3.s (9) ERROR: Undeclared label APPLICYTRYATIONEVENTS (BANK=0)

Edited by flashjazzcat

OK - fortunately I still had an older version of MADS elsewhere, and when I reinstated it, the errors are flagged in the proper include files. So I'd say something's changed in the latest release version of MADS which has broken this functionality in WUDSN (although I cannot imagine what, since the console output looks the same).

Can you post the exact MADS version and a short source example?

Yep: kept 'em for you:

MADS.zip

Small test program in 'src' folder. 'Old MADS' is the version which works OK, 'New MADS' is the version which triggers the issue, and should be the version currently available for download from the official website. Compiling the test program under WUDSN 1.6.3 with the newer MADS results in the error marker pertaining to line 4 of TEST.INC being placed on line 4 of ERRTEST.ASM. Using the older compiler, the error marker appears in TEST.INC.

From the 1.9.4 read-me:

- Added normalize paths for files to operate under Unixami, the characters '\' are converted to '/'

But also under Windows:

1.9.3: C:\jac\system\Atari800\Programming\2012\FJC-MADS\src\test.inc (3) WARNING: Unused label LABEL

1.9.4: C:/jac/system/Atari800/Programming/2012/FJC-MADS/src/test.inc (3) WARNING: Unused label LABEL

I'll PM tebe. Besides that I've made the detection in WUDSN IDE more tolerant here now. It anyway accept both separators everywhere, only here the normalization was some lines too late.

Edited by JAC!

• 2 weeks later...