IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

To be honest I'd not bothered downloading this because I've got a text editor/assembler/emulator setup I can carry between mac and PC so I really didn't think I needed it. Then about a week ago my curiosity got the better of me, seeing as I'd had to install eclipse for something else anyway. In terms of ease of use and speed of iterating through attempts at coding things it's been like night and day - everything feels way more comfortable and quicker now.

I really should've switched earlier...

• Like 3

Maybe it has just forgotten about the update site. Check if "http:// www.wudsn.com/update" is there in the "Available Sites".

If that doesn't help just try to uninstall the WUDSN IDE feature and install it again from the update site www.wudsn.com/update explicitly.

Had to uninstall Eclipse, delete .Eclipse in Home and then it worked... Happens sometimes with complex beasts like Eclipse :)

Working great now!

What is better then returning from vacation and finding 3 more happy users of my IDE! Thanks for all the kind comments. What sack writes indicates that I set the target for the IDE exactly right, not re-inventing the wheel (e.g. compiler, emulator) but be the binding part between all the cool wheels we already have (MADS, Altirra) and make them turn faster on the different OS roads. If it's OK for you you sack, I'l quote your post on my site. It really summarizes all there is to say about the IDE.

I have some backlog of release news videos to do, because since 1.6.x I didn't have the equipment to create them. So many of the the features that were released since then have probably gone unnoticed so far for most users. If everything works out, I'l create some videos next week.

And totally forgot that with retro_otaku and sack-c0s we now have ...

post-17404-0-28370000-1408752599_thumb.jpg

... WUDSN IDE installation I know of. Probably not all of them are really used, but on the other hand I for sure don't know all of them.

• Like 3

What is better then returning from vacation and finding 3 more happy users of my IDE!

Four. I've been fooling around with it since early in the week as well. I haven't done much but I'm VERY impressed, especially so since you've gone out of your way to include Atari800MacX in your emulator options for us Mac folks. :)

And totally forgot that with retro_otaku and sack-c0s we now have ...

attachicon.gif100.jpg

... WUDSN IDE installation I know of. Probably not all of them are really used, but on the other hand I for sure don't know all of them.

101. :)

Seriously, your IDE is pretty awesome. Thank you for your very hard work in putting it all together.

Somehow I currently feel more like coding than creating the video tutorials. Here's the preview of the result: Support for Atari (based on ASAP) and C64 (based on JSIDPLAY2) sound files, display of corresponding properties and addresses, etc.

post-17404-0-02924600-1409404903_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 4

Thanks to Fox (author of ASAP), the export of sound files in multiple formats works now. This will allow me top pick a tune from ASMA, save it as RMT and use it in the code for my tutorial. And after a loooong and hard fight with the SWT layout widgets and layout managers I found a layout that looks plausible and nice enough.

post-17404-0-49628200-1409853443_thumb.png post-17404-0-54704600-1409853444_thumb.png

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 4

>any SAP into RMT?

Any SAP that was created from RMT. For SAPs created from CMC you'll get CMC. And for some you'll only get "SAP" or "XEX", because the were created with "something".

Fox did an awesome job reverting the stuff from the executables. Like this

case ASAPModuleType.SAP_B:
			if ((this.init == 1019 || this.init == 1017) && this.player == 1283)
				return "dlt";
			if ((this.init == 1267 || this.init == 1263) && this.player == 1283 || this.init == 62707 && this.player == 62723)
				return this.fastplay == 156 ? "mpd" : "mpt";
			if (this.init == 3200 || this.getRmtSapOffset(module, moduleLen) > 0)
				return "rmt";
			if (this.init == 1269 || this.init == 62709 || this.init == 1266 || (this.init == 1255 || this.init == 62695 || this.init == 1252) && this.fastplay == 156 || (this.init == 1253 || this.init == 62693 || this.init == 1250) && (this.fastplay == 104 || this.fastplay == 78))
				return "tmc";
			if (this.init == 4224 && this.player == 1283 || this.init == 4992 && this.player == 2051)
				return "tm2";
			if (this.init == 1024 && this.player == 1027)
				return "fc";
This "Export" feature is already included in the current ASAP version. I "only" added the UI, visualization and integration in Eclipse as alternative frontend.

Besides that I've talked to PG and and mid-term he'll provide a 2nd repository/download with the original files of ASMA before conversion to .SAP also.

Edited by JAC!
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

FAQ Updates: http://www.wudsn.com/index.php/ide/faq

• New question "Why are the errors and warnings from an include file assigned to the main source file in the problems view?" added.
  • Question "How do I compile into disk images?" extended with description and a bundle with binaries for MacOS X users.
    The binaries have been provided by Fredrick Holst (freetz) and you can find the latest versions also on his web site.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

How can I setup Outline to detect labels and equations too? I tried just basic eclipse, installed WUDSN via link, created project but in outline are only ORGs and INS + ICL files I think.

I post the reply here, since it specific to the IDE.

Looks like you found the font settings already :-) The filter field in the preferences is the best way to locate things.

post-17404-0-15502500-1411677232_thumb.png

The basic rule is the labels and equates must start in column 0, i.e. no leading spaces or tabs.

That is because of the way the background parser works and to be able to parse fast enough for large sources.

In addition the parsing depends on the editor (and hence compiler) you use.

By default ".asm" is associated with MADS and it's syntax.

This tutorial describes how to change default file extensions and editors

Edited by JAC!

Yes, I found font settings quickly, but it was not changing all the fonts, directives, instructions, numbers etc. still had wrong font. Didn't know that eclipse must be restarted. I think WUDSN reads the default font at startup and does not reflect "runtime" changes.

Outline works fine when I open the source file in MADS editor but when I try open it in XASM editor (to use XASM compiler as I understand), it shows just orgs, includes etc.

And another thing I just run into.. how to assemble and run executable if there are warnings with XASM? I use show unused labels siwtch, so if there are some unused labels, the XASM returns with errorcode 1 I think, but it will compile the executable as there are not any errors. When errors occur, the return code is 2 AFAIK.

>Didn't know that eclipse must be restarted.

Not Eclipse, but the open editors keep their font. Only my editor adapt when the Assembler Settings are changed. So changing the default font means you have to close the open editors and open them again for the new font to take effect. Maybe I can find a hook to be notified of that kind of change also.

>but when I try open it in XASM editor (to use XASM compiler as I understand), it shows just orgs, includes etc.

Yep, that turned out to be a bug. It's fixed in my local 1.7.0 build now.

> I use show unused labels switch, so if there are some unused labels, the XASM returns with errorcode 1 I think, but it will compile the executable as there are not any errors. When errors occur, the return code is 2

Never had that case before. All other compilers only return non-zero values in case of errors. I've extended the handling in 1.7.0 so compilers can define which return codes mean success.

I'll PM you the link to the preview download so you can test. Good to have an actual XASM user, so that parts gets really tested now.