IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

Yes, i fixed a bug that only appeared under Linux, and the compiler accepted an invalid sequence. I've uploaded the build for the abovementioned commit. It should work again now.

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

Not sure if I asked this already or if it was already implemented in a beta (so, apologies in advance), but would it be possible for the sorting of labels and identifiers in the Outline section to be case-insenstive? Right now, all identifiers whose names begin with a lowercase letter appear later in the list than those whose names begin with an uppercase character.

13 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Not sure if I asked this already or if it was already implemented in a beta (so, apologies in advance), but would it be possible for the sorting of labels and identifiers in the Outline section to be case-insenstive? Right now, all identifiers whose names begin with a lowercase letter appear later in the list than those whose names begin with an uppercase character.

This might be doable through (or in fact entirely depend on) the locale / language setting in your OS?

25 minutes ago, flashjazzcat said:

Really?

Not sure TBH, I just remember seeing my directory listings on Linux sorted differently when I was looking for the right locale setting, but (a) I do not remember the details (might have been something with punctuation symbols, not letter capitalisation), (b) it all depends on how WUDSN is doing it, it might as well delegate the job to the Swing GUI library.

16 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Hello Jon,

the behavior depends on if the assembler itself considers labels as case-senstive or not. There are no settings or influencing factors.

Kind regards, Peter.

image.thumb.png.7ef82cbbfadb3c3cce137fe7070b0c69.png

I assume you indicate a semantic with the lower-case start character. And I know it's not really what you want, but maybe prefixing the lower-case label with an additional "_" (similar to local labels with "."/"?") is a solution.

image.thumb.png.7fd0e8a4de995ee58846812d03cea66a.png

3 hours ago, JAC! said:

Hello Jon,

the behavior depends on if the assembler itself considers labels as case-senstive or not. There are no settings or influencing factors.

Kind regards, Peter.

image.thumb.png.7ef82cbbfadb3c3cce137fe7070b0c69.png

I assume you indicate a semantic with the lower-case start character. And I know it's not really what you want, but maybe prefixing the lower-case label with an additional "_" (similar to local labels with "."/"?") is a solution.

image.thumb.png.7fd0e8a4de995ee58846812d03cea66a.png

That's almost as surprising as the prior response. :)

I have no particular insight into how WUDSN works, but I assumed the code parser would collate a list of identifiers and simply sort and present them however it saw fit (since the assembler need not even be present for the outlining feature to work). I was hoping to avoid the situation of a label like 'buildLBA' effectively appearing in a separate list of lowercase identifiers after the end of the list of identifiers beginning with (or wholly comprising) uppercase letters, since a case-insensitive sorting algorithm would - for example - place 'buildLBA' right after 'BootDisk' and in front of 'CheckSwap' regardless of character case.

Perhaps this is just the way Eclipse works, anyway, so I'll have to live with it (the source files being far too huge to start messing around with label names just in order to circumvent this issue). Thanks!

WUDSN IDE Tools and Projects Update for Mad-Pascal and Mad-Assembler.

A lot has happened since I first added the preliminary support for Mad-Pascal (MP). Today, I found the time to update MP and MADS to the latest version (1.7.0/2.15). I've also split and improved the batch script for compiling ".pas" files to automatically detect and add the required include paths for units and assembly code when calling MP & MADS (this is often the major obstacle). In the course of doing this, room for improvements in the current MP documentation was found, which I'll contribute soon (https://github.com/tebe6502/mad-pascal-en-mkdocs/compare/master...peterdell:mad-pascal-en-mkdocs:master).

So if you now perform a clean install of the daily WUDSN IDE version, you should be able to compile and run "Example.pas" by simply clicking "Example.bat".

image.thumb.png.c1acb0ee57fec8d59ff839b87c5e0872.png

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

For closure, Peter had indeed fixed the Outline label sorting issue several revisions ago, but I had simply been resistant to updates owing to many plugins becoming broken in some more recent Eclipse builds. However, Peter convinced me to try a completely fresh installation and I'm now completely happy (especially since Eclipse's dark mode now bears looking at). :)

image.thumb.png.ee51894e80367a40d9aab7b94f46c198.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1