IGNORED

WUDSN IDE: The free integrated Atari 8-bit development plugin for Eclipse

WUDSN IDE 1.4.0 released

Why is releasing always that hard. 4 am and finally it's done. I have summarized the new features and updates on http://www.wudsn.com and will update the "Features" tab tomorrow since I really feel like I ought to be in bed now ;-)

As always you can install the update via the menu "Help/Software Updates...".

Bye, JAC!

Hello,

I just installed WUDSN IDE for the first time... using instructions on project website.

I'm using XASM, but I dunno how to change tabsize... I'm using 10, can it be customized?

I would welcome possibility to execute custom script (executable) before and/or after source code compilation.

And finally most nasty note... I cannot see the comfort increase in this whole thing. Maybe I cannot use it right way. I think video presentation of IDE features would be nice. I'm not using eclipse so it's all new for me.

Regards,

Martin

Hi,

Coool, It's really great to get feedback so early, so here somere replies:

> I use .ALIGN mads macro on my program, and still get an error on compiling process.

Can you please send me the details via PM? I just tried a simple .ALIGN in my example program and it worked.

>I'm using XASM, but I dunno how to change tabsize... I'm using 10, can it be customized?

Go to menu "Window/Preferences" then to "General/Text Editors".

post-17404-125283825438_thumb.png

>I would welcome possibility to execute custom script (executable) before and/or after source code compilation.

This should already be possible using the "User Defined Application" at least for "after source code compilation" (that's one reason why I have added it) in the last release. post-17404-12528385791_thumb.png.

> Maybe I cannot use it right way. I think video presentation of IDE features would be nice. I'm not using eclipse so it's all new for me.

If you don't know Eclipse at all it might be hard to understand where and how to do some things. I recommend one of the basic tutorial you can find on "www.eclipse.org". Reagarding the video I actually thought about creating one. Does anybody know a tool to record this including audio/voice?.

Edited by peter.dell

• 2 weeks later...

One thing I've noticed with the new version is that when I open a new session on an existing project, the XEX will never compile. It seems reluctant to overwrite a previous XEX in the project folder. I have to go to the package explorer, right-click, delete XEX. It will come up "Out of sync", so I refresh the windows, then delete the XEX. However, it still won't compile until I restart Eclipse. Then it seems to work, but it's a drag. Never had this problem before.

It seems reluctant to overwrite a previous XEX in the project folder.

That might be a side-effect of the removal of the automatic deletion before the compilation (requested by you ;- ). I'll try to reproduce that. Can you please test if the problem also exists, if you configure temp as the output directory? If not, I have an idea and adding a automatic resource refresh call after the compilation might solve the issue. Eclipse has this feature also when running external scripts (probably for the same reason).

Edited by peter.dell

That might be a side-effect of the removal of the automatic deletion before the compilation (requested by you ;- ). I'll try to reproduce that. Can you please test if the problem also exists, if you configure temp as the output directory? If not, I have an idea and adding a automatic resource refresh call after the compilation might solve the issue. Eclipse has this feature also when running external scripts (probably for the same reason).

I thought it might be something to do with what I'd asked for... icon_ponder.gif Anyway, doesn't appear to happen when the output folder is "Temp". Things certainly seem to be getting out of sync when the problem does occur, though, so hopefully your solution will work. I must tell you again that I think WUDSN is absolutely superb; I use it for all my programming now, and I it's always a major event when a new version comes out. icon_smile.gif

Edited by flashjazzcat

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Just a small sign of life from me here. The past 14 days were quite tough. First my laptop started to go crazy (RBAM problems), then I found out that Windows cannot display thumbnails of PNG files (no way...) if they are not named ".png". I had planned to save the ".cnv" files from the converter in PNG format, so you can have parameters with thumbnail in one file. It all seemed to work until I found out that it only worked because Windows didn't update its thumbnail cache. So I had to revert all my code concerning the converter now. And now that I wanted to test it on my Linux & Mac images it turned out that the backups of the VMware images I created back when my RBAM was messy are broken. So it'll take a while until I got everything running again. Then you'll hopefully get the next update...

Adds some more thumbnail previewing to explorer, ..

Hi Pete,

Thanks for the tip. I had a look at exactly that when I found out that my idea didn't work. But the effort to install Visual Studio and code C# is far too much for what I want to achive. Now I'm trying to get the Graphics Converter running at all (i.e. save the resulting actual image PNG) to give make the feature more than a simple viewer.

Cheers, Peter.

WUDSN IDE 1.4.0++ / Site update

Hi there,

I finally managed to update the "News" and the "Features section" on http://www.wudsn.com with the details of the version 1.4.0 and also even the details of the new version 1.4.2 which I'm going to release (hopefully ;-) tomorrow.

Have fun, Peter.

WUDSN IDE update 1.4.2 released

Once again it's early morning and I'm finally done with packaging the new version. As usual you can update the feature via the update site. Note that the file format of the ".cnv" files for the graphics editor alpha version has changed incompatibly - and probably also not for the the last time ;-)

Enjoy, Peter.

Hi Jon!

Can you please verify if the problem you had when compiling to the source directory is now gone? I have included an automatic refresh of the folder in this case (like when running an external tool from the Eclipse toolbar). Since I could reproduce the problem, I can't tell if this solved it ;-)

Can you please verify if the problem you had when compiling to the source directory is now gone? I have included an automatic refresh of the folder in this case (like when running an external tool from the Eclipse toolbar). Since I could reproduce the problem, I can't tell if this solved it icon_winking.gif

Yeah - I haven't encountered that problem at all since installing the update. :)

AAAAHA... CTRL+SPACE is code completion suggestions... hell that's cool feature in eclipse

OK, OK, I agree that I'll go and do one of those documentation/promotion screen cams (I actually I even tried already). For me, Eclipse has been daily work since more than 7 years, but I remeber how (strange) it was in the beginning. Therefore I think I would be really helpful - now I got an to bed and tomorrow I'l get a youtube account ;-)

PS: CTRL+7 is toggle comment/uncomment

AAAAHA... CTRL+SPACE is code completion suggestions... hell that's cool feature in eclipse... I was under the impression it works like in visual studio or xcode...

Actually, the Ctrl+Spacebar will force the code complete in Visual Studio. It doesn't always want to come up automatically for some reason.

Stephen Anderson