IGNORED

New game port on the way - Gr......er

Heaven/TQA

well, I'm back from my trip earlier than expected so I'll get back on to the title screen tonight.

The colours are dark again on that WIP! :D I'll have to lighten them again on the final pic. You can hardly see the green grid lines at all. I must stop messing with the G2F palette.

Here's closer to how it will look......

post-4724-1247253677_thumb.png

Edited by Tezz

well, I'm back from my trip earlier than expected so I'll get back on to the title screen tonight.

The colours are dark again on that WIP! :D I'll have to lighten them again on the final pic. You can hardly see the green grid lines at all. I must stop messing with the G2F palette.

I need some explanations for that picture ;)

What is this black "Dognose" and why has it a blue part?

Why is the grid green, while it's red in the game?

Why is the "Jet" blue while ingame it's green yet?

And, finally, why did you remove the "fire" that could have been print on a game's box? I looks much more professional than the red/yellow. But this is up to you.

The image is entirely based on the original box art Emkay.

I believe the "dog nose" is the characteristic nose section of a harrier jumpjet or some type of similar jet

Here is a photo of an actual jumpjet with a quick google search : http://myoops.org/cocw/mit/NR/rdonlyres/Gl...chp_harrier.jpg

Yes the palette is set wrong.

Yes the colours of the pic don't match the colours of the game but well that'll take all of 10 minutes to correct :)

The original box art is here on Lemon... http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//w...26coverID%3D669

Edited by Tezz

i am keeping everything near to the original so we should use the original "green grid" artwork imho... the player sprite does not look like the harrier... so what? ;)
:) Yea, I can only guess the box artist wasn't briefed fully about the game and came up with the idea of using a jet fighter

The image is entirely based on the original box art Emkay.

OK. Found it.

http://www.mobygames.com/game/gridrunner/c...eCoverId,34991/

But, for sure, in the box art the "fire" fits more to you 1st picture and the "dognose" has reflections on it, that look like it got broken in your image.

To prevent from this, you really should stick with the same colour and different brightness at the "Dognose".

Or, you could do some colour variation as I did with the "sea" in my Pirates conversion....

pirates_amiga_emkay.png

This could help to differ the colours of the reflection from the torso of the jet.

The rest of the image is well already.

Edited by emkay

The thing I'd change if possible is the © 1982 Yak to hires - use PMGs to do the wingtip parts that live on the same vertical area.
:) I was originally going to do that at the top but left it unchanged. I will do that on the final version to use.

Great job on that, I think that looks absolutely fecking ace :))

The original box art is here on Lemon... http://www.lemon64.com/?mainurl=http%3A//w...26coverID%3D669

Yes, but still don't like the font in conjunction with the title.

It's the font for 'HES-Ware'-titles (used also for e.g. 'Retro Ball'), but it appears totally out of context here.

CU

Irgendwer

Edit: Just done a quick mockup for an alternative style:

post-7778-1247306096_thumb.png

Edited by Irgendwer

Yes, but still don't like the font in conjunction with the title.

It's the font for 'HES-Ware'-titles (used also for e.g. 'Retro Ball'), but it appears totally out of context here.

Yeah, got to agree with that; the name of the game was chosen based on the Blade Runner logo on a movie poster and the font.

hmm, well it is absolutely right that Jeff wanted to create a bladerunner type font for the game and I believe this was the first thing that Jeff did when he was creating the game. The box art really should have had the same logo/font as the game but it's easy to gather that as with the rest of the box art, it looks to have just been created from a loose description given to the artist and the font is due to the reason explained above.

I remember it was pretty common for box art to barely resemble the game.

What does everyone think? should I change the current font to a Bladerunner inspired font such as Christians example above? or just leave it as is...

Edited by Tezz

hmm, well it is absolutely right that Jeff wanted to create a bladerunner type font for the game and I believe this was the first thing that Jeff did when he was creating the game. The box art really should have had the same logo/font as the game but it's easy to gather that as with the rest of the box art, it looks to have just been created from a loose description given to the artist and the font is due to the reason explained above.

I remember it was pretty common for box art to barely resemble the game.

What does everyone think? should I change the current font to a Bladerunner inspired font such as Christians example above? or just leave it as is...

Personally I like it as is. I immediately thought of the box art when I saw it.

Just my opinion - guess it's really up to you and Heaven ;)

I prefer the original box-art font, even if it's not the right Bladerunner in-game font.