IGNORED

New game port on the way - Gr......er

Heaven/TQA

Pic below after some more work tonight on the colours, I've also added some shading on the grid to enhance the perspective depth a litle ....

The nose looks much better, but the reflection still looks like a broken part of the dognose, i'ts just because it uses still the same colours as the torso of the jet.

The new "DLI" on the fire kills the good effect.

as some might read my blog I have started recreating the sound fx by adapting the sound routines directly. not using transfer tables nor RMT FX feature... (sorry Miker... ;))

but now I need some help again...

please play the vic20 version and try to setup the fire sound. I am playing around with the pokey registers but I am not able to get it right...

I simply need a noise sound which sounds like a starting rocket... can someone post me in basic the settings for pokey or even small routine?

thanks!

Maybe do the whole thing in 16 KHz mode.

I just DL'd a ROM and tried out the VIC-20 version.

A quick bash, this is similar...

10 POKE 53768,1
20 POKE 53761,168
30 POKE 53763,136
40 FOR F=10 TO 200 STEP 6
50 POKE 53760,F:POKE 53762,F/2   <try this also without the /2 on second voice>
60 NEXT F

You might want to tweak the volume relationships... probably chuck some ADSR in too.

Miker, you are right... $07 is not too bad...

btw. can you move in diagonal directions with joystick? In windows version of atari800win I can but not in the mac os x version?

connected is my usb competition pro stick...

Hi Heaven

I cannot move on the diagonal on OS X. I just tried FlorianD's hardware tester and all directions on my USB CX40 work fine there but not in the game. Strange.

Can't test Windows at the moment, my MS laptop is at work. Have you tried on real H/W?

Edited by spookt

yeah. I love Tezz screen... I am still working on it but I was away few days business trip. So I have some time this weekend to do some Gridrunner work and not playing battlefield1943, wow,... too much work for too less sparetime.

but glad to find my nc10+os x can now go via wi-fi into the net and not via my umts vodafone stick...thanks to a lonely netgear wlan stick and as american company they had luckily os x drivers...

small update before I am going to play Battlefield1943... ;)

- all sound fx patches implemented

- player overlay does not stay on screen

- highscore routine patched

- score moved

things to do:

- rebuild the sound fx but now all patch routines are in place so we can play around with the pokey settings in more detail

- the "SCORE" will be moved 4 pixels to the left so it stays in the middle of logo and score

- intermission screen text and dead screen text will be moved 2 chars to the left

- game over text garbage will be fixed

- right screen margin from 22 to 20 for the player and the centipedes

- random shooting of the zappers (compare vic20 to a8...on a8 always same at the beginning...)

that's it...check it out...

gridrunner.xex.zip