IGNORED

CGE SALE- ATARI 2600 NTSC RACER

Wonder007

Hello All,

I forgot to offer this game to the DP folks (I reeived some PM's about this) so I have reopened the preorder period for another three days. Thus, the deadline is July 8, 2009 at 6:00 PM.

Sorry for any inconvenience but I do not want to disappoint anybody. Don't worry though, production has already begun so there will be no delay.

Thanks!!!

Wonder007

Man, Wonder007 has 7 of these reserved (wow, just noticed the 7's, coincidence?). He better not be trying to flip these....... :mad: :mad:

:-D :grin: :D :D

Thank you for making this available.

Making the carts to demand can be a good idea, but regardless of the demand (or lack thereof) at this given moment, I think you're crazy to make less than 30 loose copies (and less than 100 total). Inevitably, some people are going to want this game a month or two (or six) from now (because they never knew about it, didn't have the cash, etc.) and if none are available, they'll go elsewhere. It's understandable that you don't want to "drag this out", but you've offered a very short sale window on these. Making an extremely small run just gives a prime opportunity for Hozer et al to start turning these things out as soon as the ROM image is released.

You do what you desire, but I'd have at least 100 copies made if I were you (or 120 or some other round number). For whatever reason, I see quite a few names missing from that list who are people who would normally buy something like this.

Question: Will the box be standard Atari size and style? If so, I'd like Option #1 please - CIB. A scan would be much appreciated.

Whoops, just noticed I missed the deadline. Well, in case you choose to make more, please consider me interested. Just found out about it today (July 5th).

In any case, on behalf of the community, THANKS for doing this! (whether I get one or not).

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATES....

1) POST #1 has been updated

2) Production is coming out smoothly. Please be patient....it will DEFINITELY be worth the wait..... :)

3) You can still order Racer....I still have OPTION #1 and #2 available. Please PM me or post on this thread if you are interested.

Thanks to all of you who have ordered. After I finish with Racer, I have another game that will be released.....another unreleased proto for the NTSC Atari 2600. Stay tuned for more information. :)

- Wonder007

98pacecar would you trade numbers? I'd prefer #43 rather than my lower #29?

And when do I pay, if I didn't already?

Hello Ian,

Thanks for your purchase of Racer. I will be charging members when the product is ready to ship. :)

Wonder007

Hello All,

POST #1 has been updated. There are still some OPTION #1 and OPTION #2 Racers available. Production is going well. If you have any questions, please PM me.

Thanks,

Wonder007

I am shocked there are only 50ish buyers, crap like Snow White sold what, 250? How about Pick Up? :? :arrow: :-o

Entirely different animal...those games were released at shows like CGE and Philly Classic. Even so, it took months/years to sell that many copies. Lasercade sold out because it was a smaller run, but I think Sean Kelly still has copies of some of the earlier releases (Rush Hour, etc.) which were produced in greater volumes. I believe Marc O. still has quite a few copies left of Snow White, RealSports Basketball, etc.

I am shocked there are only 50ish buyers, crap like Snow White sold what, 250? How about Pick Up? :? :arrow: :-o

Entirely different animal...those games were released at shows like CGE and Philly Classic. Even so, it took months/years to sell that many copies. Lasercade sold out because it was a smaller run, but I think Sean Kelly still has copies of some of the earlier releases (Rush Hour, etc.) which were produced in greater volumes. I believe Marc O. still has quite a few copies left of Snow White, RealSports Basketball, etc.

Up to date 171 SW and 168 RSBB have moved.

Sales of repros (CB) are getting slower and slower. I sell about 3 to 8 copies (CB) of each game at max. I do it for the fun of it. The design of a box usually takes about 5 to 10 hours.

Edited by Marc Oberhäuser