IGNORED

AtariAge Member Subscriptions?

Albert

How much and how frequently would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge Membership (details of what might be offered are in the first post)?  

122 members have voted

1. 1. How much would you be willing to pay for an AtariAge membership?

• $5
    • $10
    • $25
    • $50
    • $100
    • I would not be interested.
  2. 2. How often would you be willing to pay?

• Once a month
    • Every six months
    • Once a year
    • One time only
    • I would not be interested.
  3. 3. Would you take advantage of a personalized AtariAge email address?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I've added a $5 Monthly subscription option. It doesn't automatically renew, which is something I don't want to experiment with at this time.

..Al

Sweet, a pay as you go plan, something a little more close to my budget. ( I really need to quit buying so much crap).

The problem with paying monthly is that the people who paid the whole thing for a year or two won't feel as special anymore. Maybe monthly subscribers could have something like "Subscriber in Training" or "Inferior Subscriber" under their avatars?

Well I don't see why they won't feel as special as they are paid in full and "Inferior Subscriber" title won't make the monthly subscribers feel to happy either.

Maybe the monthly subscribers should get 1 perk added every month till they are paid for the entire year ??

Is PayPal the only way to pay for a subscription ??

Edited by LYNXGUY

The problem with paying monthly is that the people who paid the whole thing for a year or two won't feel as special anymore. Maybe monthly subscribers could have something like "Subscriber in Training" or "Inferior Subscriber" under their avatars?

Well I don't see why they won't feel as special as they are paid in full and "Inferior Subscriber" title won't make the monthly subscribers feel to happy either.

Maybe the monthly subscribers should get 1 perk added every month till they are paid for the entire year ??

Perhaps the monthly subscribers should get more benefits as they are paying more? :ponder:

..Al

Well there are 18 perks so monthly subscribers will get a new perk every 3 weeks which gives them something to look forward to and the perks can be random so they don't know which one they will get.

or

The monthly subscriber can list the perks in the order they want to receive them.

Edited by LYNXGUY

• 2 months later...
- Contests for subscribers

You might want to check with an attorney on this one. As a "pay-for-play", it could be considered a private lottery (illegal in most of the U.S.) That's why most product promotional contests have that fine print saying stuff like, "To enter without purchase, mail a 3" x 5" card with your name and address to..." blah, blah, blah.

Edited by A.J. Franzman

• 12 years later...

So i was trying to renew my Subscription toady, finally got it to work. Although it seems even by choosing the credicard option it still goes though as a guest on PayPal. The biggest issue was trying to stop PayPal asking me to log in constantly. I do have a PayPal account but haven't used it in years and don't know the password. As many may know trying to change with two step authentication is a pain because it's trying to send the security code to an old phone number.

Anyway just thought i would mention as many others may run into the same issue and give up. I don't know if there is any other options for creditcard  payment without going through PayPal?

-cheers Anthony

Hi Anthony,

I'm glad you brought this up, as there's actually a new Subscription built into the forum I really need to transition to.  It should work much better than the current system.  I'll see if I can get that setup and then move everyone with existing subscriptions onto that.  And, yeah, not good if people are having problems purchasing a subscription with the current system.  I haven't heard anyone else say anything, but that doesn't mean people have given up if they ran into what you described.

Thank you,

..Al

• Thanks 1