IGNORED

IS The FB3 project still alive?

Not dead, just focused on some other things I fell behind on and I'm finally catching up with. FB3 has changed quite a bit from what my original intentions were to be, right now I'm not really ready to discuss what I have in mind yet, maybe in a few more months, I have a couple of things I need to take care of right now.

Curt

I'm just curious, since lately there hasn't been much word about this lately (more like a few years). Is this project dead?.

• Like 4

No, that was the FB2 Portable. FB3 was meant to be a set top box. I would still like to go that route, but I think in the design config being considered, it could be done as a portable as well. I don't want to spend much time on this now otherwise the gears are start turning and I'll take away time from some other things that really need immediate attention right now...

Curt

Was the FB3 the one that was possibly going to be a portable?

No, that was the FB2 Portable. FB3 was meant to be a set top box. I would still like to go that route, but I think in the design config being considered, it could be done as a portable as well. I don't want to spend much time on this now otherwise the gears are start turning and I'll take away time from some other things that really need immediate attention right now...

Curt

Would it help if I mailed you one of my kidneys? Because I'd do it if it meant more Atari hardware.

Edited by famicommander

Is it too early to start thinking/fantasizing about a Flashback 4? I vote for a unit that connects to your TV, but plays Arcade coin-op games by Atari and Kee Games from the birth of videogames to 1979. It was a time when there was a transition from TTL-based hardware to the first 8-bit microprocessors; the 6800, 6502, and the Z80. The screens were all in black and white and the game play was simplistic. I would like to see titles like Computer Space, Pong, Space Race, Tank, Drag Race, Sprint, Canyon Bomber, Crash 'n' Score, Destroyer, Dominoes, Gran Trak 10, Night Driver, Starship 1, Stunt Cycle, and Fire Truck. Perhaps I'm one of the few with such a sense of nostalgia and sentimentality for this period of videogaming, but I'll never know unless I ask, right? With the Flashback covering 7800 and 2600 titles, the Flashback 2 covering 2600 titles with perfect accuracy, and the FB3 planned to get into the realm of early Atari home computers, it seems to me that the early arcade titles remain as a significant part of Atari history to be preserved.

Wow, I am amazed it is still alive. I thought for all intents and purposes it was dead. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

I wish the portable thing never died. That would have been nice.

I didn't. We were looking for an investor for it this past Winter/Spring, google for the coverage.

I've got about tree fiddy. Will that cover it?

I'm just curious, since lately there hasn't been much word about this lately (more like a few years). Is this project dead?.

Was FB3 the 5200 console?

According to post 425 made by Curt in the FB3 thread, yes it was. Granted that was years ago, but I'd assume it would still be the case. I'd say that that post is the best one on that entire 30+ page thread and provides the most info about the FB3 to date.

Oddly enough, I just noticed that it was 4 years ago today that Curt made that thread and started work on this project.

Edited by TwinChargers

Wow, I am amazed it is still alive. I thought for all intents and purposes it was dead. Good stuff! :thumbsup:

I wish the portable thing never died. That would have been nice.

I didn't.....

YOU'RE the FB Portable?! How much are you and where can I buy you?!

:P

Edited by Frizo

Curt

Was that what Marty was playing with at the MGC09?

AX

Curt

AX

I was showing everyone the FB2 portable.

Curt

AX

I was showing everyone the FB2 portable.

Yeah, that's what I meant. Whenever... wherever... I'm ready to buy that thing :D Very Very cool.

AX