IGNORED

New Plug n' Play system actually has GOOD classic games!

jeremysart

Some really good games, a few wtf? games (it being Japanese and all)

When yo get it, I reccomend playing all the games. There's a few on there where the name in the menu doesn't match the game being played. Xevious is on it.. Tryto find it. lol

All in all a good system. The pad kinda stinks, but its not terrible.

I just got back from my local Walgreens last night. They did not have the one 100 in 1 mentioned. I bought the only one they had, a 50 in 1 for $13.79. It is by dreamGEAR, and called simply Plug'N'Play. It was in the toy isle. Here it is:

50in1.jpg

Y, my Walgreens had those 50-in-1 systems for $13.99 in one aisle and the 100-in-1 systems in a "seasonal" aisle with a bunch of Christmas toys on sale. It was $9.99. Neither of these matches the mall pirates' kiosk machines. Those had 102 games, came with two pluggable controllers, and even had a cartridge slot for playing your legacy NES games on. The trouble is they wanted $49 for those, and I thought that was too much for a pirate system.

After hearing about that 50 in 1 and how the games are all bad, I didn't even bother opening it. I went to another Walgreens and found the 101 in 1. I bought the last two, one to play and one to put away, unopened. One rang up $9.99, and the other $4.99 (discounted if you buy two I guess). I just briefly played several games, but so far so good, I'm having a lot of fun. Are they all Nintendo/Famicom games, or are some not? The title screens so far are all modified, with the copyrights and years removed. Strange how this is allowed in a major store for several months now. Anyway, here's a pic of the packaging:

101in1.jpg

I'm thinking about doing a unpackaging video of mine. Should I do it?

Sure! Post a link and I'll watch it. "Opening up" vids are always fun.

Video coming shortly after I edit it together.

Just a heads up though. I tried open it with my new rotary tool because I thought it would be fun. Instead of using my trusty knife I normally use in my videos.

But doing so, lead into some embarrassing moments for me in the video. And causing me some frustration towards the end of the video.

Edited by nightwheel

I just had a great idea for an unboxing video: Halfway through the process, a facehugger from Aliens unexpectedly springs forth from the box and affixes itself to the camera lens.

Great idea FS!

Actually, that would make a cool novelty package for an "Alien Games" plug and play compilation with Alien games like Aliens from Konami and Alien Vs. Predator by Capcom. The facehugger could pop out of the package when opened, like the "snake in the peanut can" gag.

Don't bother with the dreamgear games. They are horrible. I have YouTube vids to prove it.

I made a thread a while back about the 101-in-1 game set. I have YouTube vids of it. It's a typical Famiclone, but for 10 bucks, you get plenty of bang for your buck.

Here's one of the several vids for the Senario 101-in-1. I can't find the thread I made on here about it.

Let's see if I can embed a video.

<object width="384" height="313"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHR8RPYcSfg&hl=en_US&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rHR8RPYcSfg&hl=en_US&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="384" height="313" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true"></embed></object>

Nope, dunno how to do it. Jeesh.

Okay... let me say this. I've owned both DreamGear units and Senario units in the past. I'm not going to go dig up my old threads, but there are threads.

The DreamGear units suck for 99% of the games. I picked one up while I was in Hawaii to cure boredom while my family was house hunting. All of the games are original. Out of all the games, two of them are decent. I forget which ones, but one was really good although it only had 3 or 4 short levels. I was upset because I had fun with that one. The other game uses the light gun. It was the best light gun I've seen on the NES (except perhaps Chiller maybe?). It was set inside a building and the guys would duck behind couches and bars and stuff. Easy, but loved the graphics and everything.

Senario has been around for awhile. I don't own the current 101 system, but had one of their past systems. All of the games are standard multicart games. There was not one on there that I didn't have. I was looking at this one in store tonight and it didn't look to have any different games, but I cannot be sure. I already have a 101 in 1 sitting around from another manufacturer, but might pick the Walgreens one up in a week or two if they are there.

The joysticks suck on all these units.

This isn't the first time they've been in a major retailers store.. Target, Walmart, and QVC have all sold them.. oh supermarkets also.

Here's a 95 in 1 for $7.94 on QVC, although I notice that is "as is" -- may be a return, etc:

http://www.qvc.com/qic/qvcapp.aspx/view.2/app.detail/params.item.E00290.desc.As-IsVideo-Maxx-95in1-2-Player-Video-Game-System

I have one of those in my closet as we speak. It comes with 2 joysticks and a lightgun attached to one joystick. It has a Famicom cart port.

QVC used to sell others. They had a whole special on it once before Christmas. They had 2 or 3 different units and my Cousin got me one for Christmas once. I think they carried some of the old Senario units. Oh yeah, QVC had these:

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/powerjoy.htm

I got one of them and also had the Power Joy III.

SeaGt posted a link to Target selling the Senario 101 in 1.. it says out of stock, but shows a picture of Konex toys. I hope you get what you paid for. :)

If you go to the Fleamarkets you can find this:

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/powergames.htm

It's a Penguin shaped famiclone. Joystick sucks on this also, but it's wireless at least.. RF.. just don't let anyone walk in the way while you're playing. On the one I had the cartridge was half the size of his.. was pretty cool. 111 games in 1. Only thing is I could never get the cartridge to work in any system but this one.

Check out their main page, I've been going here for years. You can see all sorts of games and clones.

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/

I particularly like this one:

http://www.nesplayer.com/pirates/sdkc2.htm

Best game I've played on the NES.. although it only has 3 levels.

Ok, I picked up the 101 at Walgreens yesterday for $9.99 based on the reviews here. It has just enough good NES games on it to make it worth it but it sure has a lot of stinkers too. What's up with the game where you club baby seals. Seriously, it has a game where your character actually clubs seals. WTF?!

And the build quality of the unit is pretty crappy. There's constant audio interference and the unit occasionally gives me a static shock. After the static discharge the unit either freezes or resets.

What's up with the game where you club baby seals. Seriously, it has a game where your character actually clubs seals. WTF?!

It's not that kind of clubbing. It's based on early American slapstick comedy, where you hit something as it pops out of one of several holes. This routine can still be seen in commercials today.

What's up with the game where you club baby seals. Seriously, it has a game where your character actually clubs seals. WTF?!

It's not that kind of clubbing. It's based on early American slapstick comedy, where you hit something as it pops out of one of several holes. This routine can still be seen in commercials today.

You mean like "Whack-A-Mole"?