IGNORED

New Plug n' Play system actually has GOOD classic games!

jeremysart

I saw the 101 in 1 system in a walgreens yesterday and hesitated and decided not to get it. Re-read this thread today and changed my mind, went back to pick it up and it was gone. :(

That's beat. :( Try another location, I had to go to two to find one.

• 1 month later...

Eh.. I don't think it's hurting their market share. If I want say, Contra... I can download the NES or MAME ROM for play on DC, PC, DS, (done) own the NES cart, (done) play a crappy flash of it, play the actual arcade machine (done), (done) own the FAMI cart of it, (not yet) purchase and download it for the Wii, (nope) or play the version that you can unlock in Contra for the DS. (done). It's not like I am failing to purchase a brand new cartridge of Contra from a store that bought it direct from Nintendo because I would rather pay for a cheap clone. The only people who buy those things are folks who know nothing about video games or folks who know too much about them and wonder what weird hacks might be on them.

Just stay away from the

plug and play. :ponder:

Eh, it's not so bad. I got one on clearance for less than ten bucks. Now, had I paid the 30-40.00 it was selling for new, I would have been pretty pissed. :twisted:

It actually looks decent. What store did you buy it in, I haven't seen it?

Just stay away from the

Eh, it's not so bad. I got one on clearance for less than ten bucks. Now, had I paid the 30-40.00 it was selling for new, I would have been pretty pissed. :twisted:

Looks can be deceiving ;)

I got it from a fellow youtuber buddy. I've never seen one around my area either.

Just stay away from the

Looks can be deceiving ;)

I got it from a fellow youtuber buddy. I've never seen one around my area either.

I got mine at Wal-Mart.

If anyone paid $30-40 for this, they overpaid by a whole lot. The MSRP was $19.99, ~$5 per game.

Looking at AtariLeaf's YouTube review of the games, they don't look as bad to me as he feels they are. I'll grant that the fighting game seems lacking, but I didn't find anything particularly wrong about the other games. If it's mainly lack of difficulty that rubs you the wrong way (putting aside concerns about making sense in the Star Wars universe), are you sure your expectations are set properly for what is really a game intended for young children and casual gamers? It's not targeted at the kind of person who would frequent gaming sites, after all. I'm not trying to excuse shovelware in general, just pointing out that you need to keep the target audience in mind. Is it challenging enough for them? Does it frustrate them?

Incidentally, AtariLeaf, the pronunciation of "Xevious," according to the phonetics of the Japanese reading, ゼビウス, is "Zeh-vii-us." Probably also not well known among Americans, the name of Taito's Darius is supposed to be pronounced "Dah-rye-us"; it does not have the same vowel sounds as "Gradius" ("Grah-dii-us"). I'm serious ("sii-rii-us").

Back on the original topic, I'm disappointed that Walgreens is still selling the bootleg system. A national retail chain should not be selling these things, just as they should not be selling bootleg CDs and DVDs. And Senario LLC, too, who have the license to make and sell LittleBigPlanet figures, should not be making and selling unlicensed goods.

onmode-ky

If anyone paid $30-40 for this, they overpaid by a whole lot. The MSRP was $19.99, ~$5 per game.

I could have sworn that I saw them selling for more than that when they were new, but I may be thinking of another Plug and Play. Even 20.00 is a little much for that system in all honesty.

• 2 months later...