IGNORED

Game Console covers revisted

oldjd

Ok,and so that everybody knows....she has the dimensions and pictures for reference,so she will be starting on a prototype soon.She had a big order to get filled,so was working to get that completed.

I am amazed at how many of you are Vectrex owners,I never paid much attention to it when it was released.

On a different note,and to answer some other questions.

She will soon have quite a bit more in offerings.

Currently working on a Wii,also on a P.S 2 and 3.Xbox,all.

It takes time on each one,to design,cut out,embroider,stich etc,but they look good when she completes them.

Im going to post some more pictures this weekend,to show more offerings.

In the meantime,we both thank all of you,for your interest and for your orders

Figured I would post a short update

First off,I cant believe how many of you have the Vectrex units....wow!

Due to kindness of alot of you on the board,my wife is in the process of doing a mock-up of the console.

What we ended up doing is buying some styrofoam panels and with the dimensions we have ,she should be able to get a decent model to use.

So,shes working on it.

I also wanted to mention again,that she has now pretty much decided that the covers will be in "faux" leather,which does look alot better then the cloth.

Plus all the feedback we have gotten from buyers seems to reaffirm that

I will be adding more pictures of what she has ready over the weekend.

If I havent listed everything or I missed a system,ask..............

Thanks

J.D

Figured I would post a short update

First off,I cant believe how many of you have the Vectrex units....wow!

Due to kindness of alot of you on the board,my wife is in the process of doing a mock-up of the console.

What we ended up doing is buying some styrofoam panels and with the dimensions we have ,she should be able to get a decent model to use.

So,shes working on it.

I also wanted to mention again,that she has now pretty much decided that the covers will be in "faux" leather,which does look alot better then the cloth.

Plus all the feedback we have gotten from buyers seems to reaffirm that

I will be adding more pictures of what she has ready over the weekend.

If I havent listed everything or I missed a system,ask..............

Thanks

J.D

Alright, well just keep us updated on how it's going for the Vectrex cover, I'm sure we'd all like it if it came in silver like the original she already told me she'll try to find that.

Well,the mock up is done!

Thanks to VGC and others for the help.

We ended up buying some styrofoam sheets and cut it to the dimensions given.

Will be sending to VGC for a test fit and then we go from there.

In the meantime,she has made up one for the Wii,which I am attaching pictures of. Also,in case I havent responded to all the other questions,yes we will be having Playstation 3 and X box soon.

This of course in addition to everything else .

Be patient Vectrex owners,shes getting it done

• 1 month later...

Ok,Vectrex,cover complete with pictures.

With a big thank you to Harrison /aka /vgc/we have been doing the fit by mail and now have a completed cover

Take a look at the pictures,sizing should be on the money.

The thread is called metallic silver.

If your interested in this or any of the other covers,please contact my wife Barb at=

nannyssewingtreats@verizon.net

Let her know,if your looking for something special

Oh,price will be $15.00 plus shipping

Well I got the cover today, unfortunatley I wouldn't call it ready to be sold. I sent an email to oldjd's wife so she can fix them before she makes another one. Don't worry they're minor problems, it's a little short on the system the sample sent was a longer so this was just a mistake I guesse. To fit the system the cover is rectangluar, but the embroidery was put on the wider side, and all of you with a vectrex know the front is narrower then the side. This can be attributed to me however, I forgot to include which side to put the embroidery on.

Guess whos idea it was to place the embroidery?Yep mine.Had to guess,and I figured would be the larger side.

She is making the corrections,and will have ready by the weekend.

Again a big thanks to you Harrison.We appreciate your being the test mule for this.

Ya know,I had no idea that this system was that popular.

When it arrived on the scene,I remember looking at it,but for whatever reason I wasnt impressed enough to buy it.

I have now been educated ,and realize that there is quite a die hard following.

That being said ,the cover is on its way to Harrison(Thanks).And hopefully we will have a winner

I know I am probably biased in this opinion,but I think she has done very good with all these covers.

And as I put in the original title of this thread=save the old people,we both appreciate all the input,and praise.

At our age,its difficult to be self supportive,but we are fighting every step of the way!!!!

we dont need no stinkin social security