IGNORED

Game Console covers revisted

oldjd

• 2 weeks later...

Yes,Chris sent the unit and she has made the mockup and sent it back to him to "judge"

I think it looks good.

If Chris says its good,all thats left is to embroider the Vectrex label on the front

While On the subject,we now have the "faux" leather in brown.which would look good on the Coleco,and 5200 systems

Sorry for delay on updating,we are getting ready to move,so things are literally all over the place.

I will update as soon as we hear back from Chris

Great news! :lust:

Yes,Chris sent the unit and she has made the mockup and sent it back to him to "judge"

I think it looks good.

If Chris says its good,all thats left is to embroider the Vectrex label on the front

While On the subject,we now have the "faux" leather in brown.which would look good on the Coleco,and 5200 systems

Sorry for delay on updating,we are getting ready to move,so things are literally all over the place.

Great news! :lust:

I think it looks good.

#

Wait in anticipation of photos for the finalised product.

VectrexMad!

• 3 weeks later...

What's the latest news? Did Chris have time to comment on the final design ?

VectrexMad!

Well the story is...Chris got the cover,he said it was still a bit loose in the back.Mind you we still have his unit here.

He was going to send us some pictures back to show the area that needed attention.

Chris is a very busy person,and I know he is a s anxious as we are to get the completed unit done.

In the meantime,another person has suggested that the name be embroidered directly in front of the screen

I believe we are 98% ready,but need to compare what we have ,to the picture from Chris that shows the area of concern.

Hopefully this will be done very soon.

Keep the faith,its going to happen

You're doing the right thing! It's a little painful & frustrating to wait, but *thank you* for thinking long-term & doing it right--we appreciate it!

-Jason

Well the story is...Chris got the cover,he said it was still a bit loose in the back.Mind you we still have his unit here.

He was going to send us some pictures back to show the area that needed attention.

Chris is a very busy person,and I know he is a s anxious as we are to get the completed unit done.

In the meantime,another person has suggested that the name be embroidered directly in front of the screen

I believe we are 98% ready,but need to compare what we have ,to the picture from Chris that shows the area of concern.

Hopefully this will be done very soon.

Keep the faith,its going to happen

I have bought 3 covers from you off ebay. 2600,7800 and Colecovision. These are A+++ quality!!! Now i need a favor....lol. Anyway you can make one for a Neo GEo AEs system??

See its like this,I truly believe she can make any cover.The trick is having an appropriate "model"

While I have lots of the typical consoles,some stuff like what she is working on are not commonly "found"

I have posted wanted ads here trying to get some dead carcass consoles,but aside from an Atari400 and a commodore,theres not much there.

So,if you or anyone else wants to loan us the console,just as a test dummy,were all for it.

And Barb(wife) said that if any of you want to partake in that deal,she will make the cover for your unit at no charge.

And thank you for the compliments,we both appreciate it very much!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Time to resurrect this .

We seem to have lost Chris/a.k.a=Vectrexer

Still have his unit here,but we havent been able to get hold of him.

Things were progressing very well,and then =Poof= no contact

Anybody here,know where he might be???Concerned about his well being

We are waiting to hear back on some fine tuning that was completed

But havent heard from him since mid feb.

Let me know ,if any ideas

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry about the delays. life got in the way.

For the logo I would suggest center front. It's the first place you'll want to see it.

And yet a bit loose. But overall good. After the previous emails I would have to agree about the statement being too tight and ill-fitting would be worse than a little loose.

Will post some pics later today for the product so far as well as a comparative shot with another cover made earlier by another person.

-c

Some prototype Vectrex cover pictures.

Black is the current cover from Nanny

Fabric print is the old cover previously sold by GDG a few years back. (Got mine at a previous CG Expo)

Different person from Nanny made the previous fabric print cover.

One of the pics show the new cover flipped inside out in case you were wondering about the inside finish.

P1070232.JPG

P1070233.JPG

P1070235.JPG

P1070237.JPG

P1070242.JPG

P1070254.JPG

P1070259.JPG

P1070247.JPG

P1070251.JPG

P1070252.JPG

Edited by Vectrexer

Chris,

Glad your back.Do understand about life and complications

Barb/Nanny sent you an email today.

I think its about there from the description you posted.

She is sending you a more complete version,for you to compare.

Hopefully she has got it nailed.Plus I really want to send your unit back,all my grandchildren keep asking,what is it?

To everyone else waiting,thanks.I think the wait will be worth it

Chris,

Glad your back.Do understand about life and complications

Barb/Nanny sent you an email today.

I think its about there from the description you posted.

She is sending you a more complete version,for you to compare.

Hopefully she has got it nailed.Plus I really want to send your unit back,all my grandchildren keep asking,what is it?

To everyone else waiting,thanks.I think the wait will be worth it

Your grandchildren should be playing it! Need a multicart loan for a bit too?

• 2 weeks later...

Labrat,thanks for the compliment.

She really likes hearing the good things.

Also,another update on the Vectrex.She has been working on the fine tuning of the cover for the last week.She showed it to me the other night and I thought it looked spot-on.But she felt it needed to be a bit tighter in one corner.I think if I was to have tried this,I would have given it up along time ago....I never realized how much finesse is needed.Oh well.thats why I married her

Edited by oldjd

New cover iteration delivered. Review pics tonight.

Update:

The new cover is even better than the last one. More form fitting and a better length too! The embroidery looks pretty good as well. Not a Vectrex logo but nice all the same. I have some question back about the kind of logo art that might be acceptable. I think that is the last detail to be ironed out.

Here are couple of current pics.

P1070467.JPG

P1070468.JPG

P1070469.JPG

P1070473.JPG

P1070474.JPG

P1070474.JPG

P1070481.JPG

Edited by Vectrexer