IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

Why is everyone pre-ordering two of each? :?

To answer your question with a question, "Why have people order 6 ColecoVision games on Christmas Day for the last two years?".

And the answer, because we love our ColecoVisions and all the great products that are being developed and released for it by some tremendous Homebrewers... including yourself! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Thanks for everybody that has subscribed to the SGM or DKA list. We have crossed the 50 pre-orders so far.

I am back home, so here are some news: I have a contract in place for the SGM case 3D model. By late March we should have not only the model but also a prototype of the case, so we will able to see exactly what the SGM will look like.

I also got quotes for the SGM edge connector, a key component of the SGM board (because 60 pin right angle connectors are ultra rare those days). The connectors are manufactured on demand and there is a discount if I order 250+ pieces, so that is something I need to evaluate in the next few weeks.

Anyways, tomorrow I resume work on the module.

• Like 1

pm me edouardo

i got ''Not set or found: Array'' trouble

i'm in for one and a dka cart

Please send me your email address and I'll add you to the list.

BTW, we have got to 60 pre-orders, so I suspect that the planned initial run of 100 would be insufficient, considering that it has been only a week since we started pre-order and advertizing is yet to come, probably with Coleco's help. So I am now considering going with 150 units day 1. In fact, if we can get to that, and taking into account some recent developments, I would consider giving the SGM its own box.

In another news, I am halfway with routing, so I hope to start beta testing the SGM hardware next month. With 3 months beta-testing, we would go into manufacturing by July.

• Like 1

I see that quite a few people here have a talent for creating boxes.

So I was wondering if perhaps you guys would like to help me with the SGM box.

At this point I cannot promise anything because I am not even 100% sure that the box is going to happen, so let's assume this is just for fun.

I would like to see if someone can propose a box that follows the Coleco template for ColecoVision hardware. Assume the box 10" long x 6" wide x 5" high. You can use screenshot of existing CV games as the placeholder for Super Games screenshots, and any black box as the placeholder for a SGM picture.

No need to be very polished, I am more concerned about layout at this point. And if someone can come with a nice layout, that would save me precious time in case I decide to have a box made.

• Like 1

I see that quite a few people here have a talent for creating boxes.

So I was wondering if perhaps you guys would like to help me with the SGM box.

At this point I cannot promise anything because I am not even 100% sure that the box is going to happen, so let's assume this is just for fun.

I would like to see if someone can propose a box that follows the Coleco template for ColecoVision hardware. Assume the box 10" long x 6" wide x 5" high. You can use screenshot of existing CV games as the placeholder for Super Games screenshots, and any black box as the placeholder for a SGM picture.

No need to be very polished, I am more concerned about layout at this point. And if someone can come with a nice layout, that would save me precious time in case I decide to have a box made.

There is indeed a lot of talent here, and that makes for solid competition as well. I can't promise lightning speed, but I'll see what I can come up with Eduardo!

Cheers,

Greg

There is indeed a lot of talent here, and that makes for solid competition as well. I can't promise lightning speed, but I'll see what I can come up with Eduardo!

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks!

BTW, I am almost there with the SGM PCB. I think we will have a beta candidate by next week.

And in case you want a Super Game Module, make sure you subscribe to the pre-order list here: http://www.opcodegames.com/lists/?p=subscribe

Edited by opcode