IGNORED

The Official "Super Expansion Module" Thread

opcode

There is indeed a lot of talent here, and that makes for solid competition as well. I can't promise lightning speed, but I'll see what I can come up with Eduardo!

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks!

BTW, I am almost there with the SGM PCB. I think we will have a beta candidate by next week.

And in case you want a Super Game Module, make sure you subscribe to the pre-order list here: http://www.opcodegam...ts/?p=subscribe

Here's a quick mockup. Nothing spectacular, but a nice start. Open to any suggestions/direction!

post-28334-0-74630000-1330290324_thumb.jpg

There is indeed a lot of talent here, and that makes for solid competition as well. I can't promise lightning speed, but I'll see what I can come up with Eduardo!

Cheers,

Greg

Thanks!

BTW, I am almost there with the SGM PCB. I think we will have a beta candidate by next week.

And in case you want a Super Game Module, make sure you subscribe to the pre-order list here: http://www.opcodegam...ts/?p=subscribe

Here's a quick mockup. Nothing spectacular, but a nice start. Open to any suggestions/direction!

Super cool. However I would replace "Expansion Module #3" with "Super Game Module", since the EM #3 actually exists and it is the ADAM.

I would also put some more screenshots under the COLECOVISION logo, increase the SGM picture, and flip the metal logo plate around (though for mockup purposes that is of course irrelevant) .

• Like 1

I am almost there with the PCB. Just fine tuning it to death. It looks beautiful already.

It has also been decided that the SGM will have it's own box, albeit at an extra $10.

I am pretty sure that if history repeats itself that if you get me the SGM and Donkey Kong that those two will not see their respective boxes for months :)

I am almost there with the PCB. Just fine tuning it to death. It looks beautiful already.

It has also been decided that the SGM will have it's own box, albeit at an extra $10.

I am pretty sure that if history repeats itself that if you get me the SGM and Donkey Kong that those two will not see their respective boxes for months :)

You'll likely be among the first to hold records for DKA on Twin Galaxies. ;)

Super good news: I got the second autodialer today and it is finally going to the designer to have the 3D model done. He said 2 weeks, so I believe that by mid March we should have the first (and super expensive) prototype of the final case. I hope to have the first prototype of the final PCB by the same time.

• Like 1

Another good news for the day: Dale started development of all printed material for the SGM today, including the module's metal front plate and assorted logos. Thrusters on full... 8)

Does this include packaging? Just wanted to know if Dale has taken the reigns on this.

Well, as I understood, you would be providing the mock-ups, Dale was going to create the final designs. And of course I will find a way to compensate you for your work.

Another good news for the day: Dale started development of all printed material for the SGM today, including the module's metal front plate and assorted logos. Thrusters on full... 8)

Does this include packaging? Just wanted to know if Dale has taken the reigns on this.

Well, as I understood, you would be providing the mock-ups, Dale was going to create the final designs. And of course I will find a way to compensate you for your work.

I'm okay with that. :) I'm just happy to contribute to this monumental piece of history! Those mock-ups are just compressed JPGs, but I have actually done everything in 600 dpi Photoshop files. So I'd hate to think he is re-creating all of the detail.

I'm okay with that. :) I'm just happy to contribute to this monumental piece of history! Those mock-ups are just compressed JPGs, but I have actually done everything in 600 dpi Photoshop files. So I'd hate to think he is re-creating all of the detail.

Well, we could forward the photoshop files to him then. Which reminds me... any progress with sides and back of the box... Not that I am pressing you or anything, just really curious to see or take on that... :)

Well, we could forward the photoshop files to him then. Which reminds me... any progress with sides and back of the box... Not that I am pressing you or anything, just really curious to see or take on that... :)

Awesome! They are coming along and I will post them shortly. B)

how can i preorder?

still waiting for my 4 carts order...

Please go to the subscribe page:

http://opcodegames.com/lists/?p=subscribe

About your order, I am assuming you are the guy from Argentine, right? If so, your order was shipped a couple of weeks ago. I have never sent anything to Argentina before, so I have no idea how long it usually takes, if there may be delays due to customs, etc. So let's please wait a couple more weeks, and if you don't receive the games until there I can send you a replacement, or a refund, whatever is better for you.

Eduardo