IGNORED

Whats the rarest 2600 game that you own?

Fischer500

My rarest cart is Galaxian. It's only an R2 on AtariAge, but there's a special reason my Galaxian cart is much, much rarer than that....

post-24585-126090902938_thumb.jpg

It's rarer because as you can see, it was signed by the current Galaxian World Record Holder, Mr. Galaxian/Homer himself. One-of-a-kind!

yes, but is it the galaxian cart he broke the record with? now THAT cart would be a one of a kind :cool:

Although I did not break a record on the cart, I did play a game on it that lasted over an hour. So I did more than just autograph the cart. :cool: By the way I sold the original record breaking Galaxian cart to Wonder for $10. I really needed the money at the time so the $10 was a valuable $10 to me.

Selling carts we break records with...hmmm, there's an interesting idea. In that case, would anyone like a No Escape cart? (I know you are reading this, Cebus... :P Perhaps it is time for a grudge match?)

Oh God no, I had enough of that game that week. I think my brain fried by Monday afternoon! No more Gorgons, NOOOOO! :D

Well, for one, I would still love to get my CIB international edition of Galaxian signed by homer.

For two, since autographed carts got brought up, I have that super challenge football cart signed by the creator, Ken Smith (as always, thanks to Jason :D ). Not like too many of those are floating around: not one of a kind but really, how many people have carts of any type signed by the software author? :D

This, of course, is all subjective rarity: it is only rare if someone considers the signature a "part" of the item, in which case, it makes each item unique in and of itself, even if multiple signed copies exist, each one is still very unique in that aspect of it compared to the others.

clap.gif

Actually the rarest cart I own is my original text label Space Invaders.

Why is it rare, you say? It's not even a rarity 3!....

Well, I would never sell it, trade it, or even give it away. Why? Because that was the first video game I ever played with my dad. I was 5-6 and I remember playing it for hours with him.

Rarity doesn't just come from monetary value.

My rarest cart actually isn't 2600, but I figured it fit in. Anyway, here's Tempest for the 7800! It's pretty much identical to the ST version, and appears to be complete (but I don't have another version of Tempest to compare with, so it might not be.).

If you were actually fooled by this, you clearly don't know anything about the 7800.

post-23506-126126287705_thumb.gif

post-23506-126126290916_thumb.gif

post-23506-126126293864_thumb.gif

post-23506-126126298824_thumb.gif

• 1 month later...

I have a proto of a game called "Greatest American Hero" that I am not ready to tell anyone about yet.

I also have a proto of game called "That's Incredible" with some woman called Sarah Purcell on the label. Whoever that is. I don't know if that's rare or not though.

Also, my Dad worked at Disney and his friend gave him a working copy of this 2600 game they were working on called The Black Hole after some old movie or something.

Other than those three I don't have anything too nuts. Some Charlie Brown Kite game, a game with a Birthday Cake that says my name that my parents got for me for my 8th birthday and some game with Moses in it.

Sarah Purcell was the Host of the TV show "That's incredible" I used to watch it every Sunday night. I would love to check out that game, I never heard of anything about it even being in development.

I have a proto of a game called "Greatest American Hero" that I am not ready to tell anyone about yet.

I also have a proto of game called "That's Incredible" with some woman called Sarah Purcell on the label. Whoever that is. I don't know if that's rare or not though.

Also, my Dad worked at Disney and his friend gave him a working copy of this 2600 game they were working on called The Black Hole after some old movie or something.

Other than those three I don't have anything too nuts. Some Charlie Brown Kite game, a game with a Birthday Cake that says my name that my parents got for me for my 8th birthday and some game with Moses in it.

Sarah Purcell was the Host of the TV show "That's incredible" I used to watch it every Sunday night. I would love to check out that game, I never heard of anything about it even being in development.

LOL, good luck with that ;)

By the rarity guide these are the only 2 7s I have.

Miner 2049'er Vol. II (pretty whooped label)

Stargunner

And my 6s are all Starpath/Arcadia tapes (Yes I said tapes!)

Frogger, The Official

Party Mix

Rabbit Transit

I've had all the Supercharger games since new, and the two at the top were in the lot I just got last week for $50.

Miner II seems pretty interesting, and I haven't tried Stargunner, it looks so-so.

I'm missing some of the more common "rare" games. Things that usually sell in the $15-40 range. I'm just not ready to part with real money. As for what I own that's rare. I have all Mystique and Playaround games. Malagai is my prized possession along with Music Machine. I have Glib, Halloween, Texas CM, and sealed copies of Kid Vid and Berenstain Bears. I've completed all PB, Coleco, and Imagic games, and only missing Cannon Man from Sears. Still ticking me off.

Phil

• 2 weeks later...

I would think a home brew like Racer or Defender Arcade would be rare since they are released in limited quantities

Many collectors don't do homebrews. I myself have a few, but won't go out of my way to buy too many unless it peaks my interest.

Phil

Why is that? I don't buy every home brew that hits the market but there are a lot of home brews that have been released that are excellent.

Guardian by Apollo, rarity 8. Found it within a bag of games at a thrift store. Apollo games are usually appalling as far as game play and graphics, so I wasn't that excited when I found it until I looked up the rarity rating, then I was pretty happy. The rarest item in my collection is a manual (not the game, unfortunately, though it is probably tougher to find than the manual) I found at a thrift store while visiting Fort Bragg CA for a family reunion. It was on the floor! I was going through a bunch of manuals and looked down and was standing on it! (no mud on my shoes, thank goodness). I saw the name "Swordquest" and thought it was probably Earthworld. Nope, it was Waterworld! I could not believe it.

Edited by Miss 2600