IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

Did anything ever become of Bitpop, which I discovered/referred to just over a year back? I never followed up due to its poor audio quality, but from what I understand, it was supposed to be sumthin' special.

Did anything ever become of Bitpop, which I discovered/referred to just over a year back? I never followed up due to its poor audio quality, but from what I understand, it was supposed to be sumthin' special.

I don't even remember it. But I'm recording CCG Episode 14, and it's about Hidden Treasures. They are having more events coming up.

Classic Console Gamernews Episode 14 has been published. I visit an arcade, but things get all weird around the episode. Quite possibly the oddest episode ever. Enjoy.

There's my Friday morning at the office entertainment. Thanks, S.

• Like 1

Blake J. Harris is EVERYWHERE on EVERY podcast! He is the Sonic the Hedgehog of podcast guests. Or if you prefer a more retro era, the Frogger of podcast guests.

In your eyes, is that a good thing or a bad thing?

As a lowly podcaster, I think it's great that he is putting himself out there with hacks like us.

• Like 2

As a lowly podcaster, I think it's great that he is putting himself out there with hacks like us.

This is the first I've heard from him. I think it's a good thing, since different 'casters will be asking him entirely different questions.

In my very particular opinion, not a reason for me to tune in. I have his book, and I'm not going to buy additional copies (interesting subject matter, but written in a pseudo-screenplay style full of fake-sounding imagined dialogue). I've heard him as a guest on two different podcasts and it while it was interesting the first time, the second round wasn't different enough, which gets a bit annoying to me. That's because I have the attention span of a kitten. I'll try your podcast later on down the line, this would not be a good place for me to start.

I'm glad you got him as a guest though, and it's good for him to be out there in the community. The fact that there are people who still don't know who he is is proof enough that it's cool that he is doing this.

He's the Miner 2049'er of podcast guests!

• Like 1

photo.jpg

Ellen Beth Van Buskirk - Sega Marketing guru, one of the minds behind Sonic 2sday (the first ever world-wide simultaneous video game software launch

and...

Lindsey_Naegle.png

Lindsey Naegle - Simpsons "C" character. Infamous creator of Poochie

Blake J Harris may be the Montezuma's Revenge of podcast guests, but only our humble program can come up with this reference. :)

• Like 2

2sday ? I like how even the hair is the same. I wonder if a Simpsons writer closely followed Sega and got a eureka moment. It's a total reach for a Simpsons episode, or a great coincidence. But then again, obscure references in The Simpsons' social commentary is nothing new.

• Like 1

The Poochie episode aired in 1997 (!). I thought it was much earlier than that.

and the extra long wikipedia entry for the episode, fails to even mention that it was the debut of Ms Naegle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Itchy_%26_Scratchy_%26_Poochie_Show

then there is this tribute video to my favorite fictional corporate exec of all time

http://blip.tv/familiar-faces/familiar-faces-34-lindsey-naegle-4051212

Harris on Van Buskirk (italics are his)

She had grown up in an era where it was considered more adorable than ambitious for a woman to work. She always found that notion ridiculous and took pride in never just wanting a job, a place at the table, a spot on the team, but wanting the top job, the best seat at the table, the starring role on the team. True, she rarely got the the and often had to settle for an a, but the no-no-no of the status quo didn't extinguish her fire. She developed a precocious talent for spinning negatives into positives, and interpreted her 5-foot 11-inch frame to be the Lord's not-so-subtle way of telling her to keep thinking big. No matter how many times the world tried to teach her that she was lucky just to participate, she never stopped trying to teach the world that it was flat-out wrong.

If I were she, I wouldn't appreciate this profile nor the comparison to the Poochie person, unfavorably described here.

in our show when this subject came up, we went out of our way to say Lindsey was a bizzaro version of EBVB. As an example Sega of America removed the poochie characteristics of Sonic the Hedgehog (the human girlfriend and guitar).

Both the simpsons character and the real life Ellen Beth share the same traits that were needed at the time to be successful women in business. Ellen Beth used her powers for good in the real world... Lindsey used her powers for not-so-good in a fictitious one. The simpsons are notorious for taking characters to extremes for humor. Think Comic Book Guy, Apu, Troy McClure, Flanders and pretty much every other low level character in the show.

Comic Book Guy and Flanders have become icons of their respective groups despite the original negative stereotypes they portrayed.

There was absolutely no malice in our comparison. I am a fan of both.

• Like 2