IGNORED

2 worthy video game podcasts

S1500

the original and the best

LET'S GO TO THE PEACH PIT!!

I'll fess up. These late 80s/early 80s tacky girlie fashions is like ultra-crack to me.

EDIT: This song is on Just Dance 3.

Edited by S1500
  • Like 1

I don't get it. Retronauts openly admit they have little knowledge of pre-1985 video games. So why don't they bring on a guest host that has this knowledge/experience?

Maybe they want to go all dielentte(what's that word again?) about the topic. And I get all my medical advice from Jenny McCarthy.

• Like 1

I don't get it. Retronauts openly admit they have little knowledge of pre-1985 video games. So why don't they bring on a guest host that has this knowledge/experience?

It wasn't too bad of an episode. The episode was 48 minutes instead of the usual 2+ hours.

Yah I was gonna say, the retro truth finally comes out, they tend to stay 1985 or later.

Chris Kohler was the "guest", he's not one of the usual gang, & offered some helpful info the show needed; it wouldve been their Atari episode where they basically said "we dont know much about this, consult this book for more, better info." One guy (Ray?) had nothing to offer & was quiet the whole time. & at least 2 of them sound the same.

Best line is early on, Jeremy says something like "we never discussed ColecoVision because it's old" & Kohler's like "wait...what?"

• Like 1

You guys are really selling this Retronauts episode :mad:

It's hard to sell commercialized retro gaming podcasts*. As you can tell, they don't even get considered for a Golden Poddie award. Grassroot podcasts all the way.

* Commercialized retro gaming podcast: - a podcast where any host has ties to a gaming website and/or magazine.

I love how the stunt track has regular 2-way traffic, including 18 wheelers.

Agreed.

Hard Drivin' was awesome in the arcade. It sucked balls on my Atari ST. Fortunately, Stunt Track Racer was an excellent alternative.

• Like 1

I was listening to the two newest podcasts of RETROGAMING RADIO, and when I went to look for the MAY podcast, i noticed that the APRIL and MARCH that I listened to were 2013...not 2014! What happened to them this last year? Did they change their name? I would like to hear the conclusion to Commodore 64 special, part 4, and etc.

14256566032_de2b423230_z.jpgUntitled by SacredKnightOfTomorrow, on Flickr

• Like 1

Yeah, that's Shane Monroe. He fell way behind schedule & I think now quit doing RGRadio altogether. I subbed to him until he got too far behind & seemed to dry up. I dont miss him much. The thing with doing a MONTHLY show is that it should release... MONTHLY. Listeners expect that.

He's probably doing something right now that, later on someone else will get credit for, then he'll complain "I did that FIRST!" on his futuristic holocast. He invented Redbox y'know, & also did something on a computer he likened to electricity being discovered & the moon landing.

(Man, I hope people dont think that says "Holocaust")

Edited by RJ
  • Like 2

Listening to the latest ColecoVisions show, I hear about upcoming homebrews:

"So if you like Lady Bug or Mouse Trap..."

"This game is similar to Xevious"

"This is an Arkanoid clone"

& I wonder, & NO OFFENSE MEANT, do we like/want homebrews? If they seem to be rehashes of existing games, why not stick with the originals? Do we want a Xevious or Arkanoid clone on Colecovision, when so many versions already exist? Are they made just to see if they're possible (often on "lesser" systems)? Are non-collectors interested, or does it seem they're aimed at collectors who strive for every game in a system's library?

I want to get an idea of whether people actually like & appreciate the homebrew concept. To me, I just never got it.

Edited by RJ