IGNORED

Is that an Atari cartridge in your pocket or . . .

Random Terrain

This might be old news to you, but I just noticed the Atari Cartridge Wallets. Whenever you ruin an Atari cartridge, an angel snaps a wing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbpq8NEWxYc&rel=0&fmt=18&showinfo=0

http://www.etsy.com/shop/nilesz

Cry for the cartridges!

www.cpuwiz.com/images/SMASHET.MPG

How many people still carry their wallets in their back pocket? I don't. Thus I don't have to worry about sitting on it. Plus not all men's pants even have back pockets.

A 2600 cart would probably work for me as a wallet, but it's a bit larger than I'd prefer.

How many people still carry their wallets in their back pocket? I don't. Thus I don't have to worry about sitting on it. Plus not all men's pants even have back pockets.

So you're not happy to see me! It was your wallet the whole time!

So you're not happy to see me! It was your wallet the whole time!

My next wallet shall be made from a Playaround cart. :D And it should fit my front jeans pocket just nicely.

Oh, and RT? As a valued member of this community, we are always happy to see you. Right, class? Whatever would we do without your unwavering support for ET? without you, we'd all be lost and falling into pits and we'd never phone home. :)

Edited by shadow460

As a texan I am forced to wear jeans all the time and have my wallet in the rear. Personally I think its weird to keep my wallet anywhere else. :P

For the most part it's Dockers or jeans for me and Homey ain't puttin' a cartridge wallet in the front pocket. With cargo pants it would work but that doesn't do me any good...

I have one of these wallets and before you dismiss them simply as an "R2 cart with 49 cent hinges", let me tell you that these wallets are very well made and a considerable amount of time goes into making each one. Sure, the parts may be inexpensive but it's a labor of love and I'm sure any Atari fan would be quite impressed if they actually handled one of these in person.

Having said that, if an angel snaps a wing every time a common Atari 2600 cart is transmuted, then I'm certainly responsible for many more snapped wings than this project.. :ponder:

..Al

• Like 1

As a texan I am forced to wear jeans all the time and have my wallet in the rear. Personally I think its weird to keep my wallet anywhere else. :P

For the most part it's Dockers or jeans for me and Homey ain't puttin' a cartridge wallet in the front pocket. With cargo pants it would work but that doesn't do me any good...

I started putting my wallet in my front pocket years ago when I started having back problems. Sitting with on a wallet is a quality way to throw your back out of alignment. It was weird at first, but didn't take long to get used to. Makes it much harder to get pick-pocketed too!

I have one of these wallets and before you dismiss them simply as an "R2 cart with 49 cent hinges", let me tell you that these wallets are very well made and a considerable amount of time goes into making each one. Sure, the parts may be inexpensive but it's a labor of love and I'm sure any Atari fan would be quite impressed if they actually handled one of these in person.

Having said that, if an angel snaps a wing every time a common Atari 2600 cart is transmuted, then I'm certainly responsible for many more snapped wings than this project.. :ponder:

..Al

A labor of love and 500% profit :P

They are cool, don't get me wrong, and I want one, I just balk at the price tag.

• Like 3

They are cool, don't get me wrong, and I want one, I just balk at the price tag.

I believe zeitshabba told me it takes over an hour to build each of these cartridges and that doesn't take into account the time to acquire the various materials, setting up a nice webpage to sell the carts, taking pictures and videos, and managing and shipping out orders. Not to mention the initial development time up front. Given the time it takes to build these and the quality of the final product, I think the prices are reasonable.

..Al

I started putting my wallet in my front pocket years ago when I started having back problems. Sitting with on a wallet is a quality way to throw your back out of alignment. It was weird at first, but didn't take long to get used to. Makes it much harder to get pick-pocketed too!

I generally put my wallet in my back pocket, but if I'm in an area where I feel the odds are better of being pick-pocketed, I'll put the wallet in my front pocket. If I'm on a long drive, the wallet in my back pocket does get uncomfortable and I take it out. Never thought about the back alignment issue before, that's pretty interesting.

..Al

Makes it much harder to get pick-pocketed too!

That's one of the reasons why mine has been in my front pocket since I was a kid. There's almost no chance that someone will be able to take it out of my front pocket and unlike some other people who lose their wallets (slides out of their back pockets without them knowing while sitting), I know where my wallet is all all times. If it moves a fraction of an inch, I can feel it.

I switched to putting my wallet in my front pocket a few years ago. I've had wallets sneak out of my back pocket too many times: at movie theaters, on a roller coaster, at work...

I bought a new wallet and found that the little insert that holds photos made a better "mini-wallet" for cards and a little cash. It's thin, secure, and keeps me from stuffing too much crap in it and having a George Costanza wallet. :lol:

Oh yeah, if I go to say Atlantic City, the wallet goes in the front pocket. Someone tried to pickpocket me by "accidentally" bumping into me - it was painfully obvious what they were trying to do.

I believe zeitshabba told me it takes over an hour to build each of these cartridges and that doesn't take into account the time to acquire the various materials, setting up a nice webpage to sell the carts, taking pictures and videos, and managing and shipping out orders. Not to mention the initial development time up front. Given the time it takes to build these and the quality of the final product, I think the prices are reasonable.

..Al

Al, it's profiteering and it's patently a violation of trademarks and protected artwork, including unlicensed use of the Atari name in a new product, etc.. It's hardly an allowed resale of a cart, or a one-off piece of "art" like you see get sold on ebay from time to time. These are the Atari name and artwork being re appropriated for a new commercial product. The guy has a full manufacturing shop set up and boxes upon boxes of carts. And he had been warned by some of us not to try it, and to change the name to "video game wallets", etc.

Edited by wgungfu
  • Like 1