IGNORED

What have you actually PLAYED tracker for 2010 (Season 3)

cvga

Todays times.

Nintendo 64

Midway Arcade Greatest Hits 32 mins

This is an example of where I would say to break down the individual games played within that collection. We are interested, after all, in the actual games being played.

OK, then.

Robotron: 2084 12 mins

Defender 10 mins

Root Beer Tapper 10 mins

• Like 2

Went nutty on the VCS tonight. Lots of little game sessions!

All VCS:

Donkey Kong: 15 mins.

Q*Bert: 15 mins.

Carnival: 5 mins.

Frontline: 10 mins.

Mr. Do!: 5 mins.

Smurf: Rescue in Gargamel's Castle: 10 mins.

Zaxxon: 10 mins.

Dolphin: 20 mins.

Dragonfire: 10 mins.

Room of Doom: 15 mins.

• Like 1

It's time for the mid-week Stat of the Week...

I've been listing games as they join the 1,000 minute club. Here are the 12 game players who are part of the 3,000 minute club!

1. rmaerz (27,341 minutes)

2. sandmountainslim (20,456)

3. Kurt_Woloch (20,199)

4. Mr. Galaxian (11,140)

5. Atarian7 (9,942)

6. midnight magicman (7,745)

7. cvga (7,400)

8. Ransom (6,952)

9. Wickeycolumbus (4,111)

10. thegoldenband (3,646)

11. Sonic R (3,525)

12. holgibo (3,055)

172 different people have posted!

• Like 4

After the marathon session of Phantasy Star 4 last week I took a break from games for a bit. Then a co-worker gave me a 10 day pass to Star Trek Online so I figured I'd try that out a bit to change things up. Tonight I got the itch the play my old systems again.

NES

Batman - 32 minutes

City Connection - 10 minutes

Wrath of the Black Manta - 10 minutes

Ring King - 15 minutes

SNES

Super Off-Road: The Baja - 35 minutes

Ken Griffey Jr. Winning Run - 15 minutes

Donkey Kong Country - 13 minutes

Super Mario World - 15 minutes

I was really off tonight. I struggled with every game I tried. Missing jumps that I normally make in DKC and Mario, not being able to pass the second boss in Batman, not winning a match in Ring King. It was still fun though. I had Lost in Space season 2 playing on the other TV so at least I had that.

Biggest disappointment: I remember Super Off-Road in the arcade. Usually those big machines with 4 steering wheels. I love that game and could play it for hours. The Baja was not it, I didn't know that when I picked it up at a thrift store for $3. Rather than the top down view where you see the whole track it's a view from right behind your truck and damn near first person. I dislike driving games like that. I tried to play it as best I could but that view just gives me a headache.

Weirdest game: City Connection. I understand what you're doing, but...a NES game? Really? I'd expect something like this on Intellivision.

So now that I've picked up the classic games again I'll probably be playing a bit most nights. I think I'll keep Phantasy Star 4 for the weekends when I can spend some time on it. I really want to finish that game but after the amount of time I spent on it last week I'm still a bit burned out.

On a collection note, I have Legendary Axe for the TurboGrafx 16 on the way. I got it off of Ebay but for less than I was willing to pay so I'm happy. I know very little about the TG16 but I have read that Bonks and Legendary Axe 1 and 2 are considered the games that are must haves. I've also heard good things about Galaga 90.

• Like 3

I have yet to play any games this week. I've been setting things up for Retrocade IV this Saturday night. The kids and I were playing consoles last night but that was only to adjust sound levels so that the TV you are stationed at is in the foreground and the neighboring TV not quite as up front to give you that "arcade feel."

We're celebrating 30 years of Pac-Man Saturday night and it is the Arcade/MAME HSC game of the week so I'll have some times to report for that one...

• Like 1